A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

Smackethdown

Now, i know that pvpers don't know a lot about pve, that's in their nature, but try to put a bit of thought when posting.

A pve player needs more credits that a pvp one, not cause he dies in heroics, that's actually really rare, but because of HM flashpoints and operation, which can cause easily those 200k credits in repairs if you are in a progression guild. Doing top end RWZ all night costs what? 20k for a stim?

Also, may i remind you that in your trolling you are still way OT?

Edited by Spoletta

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, i know that pvpers don't know a lot about pve, that's in their nature, but try to put a bit of thought when posting.

A pve player needs more credits that a pvp one, not cause he dies in heroics, that's actually really rare, but because of HM flashpoints and operation, which can cause easily those 200k credits in repairs if you are in a progression guild. Doing top end RWZ all night costs what? 20k for a stim?

Get good.

Fact of the matter is, to be truly competetive in PvP you need augs etc, and to get those you need credits, to get credits you can't rely on PvP, so you have to rely on PvE.

Now the problem lies in the fact that to be competetive in PvP you rely on playing PvE even if you would prefer not to, while if you want to play PvE, you can disregard PvP entirely. Just imagine the fecal storm of whine you would see coming from PvE heroes, if the roles were reversed.

No matter how you spin this, the fact that you get so little credits out of solely PvP makes no sense.

Thats why you are broke.

Too bad, stay broke then.

Do daily's and weekly's and make money, or suffer being broke.

It's that simple.

Or you could make alts, make crafting classes, and use the market.

Either way work is involved on your end.

^This

I am a die hard PvPer as well and I too want all the extra mods, etc for my gear and that takes credits which are easy to get just by doing dailies. And my gawd there are a ton of them now to do.

So get off your butt and go do them!

One question? Are you a Obama supporter?

Fact of the matter is, to be truly competetive in PvP you need augs etc, and to get those you need credits, to get credits you can't rely on PvP, so you have to rely on PvE.

Now the problem lies in the fact that to be competetive in PvP you rely on playing PvE even if you would prefer not to, while if you want to play PvE, you can disregard PvP entirely. Just imagine the fecal storm of whine you would see coming from PvE heroes, if the roles were reversed.

No matter how you spin this, the fact that you get so little credits out of solely PvP makes no sense.

Actually PVP relics were BIS for pve last pre expansion for quite awhile, for several classes.

^This

I am a die hard PvPer as well and I too want all the extra mods, etc for my gear and that takes credits which are easy to get just by doing dailies. And my gawd there are a ton of them now to do.

Don't tell me what to do.

/cheers

EDIT: Obama is the best thing to happen to your country.

Edited by Scotland

^This

I would do a bunch of dailies, but I am busy PvPing.

OP- I want to be able to be viable in pvp, just by pvping.

PVErs- No, you have to pve

Anyone- ok, let's make it so to be able to finish operations, you have to do 5 hours of pvp every week

PVErs- But I don't wanna pvp, I just wanna pve, that'd suck!

Proof- they put in 1 in a million quests that require you to go into the Tatooine pvp area, or have a few optional pvp quests on Ilum for rep- pve community goes ******* wild about what amounts to a few minutes of inconvenience where they might have to fight someone.

What I really don't understand is why anyone would be opposed to PvPers making some more creds from PvP matches. I mean all it means is less competition for nodes in daily areas and less players in PvP gear in Ops and FP's. That's it.

I'd still like to see someone comment on the math I did in my previoous post. The one where it showed I would have to do about 60 hours of WZ's to earn the same amount of credits as 6 hours of PvE.

There really is no logical reasoning behind anyone being against people wanting to make more money through PvP matches. I'm a casual PvP'er and it always gets me how low the amount of credits you receive at the end of the match, even IF you did amazing. I believe having something like earning between 9k-14k credits based on a copious amount of factors should be implemented for winning, then for losing, the credits are reduced. Plain and simple.

you are not 'die hard pvp', you are 'lazy a.. pvper'

can't afford it from GTN, make them your self.

don't have mony for missions? sell WZ medpacks.

you don't have to pve, but don't expect to be milionare by doing few wz a day.

