what's left for the lvl 50 char at this point.

warsha

Hi all

Lets me explain what i mean with my post and this new exp.pack means to use all (atleast for me).

1 let me tell im a sub from the start :

the swkotor is expanding is a good thing keeps the game alife .

BUT : what happends to the players didnt / cant buy the exp.pack ??

what's left for them to do ??

the endgame what the sub"s payed from the beginning for has changed there is no pvp endgame anymore ,

the pve endgame lvl50 is changed in a way "i have some time left and i que for FP or OP's" .

its mostly farming commandations nothing more there isnt anyreal gameplay at this lvl.

with the remove of the pve sets (toinose and colum) ppl are getting in a HCrun's or OP's using there

lvling gear .

We all know how ppl react on stuff like that , not even speaking of grp's that want to skip trash or even bosses only to get to the last boss and recive the daily/weekly reward.making it even harder to get some gear and having some fun

stuck on this lvl.

i have 10 50char's loging on them trying to do some hc's or even a op's but the que's are ....................long.

whats left is endless daily farming but basicly without any meaning because there isnt any progress for endgaming at this lvl.

for pvp its the same i like pvp dont get me wrong on that. but to get some kind of reward like we at before (working to a goal) made it more fun.

at this point only left is to play with alts what i have enough off , but there i meet a other problem i have seen every

planet and fpoint so many time 's it becomes boring.

i cant tell what bw needs to do or players want because i dont know i dont even have numbers on how many

ppl are stuck on the lvl50 but what i can imaging that a lot off sub players , f2p players wil take more time off playing

because they did there stuff or dont want to do daily's over and over everytime-day.

speaking for me self , i played 7-8 hours a day and weekends friday til sunday in 1 strait move.

now i play 4 hours the most switching char's because i dont know what i want to do and started playing other games.

for ppl who are in a guild but cant lvl up to 55 what wil happend to them ?

if there is a strong frindship between ppl's not so much but what about the lesser's ?

ppl who raided every 3-4 nights a day cant do that anymore there grp has moved on so you understand things changes in game but also in social .

what beter was with this exp.pack was to leave 50 has a sub endgame a new door step with a min/max gear setup

for entering the new world.

example : in fp's you farm coliumgear (50) and in op's the champion gear (50)

2 sets to farm instead of 1.

: pvp wish keep it to a 50-54 only with a recruit gear and wh/ewh gear has endgame.

: making pvp 10-30 and pvp 30-49 with the new bolster system

: making 55 has the pvp endgame without the bolster using wh/ewh from earlier lvl's

and a new pvp gear has the endgear (dont know what they are called now).

before ppl start to shout about payment and cost of the exp.pack let me make clear im not looking for a free pass

into mabek or trying to force something i can pay for the exp.pack me self .

BUT im in a place that i cant use the paymethode BW provides

- dont have paypal

-dont have a credit card

-or any other payment bw asking for

i dont want to get forced into using stuff like that anyway ( can imagine more ppl have this problem )

i play wow also and some other games who are sub and ALWAYS pay with timecards.

in wow we have the freegame updates or disk game updates ( i know i know wow cost alot but you get a lot )

so i really hope bw can change something that ppl who want to play if its on 50 max or move on to 55

have more options in the futher.

already made a ticket about a idee for the gamecard extra use

a 60 days card cost 27 euro's the exp.pack cost 8 euro's

- a option could be exp.pack with 30-35 day of game time

-a option couls be exp.pack and 500 ccoins

-a option could be cc buying

-a option game time (already in working)

-transfer server

-ed.

the use of the gamecard has a extra payment for the game makes things much easier i think more userfriendly

at the end.

if you look at some forums there a lot of ppl who having problems with the payment methode with bw.

the game card can fix this .simple because 1 card can used for dif options and is actived strait away like adding game

time (option right now).

plz keep a openmind when you want to respond i like the game want to play for along time

but with these changes and paymethode's i cant .

i 100% agree with you, they have killed the game for any lvl 50 players, theres nothing else for me to do, i have maxed out warzone comms and dont know what i should do with them, theres nothing of worth to me.

all level 50s get now is what one vendor on the fleet? theres no gear to buy.

i get that the expansion pack is just 6 pounds but it feels as if there just trying to take as much money from you as they can. im starting to concider going f2p or quiting the game all together, theres nothing that makes me want to play anymore.

how about.....you go find a way to buy the expec?

go buy a green dot prepaid card at walgreens /walmart and use that loaded money on a paypal account.

Yeah.. he could also buy an EA card and use that too. They are readily avalable from brick and mortar stores and have been confirmed to work.

Yeah.. he could also buy an EA card and use that too. They are readily avalable from brick and mortar stores and have been confirmed to work.

What can you use the EA cards for? Buy game time ? Cartel coins? Or the expac?

If it is the expac and game time that is good news for me.

What can you use the EA cards for? Buy game time ? Cartel coins? Or the expac?

If it is the expac and game time that is good news for me.

While I have personally not used one... I have seen posts in the forum confirming EA Card use for subscription time, the ExPac, and cartel coins.

Edited by Andryah

While I have personally not used one... I have seen posts in the forum confirming EA Card use for subscription time, the ExPac, and cartel coins.

Are they us only as ive not seen them in the uk, i did hear a rumor there are pets tied to these but as far as im aware thats all it is, a rumor.

Are they us only as ive not seen them in the uk, i did hear a rumor there are pets tied to these but as far as im aware thats all it is, a rumor.

