Early Access?! Really?!

wairuakaha

Using a one year old rig geared for high end gaming and with an internet connection well capable of smooth video download even during daily peak times it took me SIX FLIPPIN HOURS (!!!!) to download and install patch 2.0.

While I am grateful they are attending to urgent fixes today with another 2 hour down time and another patch to download and install I fail to see how meaningful this early access is before the expansion is rolled out to the rest of the gaming population from this weekend. This early access is more of a joke if you actually hold a full time job or full time studies (which I am assuming relates to majority of folks that play this game) since your daily window to actually get acquainted with the numerous significant changes and then to actually get around to playing the new content is small.

Yes this is a rant and for having secured something "special" (i.e. early access), the actual benefit (i.e. early access) is less meaningful than it couldve been

Rant over :rolleyes:

Edited by wairuakaha

Using a one year old rig geared for high end gaming and with an internet connection well capable of smooth video download even during daily peak times it took me SIX FLIPPIN HOURS (!!!!) to download and install patch 2.0.

While I am grateful they are attending to urgent fixes today with another 2 hour down time and another patch to download and install I fail to see how meaningful this early access is before the expansion is rolled out to the rest of the gaming population from this weekend. This early access is more of a joke if you actually hold a full time job or full time studies (which I am assuming relates to majority of folks that play this game) since your daily window to actually get acquainted with the numerous significant changes and then to actually get around to playing the new content is small.

Yes this is a rant and for having secured something "special" (i.e. early access), the actual benefit (i.e. early access) is less meaningful than it couldve been

TL;DR Buy faster internets.

A dial up connection will give you this. Seriously. It took me a half hour to download this. Reported for trolling.

TROLLING?! I just related my experience kok-head!

and FYI no one except perhaps the Mid-West of the U.S. still use dial-ups for internet connection.

and FYI no one except perhaps the Mid-West of the U.S. still use dial-ups for internet connection.

And now reported for masked profanity and insulting the Mid West.

Those guys work hard to grow those potatoes to make our McDonald fries. You give them the respect they deserve.

That's why I set it to download before I went to bed.

That's a solution that would require common sense, but we all know the word "common" is misleading especially on this forum and this thread in particular.

Edited by Hardwear

That's a solution that would require common sense, but we all know the word "common" is misleading especially on this forum.

The word "sense" is also a foreign concept. You might as well speak in Wookiee to these people.

WRAAAAAAUGHOOOOOO WAGAGAGAGA! RAAAAAAAAAAUGHEEEEERA!

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

What the-

Lister! I thought you quit back when Allies dropped!

How ya been man?

Oh you know, hanging in there a little to the left.

Getting back into the game, early release and what, figured I'd see what you jokers were up to. How about yourself?

Still crazy.

Yeah, the General Chat in-game's not much different. PVPers complaining they got nerfed. People complaining they didn't get refunded for removed skills. People complaining about same-sex flirtings. People complaining about Early Access.

Glad to see the General Community Forum still has that level of class.

i read through thread and it seemed no one helped you so hear it goes ...

i do not think you have a good of a connection and or system as you might think ...

took me 6 mins to download on laptops and main gaming home rig ... you may be getting throttled from your ISP sounds like maybe... if i had to guess which sucks ... who is your provider ? is it cable? have you called them to see if you have 40/50 meg service ... and make sure your paying not to get throttled in someplaces?

as far as the rest of your complaints yes this "expansion" has about 6-10 hours of storyline depending on how much you smell the roses :)

Edited by Trushott

Yeah, your connection must be a little out of whack. It took my about half an hour last night on a laptop over wifi and about 15 minutes on my old desktop...with a Core 2 Quad and GTS 250. I didn't even have lag issues in the game for all the hours I spent there today. I will say that gradual slowing of load screens was annoying and eventually I just got off for the night, but there servers are handling the traffic load fine.

It is the bugs that will get us...

Well actually, people do still use dial up. I do IT work on the side and did a job for a lady last week that still uses dial up. And I live right outside of Philadelphia, PA, not close to the mid west.

i read through thread and it seemed no one helped you so hear it goes ...

i do not think you have a good of a connection and or system as you might think ...

took me 6 mins to download on laptops and main gaming home rig ... you may be getting throttled from your ISP sounds like maybe... if i had to guess which sucks ... who is your provider ? is it cable? have you called them to see if you have 40/50 meg service ... and make sure your paying not to get throttled in someplaces?

as far as the rest of your complaints yes this "expansion" has about 6-10 hours of storyline depending on how much you smell the roses :)

Thanks for that. Suffice to say yours was the first constructive response.

Well, 6 mins?! Guess that helps to put things in perspective. I doubt its my machine unless something is hindering download speed. Its time to call my ISP (again!)

Cheers for describing your experience :)

Not everyone has super-fast cable or super-faster FIOS. I feel lucky that Verizon upgraded our local network this past year, doubling my 1.5 Gb line to 3 Gb. (3 Gb, I might add, isn't even classified as "broadband" by the Federal government.)

It took me just under 3 hours from starting the d/l to being able to play.

With a mediocre computer and the cheapest cable internet service available in my area, I woke up at 4 a.m., started the download, and went back to bed. By the time I crawled out of bed at 7 a.m., it was done. I exited the launcher and got ready for work. I now have a level 51 Gunslinger. Edited by nateslice

That's why I set it to download before I went to bed.

Hmm did that..actually kicked it off 2 hours before going to be (8pm AEST to be precise). Try downloading however many gig halfway around the world. I'd just finished the 1st part of the download (2.3GB) at 7am this morning (averaging 120Kbps). Turned my rig off before going to work. Now it's started back up again only to find out another patch is going to happen on the existing patch.

Oh and before you say its my rig or my connection..try having anything extremely fast in this country when 90% of all home internet connections are through a standard copper line.

Edited by Jinsali

Lol I live in Australia (which we all know has much worse internet than America) and I was able to download it MUCH faster than you (~35-40mins). I suggest you look into faster net options.

Lol I live in Australia (which we all know has much worse internet than America) and I was able to download it MUCH faster than you (~35-40mins). I suggest you look into faster net options.

As do I, and it took me more than 45 mins to download, try 8 hours. You must be one of the very few people that are on the new NBN or actually were able to get cable run to your house BEFORE Telstra and Optus decided to not to run anymore cable in Australia for residential housing or not getting routed through a 50 year old telephone exchange that runs a split copper line to your house.

Edited by Jinsali