I don't get it when dudes play as girls in MMOs...

Ishagu

I see my character as a reflection of self so I don't normally roll female toons. I find it kind of strange personally that people do. BUT that's just my opinion and I never give anyone any grief for doing so.

I will say this though, this was the first game I created a female alt just to see the first couple cut scenes and see how they differ.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Sure the view of the back is nicer, but how can you relate?

Because even a pixel female body is better to look at then the male frame.

On a side note sounds like you flirted with a female toon and found out it was a guy and your upset about it.

Because it is only a game and all the characters are just pixels in your screen so I don't get why people go like "I don't get it when dudes play as girls". Big deal.

I have couple of female characters and if you want to know why I play as a female character then the reason is the story. I want to see every angle of the story. When I play a BW or any RPG game, I always make a male character first which I try to play as a "me".. like how I would make the choices if I was there. After that I usually play as a female and see if there is any differences in the story. I don't see why this should bother anyone?

Edited by Skorz

Why?

Im male and play female chars allso ..... Got my male trooper VG to 50 so now i play a female trooper commando

I do not understand why some peoples have issues with this .... maybe grow up ? its a game with pixels not a dating site now is it ? Allso if some keeps staring at their toons *** should stop if you fancy pvp you would not do so good .....

Thyl.

Why?

Not everyone considers their toon to be an extension of themselves, but rather someone they are adventuring with. In that respect, they would much prefer the company of an attractive female.

Why?

How about when girls play as dudes in MMOs?

I ask, because the view of th back is nicer... as is the front for that matter. :D

Edited by Andryah

Same stupid thread that pops up ever other week, on every single mmo forum for the last 15 years.

I always get a mental image of OP's when they make these posts. I see them in game flirting and trying to cyber with some female character, only to have said character tell them they are a guy IRL.

Same stupid thread that pops up ever other week, on every single mmo forum for the last 15 years.

I always get a mental image of OP's when they make these posts. I see them in game flirting and trying to cyber with some female character, only to have said character tell them they are a guy IRL.

It's a direct reflection of the immaturity level of the customer base, and of their uhhh..... inexperience in life outside their basements.

I think the OP wants to play a female toon, so coming here to question it is his way of justifying his "masculinity".

Its the same thing when guys bash gay men, its either they have to justify them self or they are secretly gay and have to keep bashing gay as a way to make others think they could never be gay.

Woman have a masculine side, men have a feminine side (well, some refuse to get in touch with it)... Maybe some just want to express that fem side though a character. Others just love looking at the female body, with all its curves, no one can blame anyone for that, its like a work of art. Others want to role play, using their imagination.

Me... I just want to feel pretty! God knows, in real life, with my man equipment and hair everywhere, that will never happen... :p

I asked my wife once... "Sweetie, what in the world are you thinking when you desire me, I mean, with all this hair, its nasty".... She replied "I close my eye"... I replied, "Thanks, I feel so much better now". LOL

Well, let me see, hmm. I like to role play, as a male who plays female toons in this game, and in Warcraft. Now, let me see, which would I rather see all the time, the behind of a male or female toon while leveling for hours at a time? Hmm,, well, let me think about that.

The choice is pretty obvious, that I wish I was a female in real life, seeing as how I have and addiction to the GTN, always looking for a new pair of shoes, or some other bling bling.

Not everyone considers their toon to be an extension of themselves, but rather someone they are adventuring with. In that respect, they would much prefer the company of an attractive female.

That's why we have female companions...

It's a direct reflection of the immaturity level of the customer base, and of their uhhh..... inexperience in life outside their basements.

Let me preface this by saying I'm NOT taking sides.

However, a thought struck me as I read your post. You seem to imply the OP and others like him are the ones who are living in their basements and don't have a lot of encounters with the fairer sex. Logically, however, it would be safer to assume that those who state they play female toons to stare at "female Kardashian booty while leveling" would be the ones more likely to have less experience with women.

After all, most people stop watching "adult entertainment" once they start having regular sex.

I don't get it when dudes play as girls in MMOs...

Here are some of the reasons:

1. Better voice acting (Jennifer Hale, Grey DeLisle, Jo Wyatt...)
  2. Better looking models and animation (male body types just suck, either you are too skinny or too muscular/fat, female body type 2 and 3 are way better)
  3. Not getting stuck as male bodytype 3 and 4 in the doorway while getting datacrons... :D

This game is my first mmo. My main, a sentinel, is a replica of myself. Playing through the Jedi knight story, however, has been boring due to the crappy voice acting. So my next toon, a sith assassin, is a female mirialan. The voice acting is awesome. She's so sarcastic all the time that it actually makes me lol here and there. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience. I also have a female sage, a female sith marauder, and my next toon will be a male, body type 2 or 3, juggernaut. Why? Because I honestly can't imagine a tank to be any other way. For the most part though, the female voice actors are just leagues ahead of any of the males. And that's my main reason for female toons. Not to mention that the female character models in this game are very well designed and quite attractive. Although my wife complains that my sage may be a trap lol.

TL;DR - female voice actors way better. Make game more fun. And also, breasteses

Outside the fact that some of the voice actors are just magnitudes better on the female side than the male..... same for DA:2 and Mass Effect.

Then I also do it because it freaks out/puzzles people like the OP. Not an insignificant bonus. If simply by playing a different gender character can "troll" some intolerant or ignorant person, well - whom am I to say no to that.

Edited by xandax

oh dear, another thread with the same old story

bud? make a search and see the older answers from others why

seeshh!!!

easily some1 will say ... why dudes play with a dude toon? they like to watch male *** all the time? cuz thats is so gay.... and he will has a valid point

lot of players dont give a darn for RP and such

Edited by Kissakias

Why?

Well, first, I don't relate to characters in film or games based upon their gender. The way they think is far more significant to me. And because you can essentially choose what your character thinks in this game, I find any character in swotor relatively easy to relate to.

But I was thinking about this the other day and something really struck me as I was trying to gear Xalek. I tried for two hours to assemble an orange set for him that didn't look ridiculous and only kind of sort of succeeded despite spending in excess of 300k on appearance alone.

The male models in most MMOs these days are all buffed up, like pro bodybuilders, and even the purportedly diminutive models end up looking like Superman. This reminds me of some kind of high school football hero ideal, which is something I find off-putting to begin with. Second, either by virtue of the pronounced boxiness or the sheer girth of male models in these games, armor graphics end up stretched and distorted and therefore looking relatively bad on their frames. That gear you spend hours acquiring and customizing and tweaking? Almost always looks cooler and higher quality when it's relatively unstretched, hanging on something that isn't cut like a refrigerator. In a way, then, I find that playing one of the male models kind of cheapens a major part of the game's reward system.

Idk about the female voice actors being better necessarily (I'm not saying they are bad but I really enjoy Nolan North and the Jedi Knight voice actor).

It basically comes down to what you want out of the game. If you want to roleplay a specific character and that character design you have is female, then so is the character. If you want to project yourself onto your avatar then being the same gender makes sense.

If you're playing this game for the game mechanics (I'm just here to run raids with my friends or pvp or whatever, or just see a story, or play wow with better graphics, or whatever) then they'll probably play whatever looks appealing or cool or fun or funny or completely randomized.

In the words of Joe Dirt's dad "Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does. "