The pets are tied to the Cartel Coin cards....not Game Time or EA cards.

Edited by JimG

Are they us only as ive not seen them in the uk

EA Cards.... not sure.. I defer to EU folks to comment on that.

i did hear a rumor there are pets tied to these but as far as im aware thats all it is, a rumor.

That was Cartel Coin Cards. Still a rare and awkward commodity in the US... not sure about EU.

the swkotor is expanding is a good thing keeps the game alife .

BUT : what happends to the players didnt / cant buy the exp.pack ??

what's left for them to do ??.

As with every other MMO you are left to do the content that was already in the game before RotHC.

You can run ops and FPs and you can gear up in the new level 50 gear. You can work on achievements.

It's pretty much get the expansion or quit once you have been through all the class stories and have multiple 50s.

I imagine once the shiny wears off RotHC and sells drop. BW/EA will offer up an option on how to get the expansion through CC's or just release the expansion for free somewhere down the road. Most likely CC's.

I guess they could keep it locked until you bought the expansion with cash but they would run the risk of losing potential subs by doing so. I don't see that working well in a freemium game. If it was pure subscription like WoW, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

OP you make no sense.

At level 50 you still have the same flash points and you still have 3 operations. All you lost at level 50 is one operation. The rest is still there. In fact it drops better gear now so you can get BH and Dread Gear, which is interesting because you would have a great starting point with that gear if you did buy the expansion at some point.

Now, you mention people who can't buy the expansion but it's not that expensive really. If you can afford a sub, this only cost 8-10 bucks and if you dont have a sub you have to pay separate for endgame anyways, so it would cost you more than a sub.

So all in all, you made a big old post that is completely baseless in my opinion.

If it feels a bit stagnant, you're right. The expansion is the way forward. That's where the new stuff is.

OP you make no sense.

At level 50 you still have the same flash points and you still have 3 operations. All you lost at level 50 is one operation. The rest is still there. In fact it drops better gear now so you can get BH and Dread Gear, which is interesting because you would have a great starting point with that gear if you did buy the expansion at some point.

Now, you mention people who can't buy the expansion but it's not that expensive really. If you can afford a sub, this only cost 8-10 bucks and if you dont have a sub you have to pay separate for endgame anyways, so it would cost you more than a sub.

So all in all, you made a big old post that is completely baseless in my opinion.

If it feels a bit stagnant, you're right. The expansion is the way forward. That's where the new stuff is.

And if it's because they are too young to have a credit card, they can always get the visa or mastercard gift cards sold at Wal-Mart and Target.

I hate to break it to you, but there's even less to do at 55.

Where you had previously ~10 HMs to play with, you now have 4.

Where you had 4 Ops to run, you now have 1+1 recycled.

So you can do, what other 55s are doing - have fun with some some dailies on one toon, run any FP (50) on another and have a good time revisiting OPs without ever caring about gear anymore.

That's about it.

They've given away the 1-50 content for free and anyone can still play all that and each class story for free.

It likely should have been assumed by everyone they gave away all this for free because they had a paid expansion in the works, and if people want to experience that, they have to pay for it.

I hate to break it to you, but there's even less to do at 55.

Where you had previously ~10 HMs to play with, you now have 4.

Where you had 4 Ops to run, you now have 1+1 recycled.

So you can do, what other 55s are doing - have fun with some some dailies on one toon, run any FP (50) on another and have a good time revisiting OPs without ever caring about gear anymore.

That's about it.

Don't forget you can enjoy yourself with seeker droid for hours. Is that not enough for ya?

My concern is for the future patches... will those introduce content only for the level 55 crowd? That would mean that they are going to deliver new content only to the expansion buyers, or am I missing something? (This is my first MMO, and I don't know how expansions usually work):rak_02:

edit: I forgot to add that I have the expansion (I'm just empathetic :D )

Edited by FeniceNera

i 100% agree with you, they have killed the game for any lvl 50 players, theres nothing else for me to do, i have maxed out warzone comms and dont know what i should do with them, theres nothing of worth to me.

all level 50s get now is what one vendor on the fleet? theres no gear to buy.

i get that the expansion pack is just 6 pounds but it feels as if there just trying to take as much money from you as they can. im starting to concider going f2p or quiting the game all together, theres nothing that makes me want to play anymore.

This is a pay to play game, if you don't want to pay then you don't get to play....kind of sort of. Thanks for joining us, and I hope that BW creates something that you will want to pay to play.

My concern is for the future patches... will those introduce content only for the level 55 crowd? That would mean that they are going to deliver new content only to the expansion buyers, or am I missing something? (This is my first MMO, and I don't know how expansions usually work)

This is my first MMO too and offer my opinion. Short answer is yes, long answer is yes with a perhaps. Even more so if they offer a discount to F2P'ers and Preferred account holders. BW's main goal (or should be the emphasis) is to retain subscribers, even if this is 'recycled/already done' materiel, if it keeps us happy and paying then that materiel should be aimed at us as a whole. The second goal is to gain new subscribers, be that through new content, gear, play styles, or even making you buy the X-Pac, or a combination. Perhaps, at some point, way down the road they will open up 55 to non subscribers and or non X-Pac buyers, heck it might even be 60 or 70, by then, who knows? Let's face it, if you subscribe and don't buy the X-Pac, then why are paying? Does this mean you have a right to QQ on the forums? Yes. Do you have the right to content that people paid for? No. Is basic microeconomics lost on most people?

Edited by Joshthecook
add on