Stop comparing Vitiate to Palpatine...

Wolfninjajedi

Palpatine is Dark Councilor material.He would not last a year ruling this Sith Empire as an emperor.The Dark Council will tear him apart.You compare him to Vader which would be a random Sith Warrior in this timeline.

You mad bro?

*Darth Sidious summons a force storm that tears a hyperspace wormhole inside Dromund Kaas.*

GG

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palpatine is Dark Councilor material.He would not last a year ruling this Sith Empire as an emperor.The Dark Council will tear him apart.You compare him to Vader which would be a random Sith Warrior in this timeline.

You mad bro?

Please if Palps and Vader were sent back in time, they would just trash all the Sith and take over. Sidious would be the Emperor and Vader his Wrath.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Please if Palps and Vader were sent back in time, they would just trash all the Sith and take over. Sidious would be the Emperor and Vader his Wrath.

Nox+Thanaton+Barras = Palpatine goes down.And I am being generous here.Nox alone would be enough.

And Vader well.... he is a pile of decomposed torso and red hot robotic boots,hands and helmet in the first 5 seconds of the engagement vs any solo Cauncil Member since the creation of the first sith empire.

Edited by Kaedusz

Nox+Thanaton+Barras = Palpatine goes down.And I am being generous here.Nox alone would be enough.

And Vader well.... he is a pile decomposed torso and red hot robotic boots,hands and helmet in the first 5 seconds of the engagement vs any Cauncil Member since the creation of the first sith empire.

Care to back that claim up with... I don't know... evidence?

Dude, Sidious would use the dark council's heads as mops on his nice shiny red throne room floor.

The Sith of this era are like children playing with fire compared to the Sith in the latter days of the Rule of Two. The fate of the Jedi proves it. While the Jedi held on to the old wisdom like it was end-all, the Sith spent an entire millennium making new discoveries that all culminated in Sidious. Then he completely wiped out their entire order.

To say Sidious is even equal to let alone worse then even the greatest Sith of this era is to basically say the Rule of Two accomplished nothing.

Have you people actually played swtor,kotor or read anything other than stuff related to the movies?

Its like im 20 something years ago and leaving the cinema after watching Empire Strikes Back for the first time and im commenting how awesome the characters are with some guys.

Upgrade your views ppl and dig your heads out of the ground.The movie characters are old and terrible.Both lore wise and power wise.The Jedi in Palpatine's era are complete buffoons. And the Sith Lords of this Empire and its predecessor are mighty powerful.More than enough to challenge those from the Rule of Two.

Edited by Kaedusz

Have you people actually played swtor,kotor or read anything other than stuff related to the movies?

Its like im 20 years ago and leaving the cinema after watching Empire Strikes Back for the first time and im commenting how awesome the characters are with some guys.

Upgrade your views ppl and dig your heads out of the ground.The movie characters are old and terrible.Both lore wise and power wise.The Jedi in Palpatine's era are complete buffoons. And the Sith Lords of this Empire and its predecessor are mighty powerful.More than enough to challenge those from the Rule of Two.

You profess to have knowledge of the EU and then you totally and utterly shatter that claim.

I'm sorry what? Lol you can't be serious....explain this, what evidence is there? Oh thats right...NONE.

As for Vader....ya he is that decomposed torso that...you know, became the greatest Jedi killer ever.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Its like im 20 something years ago and leaving the cinema after watching Empire Strikes Back for the first time and im commenting how awesome the characters are with some guys.

Evidence? I can always bring up the list of PT-era characters if you want.

This is about worshiping the ground certain characters walk on or not.Not knowledge.

Considering I am an extremely large fan of the Old Republic EU, specifically the Old Sith Wars and even more so consider that I have not nearly as much interest in the movie era, this is nothing about worshipping much of anything, it is instead having the ability to differentiate between personal bias and canon fact. Clearly to me this is more about denial than anything else and on the part of one person in this debate.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I am not sure what you mean by ''evidence''.If you people are writing here i have to assume you have played the game.

