Republic Trooper Armor (Hope Trailer)

Seeing as nearly every other class has had their wishes made, please make this one made too, as I know many troopers such as myself would love to have this featured armor set.

Visit this thread for my prior discussion on this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=607207

Edited by CaptianFordo

I don't think BioWare loves troopers enough to do it.

:(

Troopers have the least choice in the game for Armor.. I play all the classes and its the hardest one to dress up with Adaptive stuff, its so disappointing, I just put mine in the Jumpsuit. My wife also has a Trooper, she is going nuts finding a look she likes.... The couple of nice Armors that could work, have a stupid Jet pack on the back.... Obviously for a BH, but why not have an identical version without the jet pack?

Edited by Themanthatisi

In all fairness, I feel like it isn't that much different from the rest of the trooper armor I see

1.This one doesnt have the stupid backpack on it

2.While its true that there are models of the chest that looks pretty much the same in a lot of colours there isnt a red/white one

3.The shoulder pauldron its different on this one

4.That helmet isnt in the game

5.The color scheme on the pants the strips etc its different that the ingame sets

6.That rifle model doesnt exist ingame

Anyway force users have a lot of sets that dont differ too much from eachother valiant is a recoloured battlelord armour with little diferences the legacy armor its a recolor of the battlelord etc etc siths got their black robes and many robes do look like pretty much the same WE WANT THIS NOW! specially the helmet

Edited by Danapa

Bioware has really dropped the ball with Trooper armor and the Cartel Market. They should take cue from the owner of probably the single most successful Star Wars license... Hasbro/Kenner. Several years ago Hasbro figured out that SW fans love Storm/Clone Trooper armor. Collectors wont just buy one they will buy multiples to fill out their little armies, so Hasbro began producing much more of these than any other secondary "character." Then came the variations (sometimes just a different color stripe, shoulder pad or backpack), and collectors bought them up.

This could easily apply to TOR. Every Trooper has a whole squad of trooper companions to outfit. Even the Smuggler and both Jedi have a Trooper companion and Sith Warriors have an Imperial Trooper Companion. The CM should be filled with rotating variations of at least chest and helmet pieces... especially the chests without the air conditioner backpack people have been asking for... and is even worn in game by npc's.

Instead Bioware is just missing out on a lot of easy money. :rolleyes:

I mean moddable

The helmet looks pretty much like the Outcast Helmet.

And as for someone else wishing for an armor without a backpack... The transparisteel armor set from the I believe it is Tatooine quests has a chest without one. It's white with black acsents.

The helmet looks pretty much like the Outcast Helmet.

And as for someone else wishing for an armor without a backpack... The transparisteel armor set from the I believe it is Tatooine quests has a chest without one. It's white with black acsents.

Isnt the same model

Edited by Danapa

Sorry but that is a crappy armor. There's plenty of armors like that in the game and small differences between them do not mean much, still the same thing in the end.

And yes, I play a commando as main and I want a heavy armor set as well. Moddable, all 7 pieces. But I want a HEAVY ARMOR. Something massive and powerful, something - if say some enemy sees you - what makes the enemy thing "Oh damn, that's a walking tank, I rather run head first through a mountain than take this one on!". For example, something in the style of power armor from Fallout 3. And before anyone cries "but but but this is SW" then I did not say I want Fallout power armor in SW game, I said something in that style - massive, real heavy armor, really bada** looking.

For example:

Power Armor

Another power armor

And yet another one

You get the idea. Heavy armor which really is heavy armor, not some lousy sweatpants with plastic bottle pieces glued onto it.

Edited by Whailor

Sorry but that is a crappy armor. There's plenty of armors like that in the game and small differences between them do not mean much, still the same thing in the end.

And yes, I play a commando as main and I want a heavy armor set as well. Moddable, all 7 pieces. But I want a HEAVY ARMOR. Something massive and powerful, something - if say some enemy sees you - what makes the enemy thing "Oh damn, that's a walking tank, I rather run head first through a mountain than take this one on!". For example, something in the style of power armor from Fallout 3. And before anyone cries "but but but this is SW" then I did not say I want Fallout power armor in SW game, I said something in that style - massive, real heavy armor, really bada** looking.

For example:

Power Armor

Another power armor

And yet another one

You get the idea. Heavy armor which really is heavy armor, not some lousy sweatpants with plastic bottle pieces glued onto it.

I agree the game could use some "HEAVY" armor added into the content, but still would love to see this suit come out. Really though, it's about as easy for them to do as the Eradicator suit (Reskin of the Valiant). Alter the colors, cut off the rocket box (backpack) and tweak it here and there. Would love to see two version of it as well, one new and shiny and the other blaster damaged and worn.

Another pack and no armor for troopers just more stupid robes for em glowy sticks meh

Trooper character creation screen armor will be added in 2.0.1. "Stalwart Protector" set.

Edited by Jenzali