Barely any powertechs...

DarthWoad

I feel like I'm the only powertech doing level 55 pvp... Sometimes I'm the only person out of 20 people to be a bounty hunter let alone powertech...

I was just in a WZ, there was about 6 sages, 2 knights on their team, our team had 6 warriors and 6 inquisitors...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cause bioware killed off PTs check out all the threads about it

Cause is not FOTM anymore. And the "fingerless" are complaining about nerf of Pyros, cause they can't spam anymore Flameburst and Railshot and do "OMG AMAZING DPS". These noobs should try AP that works even better now :cool:

I feel like I'm the only powertech doing level 55 pvp... Sometimes I'm the only person out of 20 people to be a bounty hunter let alone powertech...

I was just in a WZ, there was about 6 sages, 2 knights on their team, our team had 6 warriors and 6 inquisitors...

I'd love to know how your team apparently had 13 people in it!

lulz, I was wondering that also.

But to the OP, I'v parked my PT. the only thing we had was burst DPS. With the TD change, CGC nerf, and the armor piercing reduction, the PT is now more of a one key wonder then ever before.

Glow sticks or bust baby!

They're not as op as they were before, so all the fotm rerollers have moved on

I've seen a fair amount of them, they are doing just fine on the scoreboards.

Cause is not FOTM anymore. And the "fingerless" are complaining about nerf of Pyros, cause they can't spam anymore Flameburst and Railshot and do "OMG AMAZING DPS". These noobs should try AP that works even better now :cool:

This is probably it.

Edited by islander

I think its funny how a lot of people call the PT pyro a FOTM. That class has not seen any changes since 1.2, a year ago. That's when TD and IM went from 30 meters to 10. So shouldn't it be called FOTY? LULZ. But wait! Smash monkeys came after 1.2, so did stun bubblers, oh and the flood of Sniper/ Poo slingers last Sept.

If you're going to call pyro's FOTM, please define what you mean by that. ;)

people came and left....thats what usually happens when your donkey team is losing lol. Maybe I was exaggerating.

And powertechs need DPS to make up for their horrible defensive cooldowns

people came and left....thats what usually happens when your donkey team is losing lol. Maybe I was exaggerating.

And powertechs need DPS to make up for their horrible defensive cooldowns

This is fair. I didn't believe it until I leveled one. Holy crap, compared to the sith warrior it's downright sad.

I think its funny how a lot of people call the PT pyro a FOTM. That class has not seen any changes since 1.2, a year ago. That's when TD and IM went from 30 meters to 10. So shouldn't it be called FOTY? LULZ. But wait! Smash monkeys came after 1.2, so did stun bubblers, oh and the flood of Sniper/ Poo slingers last Sept.

If you're going to call pyro's FOTM, please define what you mean by that. ;)

Please tell me you don't play a PT since you obviously don't even know when changes to the class occurred.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.4.0/terror-beyond

That's when the range nerf was introduced. End of September, in patch 1.4 not 1.2

And yes, PT has been FOTM for nearly forever, esp when they could electro dart from 30m away and grapple in snipers from cover that way (the class that was supposed to hard counter them), blast people with IM/ED(TD)/RS from 30m away and have their ridiculous snare on flame burst that was finally cut down so it wasn't like you were running through swampland when trying to kite one. And that *nerf* was balanced out with the fact that ED/TD were no longer on separate cooldowns, so it was possible to do massive burst damage every 15 seconds. :rolleyes:

Maybe they went a little far on the nerf bat to PT's but even trying to act like they weren't top of the food chain or at least in contention for that spot since the game's release is laughable.

I've finally been leveling mine some again, but my stance on this class still stands for the dps specs, it's boring, but to each their own. I've been playing mainly as a tank, which I find a little more interesting and viable now. Have they gone too far on the nerfs? It's hard to say until things settle down more in my opinion. Everything is so chaotic atm.

I have a sniper and pt I play, I've not gotten my Sniper to 55 yet (only 52) but i've been doing Warfronts on my Pt.

I played a Pyrotech for the longest time before going to other games, and I was in a guild that ran basically pyrotech's because they were incredibly powerful on burst.

