Scrapper Scoundrel PvP video(s) + tips/guide

Kutsus

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samkiel, it's going to take a few mins to respond to that post I'll get to it in the next day or so!

I spent the day today trying a 31 point dirty fighting spec... about 30 total warzones. All in all, it does absolutely everything worse than scrapper. Energy, sustained damage, burst, utility, defense. It's just worse in every possible way. Even with scrapper nerfs, I am 100% confident that scrapper will still be stronger in sustained damage, burst, and all the other little stuff. WTB a dirty fighting overhaul...

Full dirty fighting spec is utterly hopeless as you have concluded yourself. Try out 18sawbones/23 dirty fighting. You will get upper hand very often, and the hot gives you a decent survivability boost.

You won't get it to work by playing 3-4 warzones. In order to gain decent numbers, you have to hot several people, dot several people, and pick a proper target to burst down with 2x wounding shots ->blaster whip-> wounding shots. This sequence is enough to finish most people at about 70% hp.

It is obviously a support role instead of pure dps as scrapper specced, but I've enjoyed it a lot personally. I manage about 300k dmg and 100k healed in average.

And yes, wounding shots pwn vs tanks, but so does scrapper spec, for now...

Full dirty fighting spec is utterly hopeless as you have concluded yourself. Try out 18sawbones/23 dirty fighting. You will get upper hand very often, and the hot gives you a decent survivability boost.

You won't get it to work by playing 3-4 warzones. In order to gain decent numbers, you have to hot several people, dot several people, and pick a proper target to burst down with 2x wounding shots ->blaster whip-> wounding shots. This sequence is enough to finish most people at about 70% hp.

It is obviously a support role instead of pure dps as scrapper specced, but I've enjoyed it a lot personally. I manage about 300k dmg and 100k healed in average.

And yes, wounding shots pwn vs tanks, but so does scrapper spec, for now...

I have tried the "hot and dot" spec that you suggest, but I vastly prefer the 23 sawbones 18 scrapper. You get a lot more healing and more energy efficient DPS with less setup time on top of all the great stealth/defensive utility in scrapper. With this spec I have seen 300k dmg/300k heal in a few voidstars and have healed over 500k.

Also, wounding shots primary hit is white damage and can be shielded/dodged/deflected by tanks who tend to have very high shielding and defense. Considering all my gear is min/maxed for 100% tech damage I don't have any accuracy. After testing both, I find sucker punch to hit tanks harder on average than a fully buffed wounding shots, even though the 2x extra hits are internal.

Like I said, I really want dirty fighting to be a viable spec but currently it's just not strong enough to compete with other specs that use scrapper more heavily.

Hey! Thanks for PvP tips and info, much appreciated. I just have a quick question on how I can put my damage output a little more, as I feel it isn't quite as high as I would like it to be.

I JUST turned 37, and I usually get around 80k~100k in an average game of alderan and anywhere from 100k-140k in voidstar, [i wont say huttball since i usually try to score lol] these damages come from the last couple of days.

My stats are here.

http://imageshack.us/f/31/screenshot2012012423335.jpg/

I open with SF -> BB -> Whip -> SPx2 -> Grenade and after that its just rotating back and forth between some skills and using as needed, stuns etc.

I actually have a specific question, on average how much damage was increased when you received flechete shot at 40 and used in WZ? And another thing, did you increase your Sawbones trait first or, dirty fighting, I'm not sure where to branch out first, I do feel like I need a higher crit rate D: but the healing could have saved me a bunch of times. I've found myself on numerous occasions where I wish I could've healed a bit quicker, I guess resets will tell lol. Of course, any specific gear that could help, etc, only a couple pieces of armor are what I DONT want them to be but meh, MP sucks for my server, nothing good :( so I gotta wait till I hit 40 for some nice sets.

Edit: Just did Huttball and did 145k, 7 medals, and top place, so I felt pretty happy xD I just want to compare how others did that level, and where my progressions stands.

Level 38 now, I think my skills are improving, I average 120k-150k on all maps, woot! Can't wait for FR! This is a great PUG class, but I see myself doing the 23/18 Build once I get into the Lvl 50 bracket, there are a lot of hardcore sith players on my server, gonna have to work with some buddies in order to put out the wins.

I want to ask, should I buy all the level 40 PvP gear from the vendors?

I have tried the "hot and dot" spec that you suggest, but I vastly prefer the 23 sawbones 18 scrapper. You get a lot more healing and more energy efficient DPS with less setup time on top of all the great stealth/defensive utility in scrapper. With this spec I have seen 300k dmg/300k heal in a few voidstars and have healed over 500k.

Also, wounding shots primary hit is white damage and can be shielded/dodged/deflected by tanks who tend to have very high shielding and defense. Considering all my gear is min/maxed for 100% tech damage I don't have any accuracy. After testing both, I find sucker punch to hit tanks harder on average than a fully buffed wounding shots, even though the 2x extra hits are internal.

Like I said, I really want dirty fighting to be a viable spec but currently it's just not strong enough to compete with other specs that use scrapper more heavily.

