The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf Warriors(8k+ smashes ****)

Calamaethor

Smash is still scaling with gear and is rediculous. Doing up to 11k in a full aoe circle is completely profound. Not only that, but it has a super low cooldown and other skills further reduce that. Nothing else in the game compares to this. It gives players with no skill a chance to be = to a good player playing another class that requires more than 5-6 buttons.

When is the ETA on the nerf?

The amount of ignorance in thread is unreal. I have had a juggernaut since day 1 of SWTOR. Smash did some great damage for a while. It does ok damage now. Since 2.0 came out I have probably played somewhere close to 50 wzs and not even once has a warrior topped the damage charts.

There are classes right now absolutely beasting people down but you choose to look at one big number is stead of 1-2k consistently from other classes. Or tracer missile spam. Seriously just look at the damage charts...

Edited by supafranchize

Anyone hit by a 9-12k smash has a serious serious armor problem. Smash was literally nerfed. They flat out said it. Read the warrior post from the front page. Damage was taken out of smash and put into other abilities. My best, absolute best smash at lvl 55 was for about 8.5k.

The average is much closer to 5.5k, but the reality is with so many shielded players I see many more 3-4k hits. People seem to be getting alot better with their knockbacks and about half the time I jump to someone I am knocked back before I can smash even though I am spamming it as a jump because of the gcd.

There are many ways for sooo many classes to completely shut down a warrior. Despite the damage reduction of smash (Bioware's words) it still does ok but while in a typical Voidstar I will be somewhere around 3rd to 6th on damage. Pre 2.0 I was pretty much always number one. Now that spot is usually taken by a Sorc. or a BH.

With the severe nerf to crit rating this means you can't just stack power/surge like before, so even though certain attacks like Demo round hits extremely hard, it's only going to crit about 25% of the time if you go with standard gear, and if you have more crit % it'd obviously do less damage due to having less power. Smash, of course, crits 100% of the time so you can still stack power/surge like usual.

I find it funny that crit % was severely nerfed in 2.0 (probably the correct thing to do) in an obvious attempt to tone down burst and yet one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game still crits 100% of the time.

Sooooo, you can't think of any advantages Demo Round has? lolz

because i said there are no advantages to demo round..... :rolleyes:

if youre going to try to put words in my mouth, do a better job. given the nerf to crit, having an auto-crit ability that can do that kind of AOE damage is a very big deal.

ps, im giving it about a month before we start seeing actual "nerf merc/mando" threads. the qq is coming...

Edited by cashogy_reborn

because i said there are no advantages to demo round..... :rolleyes:

if youre going to try to put words in my mouth, do a better job. given the nerf to crit, having an auto-crit ability that can do that kind of AOE damage is a very big deal.

ps, im giving it about a month before we start seeing actual "nerf merc/mando" threads. the qq is coming...

The 2.0 paradigm seems to be big attacks hit really hard when they crit but they only crit about 25% of the time. This eliminates some degree of skill and some of the class mismatch. That is, Commando might still matchup poorly against some classes but obviously a crit Demo round for 8.5K or more goes a long way evening up any unfavorable matchup. This also means someone better than you (gear/skill) isn't guaranteed to win because if you crit your big attack and he didn't, that's usually enough to make up the difference. Obviously being better is still a good thing but it's no longer as insurmountable.

Of course Smash totally breaks this paradigm as there's nothing random about an attack that crits 100% of the time.

I just finished augmenting all my gear in full partisan/conqueror, and i have just over 30k hp in a wz. So if you were ok with 6k smashes on 20k hp, you should be fine with 8k on 30k hp.

Don't try to hit them with ratios (or mention damage from ranged/invis opponents). These are people that have been smashed in the face over and over. Expect tunnel vision and 1st grade math skills only.

Edited by WaywardOne

So smash was already a huge complaint, now its only been made stronger, I am literally being 1 shot because people are hitting 8ks consistent. I am not sure why developers thought it was a good idea to make it a crit everytime, so now they are just stacking power/str and its ridiculous.

What about the 10-14 K heals are they OK?

usually damage is tempered by survivability smashers have so much of that it's ridiculous. They have multiple escapes and tons of utility. It is a be all end all class. It's not a coincidence that most of the so-called best players are Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors and those that play some of the other builds would all probably do better as smashers. Edited by NathanielStarr