Why are people against a LFG Tool

Enistre

People who oppose a LFG tool are living in some sort of dream world where everyone is best friends.

Remember how hard it was to find groups in WoW during LK, spamming trade for a healer or tank for an hour just for the run to fall apart 30 seconds in.

What about when people are online off hours and no one is around? Sorry you are SOL, should play during peak times?

Remember how it was utterly impossible to get groups for the older dungeons while leveling up

The LFD tool in WoW did not make anyone more or less social. It made things smoother

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it is an success that people randomly insult others in such groups?

It is an success that people randomly kick others in such groups because of loot, dps meters....?

That people ninja every item they can get, while those who need it cant get it?

A success that nobody talks in such groups anymore, that the game feels like a singleplayer game now?

Dude your definition of success is kinda funny, but sad too.

You know when ppl spam for groups all this same stuff happens.

If I am a ninja looter I will ninjaloot no matter what. I doubt not having a LFG tool is going to make me less of a ninjalooter.

Having a LFG tool is not the cause for these problems.

People who oppose a LFG tool are living in some sort of dream world where everyone is best friends.

They are just afraid of losing their virtual pixel friends they will never see in real life, and just die with the game or when they quit playing it.

Oh, that neeeeever happened before the LFG tool. :rolleyes:

I've had more than one tank leave because they weren't willing to work with the group, and when a tank left in vanilla or BC, pretty much everyone else did to, because it's going to take an hour to find another tank.

I like what was said above, if you need an MMO to fill your social needs, you've got bigger problems than an LFG tool. Let me clue some of you in, and MMO doesn't mean forced interaction. It means that a massive amount of players can play in a persistent world. It doesn't and never has meant "forced socialization." 70% of my guild are real life friends, and still sometimes they aren't on, or are not in a position to run something, and i don't personally want to waste all the time I have, because I have work and family duties, searching for online friends. I want to do the content and gear up my dude.

I think the whole community thing is just a red herring. The people who want these tools probably have more social lives than those who don't.

I find it funny how you LFG people can only insult others that dont agree with you.

Did you ever think about the fact, that exactly this is the reason why you dont find people? Your attitude and rude behaivour?

I can definately say that I dont have problems with the social life outside of this game, nor inside.

It is wrong of you to think that those who like to talk with others in a game, are somekind of animal sitting in their room 24/7.

Remember how hard it was to find groups in WoW during LK, spamming trade for a healer or tank for an hour just for the run to fall apart 30 seconds in.

What about when people are online off hours and no one is around? Sorry you are SOL, should play during peak times?

Remember how it was utterly impossible to get groups for the older dungeons while leveling up

The LFD tool in WoW did not make anyone more or less social. It made things smoother

Exactly.

With how many group quests are in this games I wish it was easier to find a group.

Now I roll my eyes when I get a group quest right now because I have to spam chat for 30 or so mins to get a group together.

If anything having a LFD tool IMPROVES community because it will clear the general chat of all the "LFG/LFM" spam. Sometimes there is good convo going on but then a bunch of the LFG/LFM spam kills it.

Edited by Crash-X

I'd like to see the LFG tool improved enough to replace the spamming in General chat.

It should:

Allow people to clearly flag what they are looking for. (LFG)

Show the AC/Lvl/Spec of LFGers.

Allow people to place group adverts (LFM).

Be available to all players regardless of location.

It should not:

Be cross server.

Auto-form groups.

Port to/from flashpoints (Not via the tool anyway. I do think the current state needs some streamlining for all travel)

As an example, the LFG tool in DDO was pretty good (at least at the beginning, not played for ages). It helped put you in touch with other players wanting to group up, but still left you to sort out the details amongst yourselves.

If the game becomes a case of logging in to autoqueue for PvP and/or Flashpoints, then it stops being an MMO, and becomes a lobby game like Diablo.

This way you get to know people, start to recognise players you've grouped with before, and eventually build friendships and/or reputations. This is how new guilds or regular groups get formed, and everyone benefits in the long run. The price is only a bit less convenience in the short term.

You know when ppl spam for groups all this same stuff happens.

If I am a ninja looter I will ninjaloot no matter what. I doubt not having a LFG tool is going to make me less of a ninjalooter.

Having a LFG tool is not the cause for these problems.

Do you really think you could find a group, if you are rude and steal loot? In wow such people got listed on a blacklist and had no chance of ever setting a feet into a dungeon again.

