Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Keybinders vs Clickers

Lordmird

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keybinder,

its faster. (i have a naga) aswell as my keyboard, so more buttons are readily available.

I can combo a number of different abilities quickly together, however it doesnt have to be say button 1-2-3 on a quickbar, it could be 1 on qb1 7 on qb3 6 on qb 4 etc. I like having them all around the edges of my screen so I can have a better visual of whats happening.

say you had maul and shock as quick bar 1 button 4 and 5 on the left hand side of your window, but electrocute was on the right hand side down the bottom.

pressing maul and shock straight after each other would be simple for a clicker, but if I needed to say maul and electrocute, it would distract my view from the screen and where my enemy is by having to watch my mouse from one side of the screen to the other.

Basically keybinders get access to more abilities quicker.

Just out of curiosity, I want to know who uses which.

So..... State whether you're a clicker or a keybinder (During PVP) and why?

I can do both with the same outcome at the end of a WZ. Not sure if its because I have a bad ***** mouse but I can hit a cast just as quick as I do when i'm using my key binds. I started pvping using key binds in 1.1..I tried the other way out of boredom not to long ago. :p

Just out of curiosity, I want to know who uses which.

So..... State whether you're a clicker or a keybinder (During PVP) and why?

keybinder. Don't have the time to stand still or backpedal while clicking buttons during fights.

When I first started playing this game, some abilities weren't bound to any specific keys, so I would click them or not use them at all. As I started pvping, I made an effort to get Every ability (except useless ones like tumult) bound to some key, then get into the habit of using them at the right times. Once I got it down on my main class, I kept the same basic key bindings on every other class for similar abilities, i.e., same key for interrupt, healthpack, adrenal, stun, mez, instant attack, 3 sec channeled attack, 2 sec activated attack, etc. It's made it infinitely more easy for me to adapt to different classes, if 5-10 of the abilities are basically the same across classes, function/utility wise.

Every so often when I switch from pve raids back to pvp without moving pvp healthpacks, I do find myself clicking a pvp healthpack, and usually dying in the process. That can be annoying, but my fault for not checking.

Premades might have more clickers/backpedalers, just because if they get focused, they can yell out on vent and their teammates can respond and cover them, but even then.....premade of clickers/backpedalers? I'm sure they exist, but, lol....

keybinder,

its faster. (i have a naga) aswell as my keyboard, so more buttons are readily available.

I can combo a number of different abilities quickly together, however it doesnt have to be say button 1-2-3 on a quickbar, it could be 1 on qb1 7 on qb3 6 on qb 4 etc. I like having them all around the edges of my screen so I can have a better visual of whats happening.

say you had maul and shock as quick bar 1 button 4 and 5 on the left hand side of your window, but electrocute was on the right hand side down the bottom.

pressing maul and shock straight after each other would be simple for a clicker, but if I needed to say maul and electrocute, it would distract my view from the screen and where my enemy is by having to watch my mouse from one side of the screen to the other.

Basically keybinders get access to more abilities quicker.

:p I guess everyone doesn't have a 42' screen right in front of them. I wasn't just as quick right away but i was able to pick it up after a few wzs. peripheral ftw :p I went back to my key binds though because I used them for so long.

Neither. I use a steering wheel and stick shift for movement. I use three pedals under the desk for abilities, with CTRL and Shift modifiers.

My rotation is:

Gas Pedal

Shift + Gas Pedal

Clutch

CTRL + Brake

Clutch

Shift+ Brake

Then I drop it down to 4th gear and double clutch -> shift + gas pedal.

JK I use keyboard like everyone else who is gonna answer this thread

Neither. I use a steering wheel and stick shift for movement. I use three pedals under the desk for abilities, with CTRL and Shift modifiers.

My rotation is:

Gas Pedal

Shift + Gas Pedal

Clutch

CTRL + Brake

Clutch

Shift+ Brake

lmao!

okay, that was funny.:D

On a serious note, I have heard that there are players that play this game with an xbox controller though.

My rotation is:

Gas Pedal

Shift + Gas Pedal

Clutch

CTRL + Brake

Clutch

Shift+ Brake

Haha. Nice.

And yes, the post above me, I am one of those players.

Keybinder... although I was a clicker a few years ago. I think the last game I clicked on stuff was LotRO. :D

Currently I use G13 for a gamepad, just love the thumbstick for movement... and MMO7 for a mouse. The mouse is amazing but I've gone through a few already, I wish they made them sturdier.

My rotation is:

Gas Pedal

Shift + Gas Pedal

Clutch

CTRL + Brake

Clutch

Shift+ Brake

I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure out how that would possible work. thank you for the lols

I hybrid. I use both my index fingers as my thumbs to switch between both click and key bound. so far, I have yet to meet someone who has complained about my performance (except the person who I just thrashed :D )

That said, I set up my keys responsibility, and not as the computer/leveling experience dictates

Keybinder.

I am a weird one though, I will explain!

e = forward

w = strafe left

r = strafe right

I turn with my mouse, so I always am moving.

binds for moves for rotation are 3, q, a, f, v, c, shift+space, mouse 1, mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down, mouse 2, mouse 3, spacebar (which I bind jump to b).

I also use shift x, c, v, for heals, trans, awe.

I think that's about it, if I remember I will edit!... :w_embarrass:

ps. This is just for my main, I have more binds with my sage. :o

Edited by Caeliux

But I do know of two excellent players that click, it still strikes me as super odd but they are able to perform at elite levels while clicking.

Cause they spam moves I assume, when it comes to classes that actually need binds to perform fast combinations then clicking wouldn't be as fluent as a keybound player.

Maybe I am being biased and its no pun intended, but I don't see how clicking could be more elite or even considered elite to a keybound player.

Edited by Caeliux

I bound all of my movement and camera control preferences to my keyboard.

I've also bound all of my important combat abilities to my mouse - shift + ctrl + alt + click is tracer missile, and shift + ctrl + alt + other click is throw the huttball.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.