I have played the game, and read OR novels. I'm still not impressed. The only one who has remotely impressed me is Vitiate, but he barely shows up on my radar. His reliance on rituals doesn't impress me at all.

I assume you have read Clone Wars/Rebellion era novels/comics. Is that a fair assumption to make?

Edit: Give me a list of the powers and feats of some Old Republic characters, and I guarantee that I can match and exceed those feats two-fold.

Edited by Aurbere

Edit: Give me a list of the powers and feats of some Old Republic characters, and I guarantee that I can match and exceed those feats two-fold.[/color]

Marka Ragnos -ruled a Sith Empire full of power hungry and mighty force sensitives and a Cauncil.Compared to this Palpatine had it easy.He only had to kill one sith lord in his sleep.(yea yea yea i know the whole rule of two theses and dogmas and its history in detail)

Vitiate - ruled for 1300 years a Sith Empire and during that time he basically have done nothing else except study the force + gorged himself on a planet .Controlled a huge Sith Organisation and a Dark Cauncil for so many years,which is a testament to his power.Palpatine in his place would be eaten alive sooner or later.I give him 1 year atm.

Palpatine-got thrown in a Pit by one handed cyborg that is alive only because of implants and machines in the suit, in the first place.Owned himself with a rebellion that himself created ,Bad move ,palpa,bad move.Killed his master in his sleep ,not in full accordance with the Rule of Two.Couldn't find and train a proper apprentice his whole life.Yeah,Yeah,its difficult to find some1 powerful enough to challenge him and worthy of him.-more op,fanboy nonsense and bad writing.

His advantage was the tactics the Sith emplyed during this timeline.The Sith Grand Plan is awesome and it destroyed the jedi,but sorry it doesn't make you an unstoppable god,especially compared to the ancient sith who are the real badas$es,despite the Rule of Two dogma about the power progression.

What happened after the movies are not even real events to be taken seriously,so i will not put them in the equation.

I feel like a deist ,atheist or agnostic in a forum for deeply religious people in here.If you know what i mean.

Edited by Kaedusz

Marka Ragnos -ruled a Sith Empire full of power hungry and mighty force sensitives and a Cauncil.Compared to this Palpatine had it easy.He only had to kill one sith lord in his sleep.(yea yea yea i know the whole rule of two theses and dogmas and its history in detail)

Vitiate - ruled for 1300 years a Sith Empire and during that time he basically have done nothing else except study the force + gorged himself on a planet .Controlled a huge Sith Organisation and a Dark Cauncil for so many years,which is a testament to his power.Palpatine in his place would be eaten alive sooner or later.I give him 1 year atm.

Palpatine-got thrown in a Pit by one handed cyborg that is alive only because of implants and machines in the suit, in the first place.Owned himself with a rebellion that himself created ,Bad move ,palpa,bad move.Killed his master in his sleep ,not in full accordance with the Rule of Two.Couldn't find and train a proper apprentice his whole life.Yeah,Yeah,its difficult to find some1 powerful enough to challenge him and worthy of him.-more op,fanboy nonsense and bad writing.

His advantage was the tactics the Sith emplyed during this timeline.The Sith Grand Plan is awesome and it destroyed the jedi,but sorry it doesn't make you an unstoppable god,especially compared to the ancient sith who are the real badas$es,despite the Rule of Two dogma about the power progression.

What happened after the movies are not even real events to be taken seriously,so i will not put them in the equation.

First, not the list that I was expecting, since I was expecting you to make a list of how uber the OR characters are. Instead, you provide two characters and how they ruled an Empire. GG.

Second, if you don't consider the EU after ROTJ canon, then there is no point arguing with you since you have a selective memory for Star Wars, rather than taking the whole of the EU.

We know full well that Ragnos was an expert in getting other powerful Sith to fight each other, basically eliminating any opposing powerbase, doesn't speak much for his supposedly endless power.

