A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

Smackethdown

Laugh it up, smashmonkeys. It's you pvp twinks that come in, and scream bloody freaking murder about everything under the sun.

Too much expertise.

Not enough expertise.

Bubble is too much.

Bring back my bubble.

Smash is OP.

Smash got nerfed!

And now... I want credits, for doing nothing but being a one button hero for a 5 minute pvp match.

This game isn't built around you. Why don't you all go play some CoD or something, and let SW be SW.

The game died when they started catering to you lot.

Irrelevant. Talkin' 'bout creds.

Another bump. Ty

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess no one notices you only make like 8k cred for a daily at 55. You're right I'm rolling in the dough over here.

1) Reroll cybertech and get the top level augs

2) ???

3) Profit.

Do the mats just appear? Oh you need to PvE for them. No thanks. Missing the point at hand again.

We don't want to PvE. Sending my companion on a mission also costs as much as I make in a 15 minute WZ. The balance isn't here so don't bother trying to defend it.

Do the mats just appear? Oh you need to PvE for them. No thanks. Missing the point at hand again.

They quite literally do should you send your companions to get them for you. And please don't say "That costs money", that's stupid. Of course it does, you're paying for the convenience to not have to farm, and I love it. Plus you spend to make money.

Last note, I don't consider farming mats to be PvE'ing. You farm comms, you can farm mats too.

We don't want to PvE. Sending my companion on a mission also costs as much as I make in a 15 minute WZ. The balance isn't here so don't bother trying to defend it.

no, you invest credits doing crew missions (or bying cheap mats on GTN) , craft, sell on GTN.

or, do augments and mk-9 kits your self. it's really not that expensive to make.

unless doing crew missions is to challenging for pvp die hard.

no, you invest credits doing crew missions (or bying cheap mats on GTN) , craft, sell on GTN.

or, do augments and mk-9 kits your self. it's really not that expensive to make.

unless doing crew missions is to challenging for pvp die hard.

OOOH OK. SOrry that us "Lazy PvP'ers" don't have time for this because we are grinding gear for all hours we have to play.

If I only had to raid once a week and do an hour of dailies the free time would not be an issue.

Also, let's not act like all PvE players have to do this. They can make enough credits thru raids, a few FP's and dailes to keep them going fine. All in much less time then we spend in WZ's.

Also, let's not act like all PvE players have to do this. They can make enough credits thru raids, a few FP's and dailes to keep them going fine. All in much less time then we spend in WZ's.

1) You're the definition of a lazy PvP'er.

2) I haven't ran a FP, OP or a quest outside of my 55 grind and while waiting for WZ's to pop. But I can still sell my stims/adrenals for a sh*t ton on the GTN because I'm not an idiot.

3) "Die-hard PvP" means you will do what it takes to have the best gear and skill. So you fail by this metric.

OOOH OK. SOrry that us "Lazy PvP'ers" don't have time for this because we are grinding gear for all hours we have to play.

If I only had to raid once a week and do an hour of dailies the free time would not be an issue.

you actually lose money on raids, wipes and repair costs are sky rocket.

1 little thing goes wrong and whole 'income' from operation is gone.

only flashpoint that takes under 15 minutes is battle of Ilum, BT HM is about 17 minutes if team moves fast. and if you do a 'quicky' you don't collect to many drops either.

while shortest HB will take 3 minutes

only valid point on money is dalies, which has been suggested to you over and over.

also, sending companions on crew missions and scouting GTN for cheap mats between WZ won't take so much of your precius time.

Before any of your posts, put the shoe on the other foot. You aren't PvP'ers so go post about your issues that you actually know about.

Once again, we need more credits thru PvP activity.

for last 4 months before launch of 2.0 I was doing nothing but pvp. amount of money is fine.

Edited by Atramar

You don't need to split your time up though. When you send your companions off on a mission to gather or create items, they simply have a timer ticking down on the Crew Skills menu (hotkey: N)

You can enjoy all the benefits of gathering materials and creating items without having to reduce your PVP play. Your crew will do all these things, while you PVP!

Basically, while waiting for PVP queue to pop, send your companions off to gather which ever material you need. Enter and play (and hopefully, win!) your PVP match. Come out, you have your materials/items ready for you :D

/simples

Edit: Then, either use or sell your items at the GTN. Takes 5 minutes to pop them in the GTN, roughly the same time you wait for your PVP match to start

Edited by chimex

1) You're the definition of a lazy PvP'er.

2) I haven't ran a FP, OP or a quest outside of my 55 grind and while waiting for WZ's to pop. But I can still sell my stims/adrenals for a sh*t ton on the GTN because I'm not an idiot.

3) "Die-hard PvP" means you will do what it takes to have the best gear and skill. So you fail by this metric.

You're still missing the point.

