The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I think we are at a good state of balance right now

warstory

At this point I don't think there is one spec people can't own with. The only classes I don't personally play are operative and commando vanguard but I have talk to the good ones and from what they tell me things are in a good state.

Only 2 things now I see out of whack madness assasin need better force management, IMHO madness sorc is fine you don't need instant whirlwind.

And I am still seeing +9 k crits without any debuffs on smash maul

Edited by warstory

Your main is a sniper or a gunslinger?

Seriously, sniper and GS is far from balanced. At least one spec is far from balanced. The spec with the refesh on the CC immunity (cant remember the name of the skill or spec).

Other than this Sniper/GS spec I think its decently balanced. Pyro PT and merc might need a small UP to their damage or survivability but overall they are not that bad if the player playing those classes isnt terrible.

Right now in PvP there is NOTHING balanced.

* Much specs are broken ( far too strong / too weak )

* Resolve is crap

* Healing is extremely unbalanced ( too much )

* Too much CC's in the game

PvP is... nonsense.

Don't forget Lolster..

At this point I don't think there is one spec people can't own with. The only classes I don't personally play are operative and commando vanguard but I have talk to the good ones and from what they tell me things are in a good state.

Only 2 things now I see out of whack madness assasin need better force management, IMHO madness sorc is fine you don't need instant whirlwind.

you are so getting flamed for that...

I will say that balancing of classes is the least of my concerns in this game. Actually always has been.

I'd be more concerned with bolster, resolve, game performance and PvP content outside of warzones well before any buff/nerf nonsense. Can always play another class. Only option to get around some of those is play another game.

Lolster is a problem but every class can be countered

Yeah, but can every class be a counter?

DPS Mercs and Sorcs still have issues.

Right spec Sins are weak compared to other specs.

ROLL is LOL.

& Healers......

Besides having these obvious issues, the exploits and issues with gear and mechanics makes your claim misguided. You can't determine how balanced something is, when the game mechanics are screwed up...

Most people aren't fully geared and there are still some bolster issues. It's way too early to judge.

They should make that SWTORs slogan.

"SWTOR. Its way too early to judge."

Seriously. I have heard that and even said that myself since launch. Not sure when people should judge.

There is far more wrong with the PvP in this game than just classes with skills that have

no business being in any game. PvP in SWTOR has always been a clear sign that the decision makers for it have no

clue what they are doing if they even care. It's literally just a failed copy of WoW pvp.

...But I already knew that since early interviews showed Bioware did not focus much on it.

Perma stealth, people being damn near invincible, dedicated healing etc are all signs for you in the

future that the pvp will be bad.

I feel however the state of PvP now is worse than it's ever been.

Going F2P until at least bolster is removed from 55 pvp.

Edited by Tiaa

Yeah, but can every class be a counter?

DPS Mercs and Sorcs still have issues.

Right spec Sins are weak compared to other specs.

ROLL is LOL.

& Healers......

Besides having these obvious issues, the exploits and issues with gear and mechanics makes your claim misguided. You can't determine how balanced something is, when the game mechanics are screwed up...

Sorc can counter if you know the class and spec you are fighting against.

Merc can counter too lolectronet is nasty

Edited by warstory

There are a handful of things that could use tweaks. Not nearly as many as the alarmists on these forums would say though. Most rage I've seen so far is from Pyro PTs that just can't adapt to not being the top of the food chain with 4 buttons anymore. They've all rerolled smash monkeys.

If anything the problem was that Pyro PT went way too long without a nerf. It was brokenly OP for like a year.

Edited by dcgregorya

Seriously. I have heard that and even said that myself since launch. Not sure when people should judge.

Best way to find out how balanced things are is in the ranked scene. When you start see specs/classes left out to favor others due to damage, healing or team utility then you can start claiming who needs buffs or nerfs.

Since ranked is being used more or less to gear up faster right now (heck I got to run madness in a ranked) it might be a bit longer until we all see the bigger picture.

Sorc can counter if you know the class and spec you are fighting against.

Merc can counter too lolectronet is nasty

I have a 90+ Valor DPS Sage I played at launch and claiming it is a counter to anything, but its mirror, is lol. What skills to a Sage/Sorc offer that is a counter to a different class?

Last I knew, Merc DPS was still dependent on Tracer missle, with can still be interrupted. Regardless of the buffs, who exactly to they counter?

My hybrid Guardian tank would dismantle either, but I am not so sure my Pure DPS Sage could even touch my Guardian (and my Guardian is not even full DPS). I get just as much CC, WAY better DFCD, 2 leaps to eliminate any range advantage, and 3 attacks rated over 5K+. Can my DPS Sage match that? No. Given the same skill/knowledge level, my guardian will pimp-slap my Sage.