Ruled an Empire he spent two decades brain-washing into believing he was basically god and the only people that did actually face him ended up either being idiots or being at a disadvantage due to the fact he could abuse the temples, etc... he created into empowering himself at the expense of his opponents.

Palpatine got defeated by the force itself, it literally created a being to destroy them, a punishment the force delved out because they tried to meddle in it's affairs, a counter-attack if you will.

He also didn't need an apprentice, the goals of the rule of two had been fulfilled and he had a seemingly foolproof way of cheating death and returning from the void of the dark side.

Also Palpatine had been playing with his master's mind the whole time, not only that but Plagueis admitted Sidious was more powerful anyway and devoted his time into researching midichlorians and such, there was nothing left to prove when the apprentice had proven to be more powerful already, if you had actually read the novel you wouldn't be posting such absurdities.

Edited by LadyKulvax

First, not the list that I was expecting, since I was expecting you to make a list of how uber the OR characters are. Instead, you provide two characters and how they ruled an Empire. GG.

Do you want me to compare Vowrawn or Ravage to Sedious?Of course i have no doubt Sedious will wtfown them and almost every1 else except Vitiate.The point is he is not untouchable and dogmatically unstoppable.

Do you want me to compare Vowrawn or Ravage to Sedious?Of course i have no doubt Sedious will wtfown them and almost every1 else except Vitiate.The point is he is not untouchable and dogmatically unstoppable.

He would own Vitiate too, what has Vitiate done aside from living for 1,300 years(something which while a feat, doesn't really show a display of power, not to mention that living forever is something Palpatine was doing via essence transfer, it merely shows that Vitiate lived a long time) that puts him above Sidious?

By something, I mean power wise.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

But you just said that OR Sith would beat Sidious.

And the Sith Lords of this Empire and its predecessor are mighty powerful.More than enough to challenge those from the Rule of Two.

Uhh...

We know full well that Ragnos was an expert in getting other powerful Sith to fight each other, basically eliminating any opposing powerbase, doesn't speak much for his supposedly endless power.

A few sentences from Kreia + the above is enough.

Ruled an Empire he spent two decades brain-washing into believing he was basically god and the only people that did actually face him ended up either being idiots or being at a disadvantage due to the fact he could abuse the temples, etc... he created into empowering himself at the expense of his opponents.[/color]

That is valid only before the Sith were actually an Empire at the begging of the rebuilding.

He also didn't need an apprentice, the goals of the rule of two had been fulfilled and he had a seemingly foolproof way of cheating death and returning from the void of the dark side.

Also Palpatine had been playing with his master's mind the whole time, not only that but Plagueis admitted

The *sith* got defeated by the force itself,not Palpatine per se.Just because Palpatine happens to be the sith lord at the time is not an argument for his power.-in a sense that nothing else except the force could defeat him.

About the apprentice- You are making excuses for him now?He didn't have a proper apprentice because of the stuff i mentioned above.He wouldn't pay if you say that ,while defending him in the court.

]Sidious was more powerful anyway

say what??Unless i am forgetting something there is no proof Sidious is more powerful than Plagueis,in the novel except a statement by himself,which i wouldn't accept on trust.

Edited by Kaedusz

Aurbere, Wolf you guys will have to clean this up, there is a debate, then there are comments that make you want to lose faith in this fanbase.

In order to have a debate , you must have two or more opposite views.What you have here is a Palpatine fanboy club parade.

A few sentences from Kreia + the above is enough.

Kreia's not the most reputable source. Especially considering how little there is on the ancient Sith compared to Sidious or Vader.

About the apprentice- You are making excuses for him now?He didn't have a proper apprentice because of the stuff i mentioned above.He wouldn't pay if you say that ,while defending him in the court.

Maul was his apprentice, and a gosh darn good one at that.

say what??Unless i am forgetting something there is no proof Sidious is more powerful than Plagueis,in the novel except a statement by himself,which i wouldn't accept on trust.

But you just... didn't you just say that you take the word of Kreia- a known liar. :confused: :confused: :confused: