So far the new "Content update" sounds more like a Cartel Market update

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the two people arguing about WoW races requiring expansion purchases: As of two weeks before Mists of Pandaria launched, Blizzard lifted the restriction off of player races. Any player may create any race they want, but the classes, continents and endgame content require the expansions.

From what I understand the problem is that what seems a pure cartel market update is being "sold" as an update they promised us every 6-8 weeks.

This ^^

Unfortunately they never stated that these updates would 100% free to access or what these updates would be for. They just said that they would happen. Everyone just assumed the updates were for the game itself and not some money vacuum. Boy, were we wrong.

This ^^

Unfortunately they never stated that these updates would 100% free to access or what these updates would be for. They just said that they would happen. Everyone just assumed the updates were for the game itself and not some money vacuum. Boy, were we wrong.

You were? So you know all the features coming in the next patch already? Can you give us all the details? So far all we've gotten is a couple of the features with Dulfy promising more news next week but if you know everything that's coming please tell us.

The overreactions to everything on this forum are quite funny.

Ya we sub and get cc coins for that. BUT an update with the only stated features being avail for cartel coins is a bit bogus! There NEEDS to be something pretty big for subscribers in this update!

2.0 and the expansion cost money in addition to our monthly sub fees. If this update only has stuff avail for more money also that is a HIGE fail!!!!

No, we are getting cartel coins as a bonus, part of the loyalty program. They're given so we can buy ourselves trash and vanity items from the cartel market. They should not be required for us to enjoy new content!

You were? So you know all the features coming in the next patch already? Can you give us all the details? So far all we've gotten is a couple of the features with Dulfy promising more news next week but if you know everything that's coming please tell us.

We don't know all the news but it's concerning when all they tell us is cartel market related. Especially when the new content update is entitled "customization".

All? No. Most? Yes. Unless this is a mega update (which I doubt) I dont think we will see much more besides the given info and probably a new Cartel Pack

Dont be delusional that theyll put out much more than this, they promised 6-8 week updates and they wont make it if they put everything out there at once

All? No. Most? Yes. Unless this is a mega update (which I doubt) I dont think we will see much more besides the given info and probably a new Cartel Pack

Dont be delusional that theyll put out much more than this, they promised 6-8 week updates and they wont make it if they put everything out there at once

Those weren't meant to be cartel market updates.

Those weren't meant to be cartel market updates.

I know, and thats the problem. I dont mind some things being on the CM instead of in-game, I understand that BW needs to pull money from somewhere but let it stay fluff and not game components

Since f2p game received a really nice and frequent amount of updates on a regular basis and that's, pretty much, what I would expect to see in the future. I am gettng annoyed when new content patch is meant to come out and its loudest features are supposed to be cartel coin restricted.

Darn, even the title of the content patch is "Customization" and it's the thing which greatest emphasis appears to be placed on. And it's not cool when the major features of the content patch, especially if they are part of its name, are charged extra.

I hear TOR has two independent teams - one dedicated to the content patches and one to the cartel market updates. Which one worked on the character customization and dyes?

Maybe wait for the patch notes, before over reacting.

We don't know all the news but it's concerning when all they tell us is cartel market related. Especially when the new content update is entitled "customization".

What they are telling you is what everyone has been begging to know for months.... CATHAR AND CHARACTER RECUSTMOIZATION...... WHEN??!!

So.. they finally begin to unveil these in marketing promotions.. and because we don't know the other content in 2.1 so some immediately ASSUME the worst. It's an entrenched pattern of behavior with some in the forum. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

What they are telling you is what everyone has been begging to know for months.... CATHAR AND CHARACTER RECUSTMOIZATION...... WHEN??!!

So.. they finally begin to unveil these in marketing promotions.. and because we don't know the other content in 2.1 so some immediately ASSUME the worst. It's an entrenched pattern of behavior with some in the forum. :rolleyes:

deal with it, you seem to be on attack mode on every thread i ever read in here.:rak_04:

you have an opinion and thats all it is everyone has one!

according to Dulfy's http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-armor-dyes-and-appearance-designer-kiosk-details/

very few of the things will be available via in game credits. mostly couple of dye colors that will be crafted/special vendors. everything else is cartel coin only. people are not just overreacting based on speculation, they might just might be reacting to the information in above link.

so yeah... sounds like cartel market update to me as well.

IRONY!!!!

you are saying that you had to spend extra money to get the races, EXPANSIONS BC/CATA/PANDALAND all come with new races that was not extra cash, aka the whole thread is not about the expansion, but the penny pinching in the cartel market, aka all the focus seems to be there and not on actually game *Promised* Updates, lots of this should be in game currency not cartel market.

i agree with you this type of marketing is designed for f2p but why are the subs being treated like f2p...

next thing i see coming is if you want customer service you will need to buy cartel coins to get a few minutes with peggy.

according to Dulfy's http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-armor-dyes-and-appearance-designer-kiosk-details/

very few of the things will be available via in game credits. mostly couple of dye colors that will be crafted/special vendors. everything else is cartel coin only. people are not just overreacting based on speculation, they might just might be reacting to the information in above link.

so yeah... sounds like cartel market update to me as well.

Darth Hater provides that we'll be able to spend credits but Dulfy says that their information is not accurate.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Right because BW is known for massive updates... they said themselves that theyll do small content patches every few weeks and 1 species, barbershop and a dye system is not too shabby for something small. Even if we see a WZ or FP that does detract from the situation we're put in: Cartel Market rules the game

Right because BW is known for massive updates... they said themselves that theyll do small content patches every few weeks and 1 species, barbershop and a dye system is not too shabby for something small. Even if we see a WZ or FP that does detract from the situation we're put in: Cartel Market rules the game

So what? We just had a bunch of new content with HC. You expect them to pay for even more content by relying on the fickle subbed community? Lol no. The CM fuels the development of this game and people need to come terms with that.

So what? We just had a bunch of new content with HC. You expect them to pay for even more content by relying on the fickle subbed community? Lol no. The CM fuels the development of this game and people need to come terms with that.

Content updates =/= expansions

They said "content updates every 6-8 weeks"

An exp pack like RotHC is only logical to work besides or be integrated with this self-imposed release schedule

Ive come to terms with it, I had a little hope but that kinda got shoved up where the sun dont shine

i agree with you this type of marketing is designed for f2p but why are the subs being treated like f2p.

Pretty sure F2Pers don't get a stipend of 500+ CC per month. Subs get that for what, exactly? Oh, yeah, so they can buy stuff without having to buy more CC (unless they are impatient, which is what BW//EA would prefer).

Edited by branmakmuffin

Content updates =/= expansions

They said "content updates every 6-8 weeks"

An exp pack like RotHC is only logical to work besides or be integrated with this self-imposed release schedule

Ive come to terms with it, I had a little hope but that kinda got shoved up where the sun dont shine

Semantics. HC is new content, no matter what you call it. If you expect a new 'content update' this close to HC, you're being unreasonable and probably just looking for something to complain about.