That means that there are still some major balance issues(even if you ignore the whole mechanics being screwed up thing).. So.... cool story bro:D

Best way to find out how balanced things are is in the ranked scene. When you start see specs/classes left out to favor others due to damage, healing or team utility then you can start claiming who needs buffs or nerfs.

Since ranked is being used more or less to gear up faster right now (heck I got to run madness in a ranked) it might be a bit longer until we all see the bigger picture.

Yeah, the poster there was right about that. For some reason; I was on a one track mind of people defending the broken systems in place in this game, which I don't think thats what he meant by "too early to judge."

PVP balance in ROTHC, which just came out a few weeks ago and has lots of bugs and not many max level and max geared characters, cannot be credibly assessed by players using anecdotes and gut reactions. I would say the same thing for any new game or significant game update at this stage.

Edited by Savej

Ok let's put it like this u know your sage can be shutdown u also know what to avoid from your jug smash, cleanse dots, ravage and excute. If u see smash coming you can counter it. Keep health above 30% at all costs. Cleanse dots, barrier on ravage. So say your fighting yourself and you know both sides who wins? that's balance to me.

PVP balance in ROTHC, which just came out a few weeks ago and has lots of bugs and not many max level and max geared characters, cannot be credibly assessed by players using anecdotes and gut reactions. I would say the same thing for any new game or significant game update at this stage.

maybe you are not

but i am almost half full conq.... and the difference i see between me and sage healers with full 72 gear is just lol

Also i am a gamer for the past 10 years playing MMO ... ihmo this is the second biggest fiasco i ever seen in mmo history after Funcom's age of conan Bori and bug jumping siege walls exploit.

People were crying for a fix in pvp there also and game director came back with a crafting expansion....

I wonder how many subs that game has nowadays.....

I agree. This is the most balanced the classes have ever been, and overall they have balanced classes better than any other game I have seen. I've got 9 50's, I have played with every single spec and I'm happy with all of the class changes in 2.0. None of them feel particularly more powerful than the others right now, and all of them are useful. I don't really have a problem managing force in madness spec assassin personally, just have to be more careful than sorc. I am personally loving the changes to my favorite classes (shadow and scoundrel) for all trees. Still jacking up my keystrokes with my shadow a little for infil because of the changes to force breach, but aside from that I love it.

Ok let's put it like this u know your sage can be shutdown u also know what to avoid from your jug smash, cleanse dots, ravage and excute. If u see smash coming you can counter it. Keep health above 30% at all costs. Cleanse dots, barrier on ravage. So say your fighting yourself and you know both sides who wins? that's balance to me.

Sages and Commandos are generalist classes. As a DPS they have heals, limited cleanses, ranged, decent survivability, etc. They're jacks of all trades. They have more range than the tank DPS classes like deceptsin, madsin, pyrotech, etc and generally more survivability. They're not going to hard counter things because nothing hard counters them. That doesn't mean they are under-performing right now.

I have a 90+ Valor DPS Sage I played at launch and claiming it is a counter to anything, but its mirror, is lol. What skills to a Sage/Sorc offer that is a counter to a different class?

Last I knew, Merc DPS was still dependent on Tracer missle, with can still be interrupted. Regardless of the buffs, who exactly to they counter?

My hybrid Guardian tank would dismantle either, but I am not so sure my Pure DPS Sage could even touch my Guardian (and my Guardian is not even full DPS). I get just as much CC, WAY better DFCD, 2 leaps to eliminate any range advantage, and 3 attacks rated over 5K+. Can my DPS Sage match that? No. Given the same skill/knowledge level, my guardian will pimp-slap my Sage.

That means that there are still some major balance issues(even if you ignore the whole mechanics being screwed up thing).. So.... cool story bro:D

Completely disagree, depending on spec. Smashers are a pain in the rear, but you can deal with them provided you can keep just a couple steps ahead and time your knock-back right. They really can't catch up with you easily. Vigilance is fantastic at tearing sages apart, but balance spec tears them apart. They have no way to cleanse, and no sprint to catch you with. They have a leap and a couple of abilities to stun or incap you, but nothing compared to a sage. Balance spec is also almost all internal damage, so it ignores armor. In a fight between the two it really just comes down to how good each player is. Also arsenal dps merc is primarily dependent upon unload, railshot, and heat seekers, not tracer. Tracer is probably the most used attack, but not the most important. And for the record, they very effectively counter tanks and other more heavily armored classes. Actually, as a tank, the absolute last thing I want attacking me is an arsenal spec merc. Their full auto effectively ignores 85% of my armor; it hits crazy hard. Pyro spec hits hard because of their burns, but elemental attacks never do as much as kinetic or energy attacks in base damage, so when kinetic and energy attacks ignore armor the same as elemental, they pose a much larger threat.