At LFG tool it doesnt matter, millions of people play - you always find someone to rob.

When talking about an LFG tool people need to remind themselves, there's different things players want.

In WoW, the new LFG tool took away some of the consequences players, who behave unsocially, otherwise would have suffered, because you met people from other servers, that you would probably never meet again after the dungeon run.

And with the instant port you get it gave you less reason to travel around in the actual world.

People in favor of such a tool like the convenience it offers to players. Everybody, who has played WoW before the LFG tool was redone knows how much of a pain it was to look for a group for a certain dungeon for hours. How annoying it was to get two people to actually fly to the dungeon to summon the rest of the group.

My opinion is that I'm totally in favor of such a tool, as I love to just select a dungeon, wait 20-30 minutes and get a group together. When the group falls apart it doesn't take long to get new players into the group. When looking for other players, I'm not restricted to my own server anymore, which speeds things up quite a lot. And I don't always have to be the one searching for group members.

As for the social side - to be honest, there were players, who acted unsocially even before the tool was redone. Maybe the number of such players increased. But it's also a lot easier to just remove those players and get someone else.

As for the traveling aspect, I don't mind if I don't have to run from one end of the world the other in order to do a dungeon, that I've already done 100 times.

This is WoW, of course, but this is where most players experienced such an LFG tool.

As for Star Wars - the game is quite new. I probably won't mind having to run around a bit or to spend some time looking for players. But who knows how that will change in the next weeks, months or years.

So the best thing we can do is to relax and wait and see.

people are against cause they have no lives. they like to spam chat and try to find a party for an hour.

Seriously there is no reason to be against it. They need a cross server Looking for group , it would make our lives a whole lot easier since we wont be spamming chat or waiting a hour to find a party. I kinda just gave up on doing 4man heroics and flashpoints cause it takes too long for me to find a party.

Ok it is an success that people randomly insult others in such groups?

It happens on ghetto servers too. People will just call you "bad at something" and then exclude you whenever you try to learn how to play certain roles which takes higher levels of responsability, like tanking or healing. LFD allowed trial-and-error learning basics for them to learn how to play such roles without facing the hate of their own ghetto communities.

It is an success that people randomly kick others in such groups because of loot, dps meters....?

Well, if you are not capable of pulling your weight through the instance, then you are worthless and deserve to be kicked, just as simple as that. Let alone rolling on the basis of "hunter gear".

That people ninja every item they can get, while those who need it cant get it?

A success that nobody talks in such groups anymore, that the game feels like a singleplayer game now?

Ninja looting is not an excuse anymore, specially if the tool is done well and restrictions on what people can roll on, and the penalties they may suffer are placed from the beginning. I.E, in WoW as a Holy Paladin, you can't roll Need on cloth Healer gear. And, if a Bind on Equip gearpiece drops, you can't roll Need without being it soulbound to you.

Dude your definition of success is kinda funny, but sad too.

This is denial of facts, which I find inferior and doesn't worth the time to respond to it.

Edited by Orisai

Do you really think you could find a group, if you are rude and steal loot? In wow such people got listed on a blacklist and had no chance of ever setting a feet into a dungeon again.

At LFG tool it doesnt matter, millions of people play - you always find someone to rob.

These type of people really don't care about that. That's why they do it. My point is having a LFG tool is not going to change the person.

I think what it does is make it easier to find groups, so now you are running into more people.

But right now it is a inconvenience to me to see a heroic 4 man and have to find a group. Since I am a tank it is quite easy to find DPS...but a healer?

"LF Healer for ______" for the next 30 mins at least.

LFG tool is for plebs and whack kents, get a group of people that know how to talk in a channel and send tells and not be behind keyboard weirdos.

this game crushes all mmos on its social factor, LFG tool is a waste, start your own groups you lazy bads and talk to people and co ordinate, things work better that way

LFG tool is for plebs and whack kents, get a group of people that know how to talk in a channel and send tells and not be behind keyboard weirdos.

this game crushes all mmos on its social factor, LFG tool is a waste, start your own groups you lazy bads and talk to people and co ordinate, things work better that way

Get outta here with that.

Lazy? I'm sorry I actually want to play the game and not spend time spamming chat. Meh, most of the people I PUG with seem to know what they are doing and don't hardly need to talk. For THESE quest are not that hard that you need some type of complex coordination pal.

i dont ever remember LK being hard to find a group.

i remember BC being a nightmare of finding 2 mages, or maybe 1 mage 1 rogue, and a healer, because i was one of the dps classes that didn't have cc, and then spamming trade for a tank while begging tanks on friends list and asking other to beg their friends... or using the LFG tool and if you made it to an instance with the original five members you were in the 1% category.