I can't tell you how their damage is now... Mainly because I'm doing Shieldtech now, but i can tell you having played one if they cut CGC damage in half, and TD's damage in half, the class won't be that great for PvP anymore.

It was really a burst heavy class, That is what it did well....If they removed the burst you have no reason to run it.

AP won't get run because while it has good substained damage, it also lacks burst of note as well.

As for shield tech, I find basically I can take a lot of damage if my Cooldowns are up, but i won't kill anyone 1v1 with the class.... Basically i'm a Guard Bot who spams Flamesweep cause that's really all i can do.

Wither they were OP or not before (they weren't) they are completely useless now. I played PT dps for month, but when you take down the class overall damage by approximately 25%, and reducing the burst by 50%, the class is not viable for PvP or PvE. Currently PT stands lasts amount classes in both damage output and survivability. I played approximately 50-60 WZ games including several games on my PT at lvl 55. I have not seen a bounty hunter lead a WZ in damage or healing yet (that includes mercs as well).

Did you seriously say that as a sentinel.... Lmao! You probably are one of the smash monkeys... Taking about PT... Lulz.

Please tell me you don't play a PT since you obviously don't even know when changes to the class occurred.

That's when the range nerf was introduced. End of September, in patch 1.4 not 1.2

And yes, PT has been FOTM for nearly forever, esp when they could electro dart from 30m away and grapple in snipers from cover that way (the class that was supposed to hard counter them), blast people with IM/ED(TD)/RS from 30m away and have their ridiculous snare on flame burst that was finally cut down so it wasn't like you were running through swampland when trying to kite one. And that *nerf* was balanced out with the fact that ED/TD were no longer on separate cooldowns, so it was possible to do massive burst damage every 15 seconds. :rolleyes:

Maybe they went a little far on the nerf bat to PT's but even trying to act like they weren't top of the food chain or at least in contention for that spot since the game's release is laughable.

And yet that was changed with 1.2 and rightfully so. But the nerf bat did go too far this time in my opinion.

Pre 2.0 PT/VG had high burst with low survivability.

2.0 they have no burst in comparison with about same survivability, perhaps slightly more utility.

I don't get why very one is crying about the nerf so much though. I can still pull top or at least top three dps on my VG going into tactics, assault, or a mixture of both.

The nerf is not *that* bad. But it hurts :p especially when compared to other classes buffs.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

I was talking tongue in cheek, guess you missed that huh, but your condescending attitude is greatly appreciated. Next time I will supply a complete dissertation with references just to satisfy your OCD. So what I misspoke and said the 30 meter range adjustment was at 1.2 and not 1.4. Whatever. lulz. So obviously because of my error I know nothing of the class and I am the quintessential baddie, domed to perish by my own incompetent awareness of something so meaningful and life changing as a game.

The point I was making, that you slipped over because you wanted to jump on a mistake that I made, very considerate of you by the way, was that calling PT pyros FOTM - which they have been labeled since 1.2 is really silly. Every time I see a fotm comment I have to laugh at the person who is trying to put down the class as 'easy mode'. instead of L2P how about we try a new exercise, how about Play For Fun. PFF baby pff.

AP was nerfed. it does about the same dmg now as it did pre-patch, but now we're 5 levels higher in dmg magnitude on every other abil in the game. in other words, it did not scale.

This is fair. I didn't believe it until I leveled one. Holy crap, compared to the sith warrior it's downright sad.

warriors have the most effective melee dcds in the game. maras/sents have especially good survivability considering their armor class and lack of a tank tree. compare a mara's survivability to that of a concealment op's. the latter is a joke. deception has traditionally had poor survivability, at least in head to head, sustained engagements. they seem to do enough burst dmg, however, to make their dcds work. (can't comment on madness, and darkness is a tank, so their survivability is naturally high). anyway, my point is that for a class that's always "in the mix," mara/sents have extremely effective cc's. I'm not calling it op. just...look at what other melee and hybrid (deception uses a fair share of 10m attacks too) classes have. and as you say, PTs have always had relatively poor dcds.

I dislike what they did with adrenaline rush. might just be me, though. I want it to tick when I click it.