The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Flame Engine Proc - ShieldTech

Jawstheshark

The visual is there, but it's subtle. It's a flame symbol over your character if I'm getting the proc right from memory. Something more visible would be good.

(I miss the Heat Blast proc too, have to watch buff bar for the 3 count).

+1, watching that little damned buff bar for procs is hurting my eyes

What do u guys think of this skill I haven't actually tried it out yet... What's the verdict yay or nay?

its definitely the best damage per energy skill, and probably best dps skill in the tank tree - how could you say "no" to that? - its fast, it hurts, makes excellent aoe threat.

tldr; its a yay

• 1 year later...
You should be using Flamethrower every time it's off cooldown so I don't see the big problem. Flame Engine procs -> Flamethrower cd resets -> I know it's time to use Flamethrower.

So you stare at your hotbar instead of your buff... nice change. :rolleyes: Our other ability reset (Stockstrike/Rocket Punch) has a sound while reseting.

When I tank I don't have time to stare at my hotbar/buffs. I know my main abilities CD... And I quickly check it up once every 20-30sec so I don,t miss a DCD or Shoulder Cannon, Mortar Volley or smt else. Every other proc have smt to easily know they are up. Pulse Engine/Flame ENgine doesn't. The faint lightning bolt/flame isn't visible when you're zoomed out so you can see the whole battlefield.

This is what makes tanking fun. You need to keep track of:

- Boss positioning

- Mechanics

- Your CDs

- Your procs

- Your buffs

- Boss debuffs

With the Flame Engine Proc you get (1) a huge red flame icon above your character, (2) a buff icon, (3) audio clue and (4) your CD on Flame Thrower resets. Thats 4 clues for 1 one proc. I don't know how you can miss it.

Edited by HBCentaurion

This is what makes tanking fun. You need to keep track of:

- Boss positioning

- Mechanics

- Your CDs

- Your procs

- Your buffs

- Boss debuffs

With the Flame Engine Proc you get (1) a huge red flame icon above your character, (2) a buff icon, (3) audio clue and (4) your CD on Flame Thrower resets. Thats 4 clues for 1 one proc. I don't know how you can miss it.

I know my CDs when they come off... ANd my long DCDs.... I check my hitbars once in while to not miss them.

My procs? Stockstrike reset makes a sound pretty esy to hear... Ion Engine doesn't (I play Vang more) and the 'huge' icon is huge when you're zoomed on your character.... Which isn't that smart if it keeps you from seeing half the battlefield.

• 2 weeks later...
I know my CDs when they come off... ANd my long DCDs.... I check my hitbars once in while to not miss them.

My procs? Stockstrike reset makes a sound pretty esy to hear... Ion Engine doesn't (I play Vang more) and the 'huge' icon is huge when you're zoomed on your character.... Which isn't that smart if it keeps you from seeing half the battlefield.

I zoom out as far as I can and I watch my character, my quickbars, and my procs. The icon is still easy to see, and if I do happen to miss it somehow, I notice it's off CD and use it. Sometimes I notice the proc buff first, but the end result is the same - I use it. But I don't usually have to fall back on my quickbar or my buff bar, because I can still see the icon on my character easily.

Edited by FrozenGoalie

• 2 weeks later...
I never saw it on my BT3 Vang.. But I rolled with a BT1 Vang and he shooted... Now I'm confused..

Would it be a bug or just me too idiot to have seen it before?

Don't ask questions that you don't really want the answer to:cool:. My PT shouts at the top of his lungs every single time.