The point is a PvE player can run crew skills and craft things as well. Every one can. However if me and my PvE centric friend were to sign on our characters at the same time and for the sake of simplicity they both have the same crew skills and schematics. Now we both play for 4 hours. In that 4 hours we both farm the same amount of mats and craft and sell the same things for the same price. The only difference is he does PvE dailies and a couple of FP's with no wipes (The content is pretty easy, most people don't do progression raiding everyday) and I just do WZ's for the 4 hours. Who is going to have more creds at the end?

Not a single person on this forum will say the PvP player. Not a single one. That is the problem. We all have the same alternatives to make credits. I say alternative because if I wanted to become a businessman and mess with the GTN all day I would play Eve. I play this game to fight other players and occasionally do a PvE encounter. I can understand we don't make as much since we don't really have a repair bill (which we would have if we did dailies and FP's for creds) but when we are making 10x less than PvE players for putting in the asme amount of time that is bogus.

You don't need to split your time up though. When you send your companions off on a mission to gather or create items, they simply have a timer ticking down on the Crew Skills menu (hotkey: N)

You can enjoy all the benefits of gathering materials and creating items without having to reduce your PVP play. Your crew will do all these things, while you PVP!

Basically, while waiting for PVP queue to pop, send your companions off to gather which ever material you need. Enter and play (and hopefully, win!) your PVP match. Come out, you have your materials/items ready for you :D

/simples

Edit: Then, either use or sell your items at the GTN. Takes 5 minutes to pop them in the GTN, roughly the same time you wait for your PVP match to start

I appreciate the positive feedback.

I do have my companions going full time. This still is not the point at hand. PvE players also do this, on top of their other resource income. We do not have sufficient credit supply though PvP activity.

They made mods available with comms and personally I love that. I was never able to afford them last patch. I wouldn't mind seeing Aug slots and Augs available this way as well. Maybe then the PvE'ers can come PvP for their items. Hmm.

@Capt_Beers: if you put it that way.. if you both make same money on GTN but PVE friend is out crediting you on daily missions grind, but at same time, you can exchange all WZ comms on medpacks and sell.

with good GTN business rotation you can make 2kk a day doing mk-9, it's a lot lot more then just doing dailies for 4 hours (which can bore you to death after 2 weeks , while doing warzones 8 hours a day can still be fun after 3 months)

again, pve has nothign to do with it. real money are made on market, not on drops.

Edited by Atramar

You're still missing the point.

The point is a PvE player can run crew skills and craft things as well. Every one can. However if me and my PvE centric friend were to sign on our characters at the same time and for the sake of simplicity they both have the same crew skills and schematics. Now we both play for 4 hours. In that 4 hours we both farm the same amount of mats and craft and sell the same things for the same price. The only difference is he does PvE dailies and a couple of FP's with no wipes (The content is pretty easy, most people don't do progression raiding everyday) and I just do WZ's for the 4 hours. Who is going to have more creds at the end?

Not a single person on this forum will say the PvP player. Not a single one. That is the problem. We all have the same alternatives to make credits. I say alternative because if I wanted to become a businessman and mess with the GTN all day I would play Eve. I play this game to fight other players and occasionally do a PvE encounter. I can understand we don't make as much since we don't really have a repair bill (which we would have if we did dailies and FP's for creds) but when we are making 10x less than PvE players for putting in the asme amount of time that is bogus.

The argument is flawed because if you're going to farm mats for four hours why wouldn't you complete the dailies that are LITERALLY right there?

Today I did nothing but que for wz's. I managed to farm about 100k+ worth in biochem mats and completed seven dailies on makeb, not to mention the pvp daily.

He wants to sit on the fleet and collect creds. That's my problem, because I can make as much as a PvE'er in any sense of the matter while still PvP'ing.

I killed an elite mob on Makeb today. It droped about 1000 credits.

Later in a warzone I killed a Marauder. I had to use adrenal and medpack. I earned about 100 coms in that warzone so the 1/5 of my earning went to a single fight.

And that SOB Marauder droped nothing!

Bioware must fix the drop rate of Marauders asap!

Edited by Fearine

Yeah. You want augs. Augs aren't sold by PvP vendor. I guess you need to stop the QQ, man up, and go earn your credits.

But no. You pvp lot are asking for yet another handout.

Whiners.

PvE'rs talking about handouts- hilarious.

PvE'rs get credits galore, commendations, and in a two hour operation a high chance of getting at least one upgrade. It takes four or five times as much time pvping to get the same level of gear as a pve'r gets. Furthermore- PvE'rs get the luxury of being able to chose the difficulty they face- pvp'rs end up facing fully geared premades, the equiv of a nightmare op, even if they're in the worst gear possible.

This game has bent over backwards for PvE'rs, and don't talk about whining pvp'rs- you put in one quest that makes you go into the Tatooine pvp area and all of you little babies start crying like its the end of the world 'oh, I'm a pve'r, I shouldn't be forced to pvp ever, waaaaaaahhh I might have to fight someone'. You can't handle a few moments of pvp- but are going to say pvpers should be forced to pve for hours each week? Longer now actually since pve gear is better than pvp gear in WZs.

Ya, go enjoy your ez mode scripted fights and the welfare gear for nothing you get from it kid, nobody's interested in what you have to say.