I really don't see how you reach the conclusion that sucker punch hits harder on average than wounding shots on tanks. If you have both dots applied, wounding shots deal 900 internal damage, not counting crits, and then theres white dmg on top of that.

My sucker punch hits for 900 with 23sawbones/18 scrapper.

On a completely different note, I find sucker punch spamming with this hybrid spec quite....boring. But that's just me.

I really don't see how you reach the conclusion that sucker punch hits harder on average than wounding shots on tanks. If you have both dots applied, wounding shots deal 900 internal damage, not counting crits, and then theres white dmg on top of that.

My sucker punch hits for 900 with 23sawbones/18 scrapper.

On a completely different note, I find sucker punch spamming with this hybrid spec quite....boring. But that's just me.

My sucker punch tooltip right now shows ~1800 for max damage with the occasional ~500 extra. Wounding shots is ~1200 for the white hit and ~500 for each internal hit. The white hit gets avoided/shielded very often, greatly reducing the damage advantage. In cases where it is avoided, sucker punch soars ahead and when it's shielded they are pretty close. When neither happen, yes wounding shots hits harder.

You may find using sucker punch boring, but I find using 2 high energy dots setup just to use wounding shots tedious. I mean... there is some preference here, but let's keep in mind that you can get sucker punch and emergency medpac/triage and be a much stronger healer than when you spec for wounding shots for a situational damage advantage that requires setup and higher energy use.

If you like dirty fighting and want to keep using it, I am not trying to stop you. Please do as you wish... but it's an uphill argument to say it's a better hybrid tree than scrapper.

Edited by Kutsus

I haven't argued that one is better than the other. I don't have enough experience with scrapper hybrid to say which one is best. But regarding the energy costs; keep in miind that dot crits grant 2 energy each, which really helps out with energy management. You can also gain 10 energy when using pugnacity.

I ve a question concerning your relicts. In your last youtube video i only saw 1 relict bound on a hotkey. For some weeks now im wondering whether it is better to use 2x pvp relicts with a strong proc or just 1 proc relict and 1 with pure stats like the matrix relict for example.

I ve a question concerning your relicts. In your last youtube video i only saw 1 relict bound on a hotkey. For some weeks now im wondering whether it is better to use 2x pvp relicts with a strong proc or just 1 proc relict and 1 with pure stats like the matrix relict for example.

I go back and forth on this... Right now I'm using 1x BM relic and the matrix cube since I have a hard time giving up that 72 extra cunning. It is really nice to be able to hit 2 relics only 3 seconds apart, though... so it will come down to preference.

nice to read that you re also struggling on this one ^^

ATM i feel like in situations where it is hard to break combat (like voidstar) the matrix cube is way better. A 2nd proc relict however really shines in combination with shoot first.

Edited by Magerquark

Trying to look around, but figured I'd just ask. I'm closing in on 50 and curious what set via PvP gear is best for the scrapper to build. The Enforcers set just seems bleh, so should I look for Field Medic, or Field Tech?

The nerf is a pain. Being able to stunlock stupid chumps for 5,5 secs is no good compensation, imo.

I would like to hear about Kutsus ! I don't see how I'll be able to get the 5K dmg medal every warzone. Maybe on a 11K HP sorc new to be 50... Well.

I'm sad.

I was wondering, what spec will scrappers use after today? Drop K.O. possibly?

edit: I am not finding this patch to be that mind blowingly disastrous. Scrapper is still viable and I don't even have full pvp gear. :-]

Edited by Wieser

R64 smuggler on Hedaar-Soongh.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MzZMIRRdkrbfzZhr.1

Currently running 3/31/7. 2 points into dirty escape, 2 into exploratory surgery, 1 into bedside manner. UH/TA from exploratory surgery is too good to pass up so I opted for less cunning; roughly 90 cunning lost to gain 30s cd 4 sec stun/mini sprint. Still spec'd for KO, still managing to blow people up, though the 5k medal is rare-ish now. You can now vanish and open with shoot first again and proc multiple stuns on the same target, with resolve for a full dirty kick after.

Also, someone was asking if shifty-eyed was PvP viable. It's too valuable not to have right now. 4% endurance, more damage on your dots or more damage to bleeding targets are not as solid as this talent.

Couple of screens post patch, one is a premade stomp, the other is a pug.

http://i.imgur.com/X3BPu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7ifbS.jpg

Edited by unfinished

R64 smuggler on Hedaar-Soongh.

Currently running 3/31/7. 2 points into dirty escape, 2 into exploratory surgery, 1 into bedside manner. UH/TA from exploratory surgery is too good to pass up so I opted for less cunning; roughly 90 cunning lost to gain 30s cd 4 sec stun/mini sprint. Still spec'd for KO, still managing to blow people up, though the 5k medal is rare-ish now. You can now vanish and open with shoot first again and proc multiple stuns on the same target, with resolve for a full dirty kick after.

Also, someone was asking if shifty-eyed was PvP viable. It's too valuable not to have right now. 4% endurance, more damage on your dots or more damage to bleeding targets are not as solid as this talent.

Couple of screens post patch, one is a premade stomp, the other is a pug.

http://i.imgur.com/X3BPu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7ifbS.jpg

Would you be able to post a talent tree? :D