♠ Snipers → God Class.

DkSharktooth

I really have no words to describe the sniper class besides God Class.

Explanation:

Marksman Sniper:

1. The roll is effectively a sprint 18meters forward with 100% dodge chance on the next 1 or 2 abilities used on you. You land in cover and entrenched for 3 seconds, which means that you are immune to leaps, pulls, stuns, ccs, and take 60% less AE damage for 3 seconds PLUS regain 3 stacks of 15% damage reduction from ballistic dampers, PLUS gain a free instant cast snipe which in turn reduces the cast time of the next ambush, PLUS once this 3 second entrench ends, you gain an IMPROVED HYDRAULIC OVERRIDES, ***? YEAH! Once entrench ends, you gain a 50% speed boost for 6 seconds making you immune to all movement impairing effects. Let us not forget that this is a 20 second cooldown to gain all of this.

2. You cannot interrupt any casts on a sniper

3. Sniper has instant cast armor debuff that also applies healing debuff

4. Engineering sniper can roll 2x in a row with 2x shield probe absorption

5. Warriors and Vanguards on my server now cry in the face of my sniper. They cannot sit on me at all, they are constantly rooted and CC'd and always instant cast bursted with no means to interrupt me or reach me. If they do, I lol-roll out the way with all the above buffs, re-root them, proceed to instant cast 4shot them.

6. You cannot tank a sniper, you will die. To much burst instant cast damage.

7. Massive Stealth Detection Increase, just icing on the cake.

8. I am not saying you cannot kill a sniper, you can because they cannot heal themselves. They are just incredibly useful now and incredibly bursty.

9. Natural cover makes attacks miss you

10. The list goes on, I'm sure.

Makes me wonder if the Merc class developer is on vacation somewhere....

P.S.

Syncronized smash is still OP. Duel focus targets with instant crit 7-9k x2 on one or more players + 2x instant cast viscous throw executes.

P.S. #2

Bug Report: Even if you CC breaker a warriors leap, you cannot use the sniper roll to move forward, it will roll you in place.

---

About Me:

I played Sniper, Mercenary (DPS + Heals), Marauder, Sorc (DPS+Heals) in Full Conqueror gear on 2.0 PTS since it's release. I have all my abilities keybound and I don't stand in fire.

Edited by DkSharktooth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess all the snipers on my server are bad, because I have no issues with them at all. Pre 2.0, post 2.0. This is coming from a sent/mara too. Quit trying to nerf a class that is perfectly fine. :rolleyes:

A group of my friends have a personal rule of thumb that all PVP Snipers have downs. The class is a god class, just none of them play it right.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I don't know. I really loved sniper and now gunslinger; but I remember a time when it was thought to be weak on heavy armored opponents due to the "white damage." Then they gave the armor penetration ability and debuff and it was pretty damned good. Then they changed some of the top of the tree skills and then it became no energy problems ever. Now stealth detection and even mobility?

Kind of getting boring but my slinger and sniper both are best situated for me to progress from 50 to 55. I find myself sometimes getting a bit complacent and lazy when playing it. I'm not saying this because I want sniper/gs nerfed. I really am concerned with where this is going.

Snipers don't annoy me as much as the army of TK sages.

Or as my guild calls the imp side, "Purple Lightning Firing Squads" lol

but yes TK sages/Lightning Sorcs are pretty scary

but snipers are GOD and once people start to practice the class with the new toys you all will see. Snipers/Gunslingers will be the new FotM and you think the smash/sweep tear are bad....just you wait....

patience my young padawans....patience.

SWTOR:2.0 Naked, Nude, FPS PvP

with all the guns at me I feel like I'm inside of a first person shooter with a glowing stun baton

I stopped pvp as a mara, I just PVE using my mara because warrior/knight is the worst class to play PVP in 2.0.

Because of the many buffs to range classes, so many stuns, roots and slows.

Now I'm happy playing as an assassin, "spamming" 9k Maul, killing people in 3 seconds and having 4 ways to crowd control: spike, whirliwind, electrocute and Low Slash.

I'm not complaining, I just rolled to a class which I can have fun.