Once again the basis of this thread is still the issue.

There are not enough credits available for PvP'ers thru PvP activity

Saying to go quest or get creds thru crew skills and the GTN are nice and all but that still doesn't move the balance. Those options are available to everyone and enjoyed only by the PvE community. I do believe this thread is in the PvP section of the Forum.

We, as PvP'ers, want an alternative, an equal, a viable, PVP way to make credits. It's really not much to ask for and it honestly does not affect the PvE community in any way.

EDIT: I guess it would effect them in one way. They will make more credits from their ridiculous GTN prices when we have enough creds to purchase more. Sooo why the QQ :rak_02:

Edited by Smackethdown

The argument is flawed because if you're going to farm mats for four hours why wouldn't you complete the dailies that are LITERALLY right there?

Today I did nothing but que for wz's. I managed to farm about 100k+ worth in biochem mats and completed seven dailies on makeb, not to mention the pvp daily.

He wants to sit on the fleet and collect creds. That's my problem, because I can make as much as a PvE'er in any sense of the matter while still PvP'ing.

So you completed PvE missions? To make extra credits you can't make while completing WZ's?

No one is addressing anything I have said. You keep deflecting and saying "Oh well sell things on the GTN blah blah blah." My point is everyone can do that. Whether you PvP or PvE you can run comp missions and sell whatever the end results may be, whether the mats themselves or crafted items that result.

The simple fact is for a 15 minute WZ you earn substantially less from 15 minutes of PvE. This is indisputable. I am not asking to be making 12k a WZ. I am just asking for an increase that makes it so when I need a new augment I don't have to go to dailies or wander around a planet picking up crap I find on the ground.

I mean just look at our daily/weekly situation. There are PvPers at the moment that have no PvP quests that they can do. None. How many daily quests can PvE players do? If there were more dailies that awarded only credits/medpacks for PvP players that would be great.

I am not saying it is impossible to make credits in this game. But there are far more ways that are palatable for a player who prefers PvE than there is for a one who prefers PvP.

I do not ever have enough credits. Plain and simple.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVE. I have paid for this game and I should not have to.

Then you will be broke. Plain and simple.

PvE provides income, that's all there is to it. You sound like you want some form of MMO welfare because you don't want to "work" to gain credits, you just want credits handed to you. You can easily gain near a million credits just by doing all the planetary daily missions. If that's not your cup of tea, then play the GTN or take up crafting.

As with all MMOs, earning credits is not difficult in SWTOR.

Then you will be broke. Plain and simple.

PvE provides income, that's all there is to it. You sound like you want some form of MMO welfare because you don't want to "work" to gain credits, you just want credits handed to you. You can easily gain near a million credits just by doing all the planetary daily missions. If that's not your cup of tea, then play the GTN or take up crafting.

As with all MMOs, earning credits is not difficult in SWTOR.

I don't understand this post at all.

So while I'm PvPing I'm being a shiftless lay about but if I go to Makeb and pick up 10 macguffins I'm a hard working player deserving of my credits?

My cup of tea as you put it is PvP. Some people's cup of tea is PvE and they can earn their credits and have their tea so to speak. Why can't I do the same?

Edited by Capt_Beers

So you completed PvE missions? To make extra credits you can't make while completing WZ's?

The simple fact is for a 15 minute WZ you earn substantially less from 15 minutes of PvE. This is indisputable.

I am not saying it is impossible to make credits in this game. But there are far more ways that are palatable for a player who prefers PvE than there is for a one who prefers PvP.

As a "Die Hard PvP'er" I'm not allowed by some divine presence to fill in the 5-10 minute que times with something productive? That is my argument. He wants to sit on fleet and collect piles of credits for being afk.

15 minutes of PvE would get you about, IDK 16-20k credits for 2 dailies if you work that fast. This, versus the 6400~ credits an average WZ gives. So, every hour you will make an extra 20-60k credits compared to a 'pure' PvP'er(If the PvP'er actually runs dailies while hes waiting for pops). The epic augs run for 350k a piece, for example. The amount of money that they make is different, PvE can make more. This isn't what you call "Substantial" compared to the expense of the items the OP is talking about. He wants to aug all his 55 gear? An extra 40k an hour still means he will wait for quite a while.

But if he sells stack of stims on the GTN, he can cut that time by greater than half. Just saying PvE=/=Crafting money-wise.

I also underlined "Prefers PvP". I prefer PvP, but I can still get my characters *** off fleet and do something.

Edited by Skylarc
For the lulz

There is no money for lazy people. period.

So, why all the QQ?

Define lazy, please. How can anyone playing a game be graded on their ambition to work. You are sitting in a chair pushing buttons. So if that is all we have to go by then when I am PvPing the entire time I am on I would have to say I am far less lazy then the people standing in Fleet all day.

BUT once again another irrelevant post from a PvE fan boy who has no room to comment here. If less people like you played the game and understood all parts, they would know this is more then a valid issue.