Bolster is still broken

XtheYeti

I just was in a level 55 warzone. My fully augmented elite war hero gear gives me 1536 expertise. My fully augmented Dread Guard gear gives me 1995. Bioware/EA. Suck it. You incompetent *******. I'm un-subbing, and waiting for Elder Scrolls Online.

Unsubscribing is pretty much the only answer they know and I'm sure they are going to have a lot of people doing so. Today's patch was their last chance to fix it and they just messed it up even more so I'm right there with you on unsubscribing. Edited by Raansu

Yup Im gone too, they had since PTS to fix the issue and they didnt. Makeb is a boring uninteresting add on thats buggy. I only played this long because of the Star Wars theme, had it been just another sci fi title im sure 80% or more of the people playing would have quit a long time ago.

sooo .. after todays patch, my gear is now worse than it was yesterday .. this is so confusing ..

I have the exact same gear on as i did yesterday, but only now, in WZ, i have 300 less expertise ... I know you removed expertise from EWH and this was supposed to help with bolster? It doesnt appear that it does?

sooo .. after todays patch, my gear is now worse than it was yesterday .. this is so confusing ..

I have the exact same gear on as i did yesterday, but only now, in WZ, i have 300 less expertise ... I know you removed expertise from EWH and this was supposed to help with bolster? It doesnt appear that it does?

But ts ok, cause its just pvp gear. Imagine if you could just roll your old gear into the hardest flashpoints and finish them, and get a new piece of pve gear only to have it give you less stats.

I just was in a level 55 warzone. My fully augmented elite war hero gear gives me 1536 expertise. My fully augmented Dread Guard gear gives me 1995. Bioware/EA. Suck it. You incompetent *******. I'm un-subbing, and waiting for Elder Scrolls Online.

I predict this fool still has expertise crystals in his main/offhand.

I'm really confused about this too. I'm still in lowbie (lvl 53), but after the patch, my expertise dropped precipitously (with relic now) from 2004 to 1665. I have less health than I had bolstered with the same gear (slightly, like 1k) and considerably less health than my 47 rage jugg had (25k). my main stat is 2-3k higher after the patch. I've mentioned this in a few threads now.

my concern is that...isn't 500 exp worth more than 3k aim? and I lost some hp in the trade. I'm not sure how this is a fix. I inspected one other person, and he only had 1772 exp. he was a lvl 51 sage (didn't check exact gear but there was a mix of oranges and blues)

so did exp drop across the board i lowbie? in both 55 and lowbie? or what? I'm on a pyro, so I get torn apart no matter what unless there's a pocket heal.

Hmmm .. Yea, that sounds crazy .. Why would you want expertise in your PvP gear .. Wow, the OP must not understand what expertise does .. :eek:

Clearly, you must not understand it either.

Bolsetr now applies only to non-pvp gear. Pvp gear is any gear with at leas one point of expertise. Therefore, expertise on all pre-55 mods/enhancements/armorings/implants/earpieces was removed. Crystals are entirely different deal, so they had to keep their expertise. But if you have such crystal in your weapon, it's treated as fully pvp piece and not bolstered at all. Same thing applies to pvp relics that couldn't be converted to pve versions - they give only their own stats, so emplty slot bolster is better.

I have Conqueror Mainhand and 4 pieces of Partisan gear. I was spreading out the mods and enhancements over my gear to keep min/maxed as best as possible. I went from 2018 expertise to 993.

Same thing. Mixing pvp mods with non-pvp causes piece of equipment to be treated as pvp piece and thus not bolstered.

Edited by Elear

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of bolster but it is still explotiable and broken, so Im out till it is bug free, among other things that need to be fixed.

Sub loss is the only thing that motivates EA

BW do great story but dont have a clue about PVP or how to balance classes

Unsubscribing is pretty much the only answer they know and I'm sure they are going to have a lot of people doing so. Today's patch was their last chance to fix it and they just messed it up even more so I'm right there with you on unsubscribing.

A lot of people have already done that...thats why this game went F2P lol