Yes they're a god ranged class great snipers/slingers really wont have that much of an issue with los especially if they aren't fighting a healer. The thing with a sniper imo is the skill cap, its not a skill cap for doing damage since that has become stupidly easy all around for most classes period, its the ability to postion your self when to use def cd's etc.

Atm a great sniper/slinger can control the flow of a match with a somewhat decent team or higher. They can lockdown targets, while dishing out heavy single target and aoe damage neither of these are lacing in any of the 3 specs (maybe SS/MM but hardly). they have group utility and amazing defensve cd''s, such as an area deploable shield a ranged aoe mez, a healing debuff combined with an armor debuff, a 360 degree kb that roots targets affected, cover-,( cant be intterupted unless stuned or knockedback) hunker down (stun immunity), leg shot. all this while being a ranged damage dealer. (yes ik I left out alot of other moves but these are key imo)

The main thing I've seen on our server is that we don't have alot of *amazing snipers/slingers and some of the ones that are amazing do even better with a different class. I really feel like half the sniper/slinger on our server are alts or rerolls.

o another thing I forgot to add was that for some odd reason alot of people say they don't like snipers b/c its a turret class, and they don't feel mobile but yet they feel more mobile on a mercenary. This is important because it showed me to many people don't understand how to use cover.

Edited by Lalainnia

I stopped pvp as a mara, I just PVE using my mara because warrior/knight is the worst class to play PVP in 2.0.

Because of the many buffs to range classes, so many stuns, roots and slows.

Now I'm happy playing as an assassin, "spamming" 9k Maul, killing people in 3 seconds and having 4 ways to crowd control: spike, whirliwind, electrocute and Low Slash.

I'm not complaining, I just rolled to a class which I can have fun.

Are you serious? Maras and Sents got some really huge buffs, pretty much in every spec. Are we even playing the same game?

Are you serious? Maras and Sents got some really huge buffs, pretty much in every spec. Are we even playing the same game?

Well Mara's have a lot of buttons so if he's pushing all of them randomly then he'd have trouble killing players....

That's the best explanation I could think of.

Edited by AshlaBoga

---> LoS

I have no problems with stabzu ;)

lol, sorry but while mid tree sins/shadows have the insane burst damage they currently have, combined with stealth, high mobility and good survivability, whining about snipers/slingers is a bit of a joke.

At least you can see a sniper coming, and they're easy to los.

Hell, derp sweeping sents/mara's are still posting massive damage combined with all their tools as well.

There are many unbalanced colours in the pvp rainbow, snipers aren't the worst of the offenders.

Makes me wonder if the Merc class developer is on vacation somewhere....

Merc class developer plays a sniper =P

I guess all the snipers on my server are bad, because I have no issues with them at all. Pre 2.0, post 2.0. This is coming from a sent/mara too. Quit trying to nerf a class that is perfectly fine. :rolleyes:

Don't think he was asking for nerfs. Personally I think you actually main a sniper and you just constantly down on the class saying it's super fail so you don't get nerfed =P

Either that or trololol.

Or as my guild calls the imp side, "Purple Lightning Firing Squads" lol

but yes TK sages/Lightning Sorcs are pretty scary

Some of us have been waiting a very long time for days like this. Even as we were mocked for playing Lightning Sorcs, instead of healing. 2.0 hit, I practiced my best maniacal laughter, and then I went into WZs slaughtering everything in my path. And it was WONDERFUL.

Oh, I like how everyone sees some class as OP, depending on what they dislike or to rephrase, what killed them. Juggs are so OP! Snipers are so OP! Shadows are so OP! Sages are so OP! Sorc is so OP ... Heck, everything is so OP, except for BH. Even tho I'm sure someone finds that OP too.

As much as I hate that phrase... Man up people. Really. Seriously. Do. Perhaps you got served terribly, but stop looking around, searching for someone else to blame. With all due respect.

Edited by elvinkun

Must be the same on TOFN also lots of bads about i guess, coz since 2.0 no snipers has raped my carny mara unless nestled in middle of big group gangnam style.

I'm not saying all classes are balanced, but there's definitely less of a gap between them in PvP now. Hell I am even really enjoying playing Commando at the moment. Sage is also putting up very high numbers with utility.

I'm not going to deny that my Sniper does do very well in WZ but I just find it a pretty boring class to play for too long.

Edited by WaldoA