[Petition to BW] Remove bolster from 55 and put it back on PTS

Monterone

This is an actual petition and I hope we get a lot of people to sign it.

I am of the opinion that bolster has its place in the 55 bracket, but not ranked. However in this shape, it's too confusing and too buggy. BW also did not let us test the PvP gear on PTS and therefore we have all these issues now.

As a paying subscriber, I do not want to beta test a "complex and expensive bolster system" with my paying account. If you want me to test it for you put it back on PTS and I'll use my copied characters and provide PTS feedback until this is polished.

For now, just remove it from the 55 bracket until the product is polished.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Rob et all. This is a mess... I'm just glad i didn't blow my PvP comms yet...

I was actually going to propose something similar, but a tad more extreme... Shut PvP down entirely and sort this mess out, but...

/signed

Edited by L-RANDLE

Sorry Rob et all. This is a mess... I'm just glad i didn't blow my PvP comms yet...

I was actually going to propose something similar, but a tad more extreme... Shut PvP down entirely and sort this mess out, but...

/signed

Yeah, I think extreme is what they should be thinking too. I'd be in panic mode right now, and the feedback so far has been nothing but negative.

We'll be ok with another downtime guys, take the servers down today and patch the 55 bracket.

I am of the opinion that bolster has its place in the 55 bracket, but not ranked. However in this shape, it's too confusing and too buggy. BW also did not let us test the PvP gear on PTS and therefore we have all these issues now.

As a paying subscriber, I do not want to beta test a "complex and expensive bolster system" with my paying account. If you want me to test it for you put it back on PTS and I'll use my copied characters and provide PTS feedback until this is polished.

They did let you Test pvp gear in the 2.0 testing oh sure they didn't just hand it to you but it was tested by many people if you had put the effort into doing so you would know

Edited by Kaizersan

Given that there's no longer wh/ewh pvp gear with expertise after today, don't even really need the current bolster in under 55 pvp, putting the old system back in, but increasing it to 54 would be better. Yeah, there would be twinks again, but at least there would be some point in upgrading gear 1-54. Right now you can just wear crappy lvl 9 green gear and use it from 10-54 in pvp without issue. There could still be probs with people with recruit gear/battlemaster/older expertise gear, but another patch to remove the expertise from those as well would do the job and remove the need for this 2.0 lolbolster.

Bolster should definitely be removed from 55 pvp for sure though, 10-54 maybe, but not 55. It's way too buggy and they obviously have no intention of fixing it, so easier to just remove it, otherwise you're going to have people gaming the system like they have been, crappy greens pvp, naked pvp, empty shell pvp, etc.

And for those entering 55, new 55 recruit gear, stuff that's just under partisan. That will end all this playing with/exploiting of the current lolbolster system.

It's certainly not about skill right now, it's about how you can exploit the bolster system the most to get better stats over your enemies.

So yes, remove lolbolster. Don't even want it back on the pts. Why? So they can get bugs reported to them and just ignore them and bring it back broken again anyway? No thanks, just remove it completely.

/signed.

Yeah, I think extreme is what they should be thinking too. I'd be in panic mode right now, and the feedback so far has been nothing but negative..

This is untrue. Some people like the changes. And most the people who like it and/or are waiting to see how it plays out don't come to the forums to post.

Edited by Boch

-signed.

and if you can't do something immediately at least give us the facts/math on bolster so that the community can derive how best to gear up and share that knowledge with other players so that you do not have a small segment of the community (the part that hunts down exploits to gain an edge) demolishing the rest.

It's certainly not about skill right now, it's about how you can exploit the bolster system the most to get better stats over your enemies.

This^^

This system has done nothing but create headaches and problems. Time to go back to the drawing board. Remove it, revamp it, and reintroduce it later after it's been tested thoroughly by the community.

Yeah, I'll re-quote this also, as it very accurately depicts the current state of PvP.

Signed

At least in the old bolster you could tell what gear was better outside the war-zone as well. Now the BIS is a mix of level20 greens and empty shells or any other stupid combination that people come up with to max bolster.

Edited by Domatron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.