Agree with the OP. The cash imbalance for PvP vs PvE has existed since the start, and really needs to be addressed.

I hate doing PvE. I mean I get *zero* fun from it. But I need to in order to compete in PvP.

So unless PvEers are going to be forced to run warzones, no matter how unfun they find it, I don't see why the warzone cash payment can't be increased somewhat.

Agree with the OP. The cash imbalance for PvP vs PvE has existed since the start, and really needs to be addressed.

I hate doing PvE. I mean I get *zero* fun from it. But I need to in order to compete in PvP.

So unless PvEers are going to be forced to run warzones, no matter how unfun they find it, I don't see why the warzone cash payment can't be increased somewhat.

You need to have credits to compete? You pay nothing for your gear. If you want augs, suck it up, and go make credits.

You pvpers are a bunch of welfare babies.... gimme gimme gimme, but no I won't work for it.

you don't have to repair your gear for dying in a WZ. yeah, PVE is at disadvantage.

Herp

Derp.

Yeah, we should go and work for our creds, just like the PvEers do. Oh wait.

Yeah. You want augs. Augs aren't sold by PvP vendor. I guess you need to stop the QQ, man up, and go earn your credits.

But no. You pvp lot are asking for yet another handout.

Whiners.

Edited by translucentwolf

Thats why you are broke.

Too bad, stay broke then.

Do daily's and weekly's and make money, or suffer being broke.

It's that simple.

Or you could make alts, make crafting classes, and use the market.

Either way work is involved on your end.

I PVP for hours on end. Much more work then questing or any PvE, to be honest. The amount of work and time I put into the game is not the issue. The fact that I have to PvE for PvP is what we are talking about here.

Yeah. You want augs. Augs aren't sold by PvP vendor. I guess you need to stop the QQ, man up, and go earn your credits.

Whiners.

Put yourself in our shoes. You want to to raids but aside from the raids lets say you must go PvP for money to Aug your gear. Let's not even go there because you know it would be an issue.

you are not 'die hard pvp', you are 'lazy a.. pvper'

can't afford it from GTN, make them your self.

don't have mony for missions? sell WZ medpacks.

you don't have to pve, but don't expect to be milionare by doing few wz a day.

I am far from a lazy PvP'er. I am exactly what the thread is labelled. Die-hard. I do nothing but PvP and do it for hours on end. I do sell items that become available from PvP comms. It does not cut it tho.

"mony for missions" l o l

Nice bumb

Whiners.

I'm really hoping at this point you are a bad troll and aren't this dense. What exactly do PvE players do that constitutes as "earning" their credits over PvP players? If you use my definition of playing the game (using your characters abilities and talents to defeat an opponent an achieve a goal) then we are both doing the same thing. Except PvE players are making 10x as many credits.

It's been made very clear by me and by others you get less credits form PvP. So even if I bust my *** and monitor market trends and craft and sell things on the GTN for optimal prices I will still be making far less than a PvE player if he does the same. I could be putting in the same amount of work and yet I'm getting far less from it.

No one is asking for a hand out. You make creds for killing trash which at lvl 55 can mostly be one shotted with an AoE. You get all those credits plus quest turn ins. You have at 25 daily quests that can be turned in. We have one daily and one weekly that have been bugged since 2.0 so some people don't even have those.

I would be fine with more credits for PvP coming from more weekly/daily PvP missions.

Crew skills, you don't even have to leave the fleet to gather the materials. Send companion on gathering mission, they come back x minutes later with goodies, you tell them to make those goodies into shineys, GTN.

Or, you can make your own Augment kits. It's entirely up to you

I have raided in numerous game for numerous years. At my age, most likely longer then you have been playing. I don't PvE because of the amount I have done it.

Once again someone else missing the point. I never said I need as many credits as a PvE player. I said I need enough credits to at least buy something. Augmentation slots are the biggest issue now and have been. They are at a PvE price on the GTN and the vast majority of PvP'ers cannot afford that Price.

If you guys can make 200k from an hour of Dailies, then why can't we have the same option in PvP?