There are way too many posts that I feel the need to respond to, so instead I'm just going to boil down everything bullet-point style.

1. If you have no interest in building a community, please don't play this game. An MMO, by its very nature, forces interaction with other players. You're welcome to run around and do everything solo if you really want to, but talking trash about people who actually care about the community is callous and rude. Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people shouldn't.

2. Auto-group tools kill communities. There is no accountability when a new groupmate is a click away.

3. There is no, "Just don't use it," when talking about LFG tools. When a community has become saturated with a tool, not using it simply isn't an option. You either use it, or you don't get groups. Even if you don't want to use it, you still have to, because there just aren't enough players around who refuse to use it.

4. The current LFG tool is fine. It could stand to be a little more easily accessable, but it's functional and unobtrusive. The problem is that nobody uses it. Instead of crying that there's no LFG tool, take the time to spread the word about the one that's available, and make use of it yourself. In time, it may actually become a well-seasoned tool that everybody can use.

Edited by Greyfeld

A LFG Tool exist, people just rarely use it. The tool is very similar to what FFXI uses, and it does work. The current tool just needs some slight tweaking, and maybe capabilities of being more precise. Reflecting on the system FFXI uses, the LFG icon could change color depending on what you're looking for. Maybe purple (the current) for Flashpoints, green for Heroic quests that aren't part of a Flashpoint, yellow for someone trying to sell a specific item they don't want to sell over the GTN, etc etc etc. The use of comments has many many applications that FFXI was able to capitalize on, there's no reason we can't do that here.

The real problem is, people need to actually use it and edit their own comments. Most people are used to just having to queue, or to spam trade. If BW refuses to cater to these people with unwavering playstyles, the players will eventually start using said tool. Until then, we're gonna keep seeing these threads pop up every day.

Edited by PaintOnASign

Spamming in fleet is not = to community, however... The LFG system IS SERVER WIDE but ppl don't know how to use it yet... If you got into "who" it automatically searches what planet ur on, clear the name and search and it's everyone. If ppl would pay attention and lrn2lrn, you could go around and quest. Bioware, sticky a thread about how to use the social tab and eliminate the ignorance... Sick of it

Edit: Did you also know that if you include the instance name also in ur lfg comment and someone searches that name (i.e. "Hammer Station") in the social tab your lfg will come up? Information is magical isn't it?

So there's a LFD tool in-game already.

Well, if you are not capable of pulling your weight through the instance, then you are worthless and deserve to be kicked, just as simple as that. Let alone rolling on the basis of "hunter gear".

Thats the attitude I dont like.

I have to say I never ever got kicked from a dungeon in wow, but I saw many people getting kicked, my veto didnt matter ....

Why does the healer get kicked, if 3 dps stand in fire? He did nothing wrong, still he will be kicked as they died and blame him / her. Same does apply to tanks, who lose aggro if the pyro mage nukes before the tank is even in range of the mob.

To assume that people get kicked because they are bad is wrong. I have seen people getting kicked because they didnt do 15k dps few weeks after release of cata. We did those heroics with 8-9kdps at release (numbers dont need to be 100% correct but you get the point I hope).

A mother once had to open the door for her kid, she got kicked... And even if someone is new to the game and doesnt know better, why not help him? Is it so hard to tell him what he did wrong? Ah right, you dont want to talk in a game... its easier to hit a button, I know :(

I could go on with giving you reasons why such a tool is bad, but I see that you are blind and dont want to see any of them. So I am holding my breath for now, and wish you well.

A LFG Tool exist, people just rarely use it. The tool is very similar to what FFXI uses, and it does work. The problem is, people need to actually use it and edit their own comments. Most people are used to just having to queue, or to spam trade. If BW refuses to cater to these people with unwavering playstyles, the players will eventually start using said tool. Until then, we're gonna keep seeing these threads pop up every day.

an LFG tool that is less effective than trade chat is useless, and the current tool is less effective than emotes.

an LFG tool that is less effective than trade chat is useless, and the current tool is less effective than emotes.

Circular logic is circular.

"I don't use the LFD function, because it's worthless. The LFD function is worthless because nobody uses it."