Dear Bioware, dont ever do early access for a expansion again

CrazyyMage

Sad. I was hoping for a well stated thread.

Personally, I agree with the OP.

I think Early Access causes nothing but issues. Here we have a situation now, where people without RotHC will log into the game, see all the adverts for it, buy it, but be unable to actually use that content until 5 days from now. We have these new Advanced Skill training, that everyone can see, but only Early Access can buy. But there's no indication that Advanced Skills require RotHC.

Honestly, I've never seen a game do early access for an Expansion before. It's always been "You buy it, you can play it". Bioware seems to love setting bizarre precedents in MMOs, and I'm really not sure if that's for the better.

Good reason for early access is to avoid congestion at the release date. I am all for early access to every upcoming dlc and expansion.

Plus it is really funny reading post by ppl who chose not to get early access then complain about not getting it! :D

Mummy's credit card must have been maxed out from Xmas.

I still haven't heard a real legitimate reason for not doing early access.

I mean, it's 5 days. It's five damn days. I know people who saw the preorder in January included 5 days early access and said, "Fudge that, that's the point even? It's just 5 days, I don't care."

It's not even a whole damn week. Let's ignore the way they paste the APRIL 14th date stamp all over everywhere, I don't understand the horrible pain people are experiencing by not playing on a specific planet, and having to wait 5 days.

Are you the same guys that complain if a game comes out in *** or EUR a week early? It's just a hobby, it's just a form of entertainment, it's not your life, it doesn't effect your life, gain some perspective.

its only 4 days. its not a big deal. i swear I've seen some people on the forums whine because they have to wait 4 days. I pre-ordered because i saw that it clearly said "5 days early access", and even with the obvious text in plain view, people chose to not purchase. And here we are now, release for the early accesses , and now people regret their decision, and make up some lame excuse about it not being fair. just pitiful. i'm not buying any story about this being unfair.

I'm not even playing it right now til the weekend because i'm waiting for my friend, so we can do the thing together. So i kinda defeated my purpose of the pre-order huh? whatever, its 4 days, i can take the time to go outside and socialize, before i get locked in my house and not leave for the week. :D

I think Early Access causes nothing but issues. Here we have a situation now, where people without RotHC will log into the game, see all the adverts for it, buy it, but be unable to actually use that content until 5 days from now..

But that's the whole point!

Edited by Machine-Elf

I think they shouldn't have done early access, because i was expecting the update itself at the end of the week, and had time to prepare. After all, the commendation transfer and the banishing of tioense/columi gear isn't a small thing. I needed the time to grind an operative from 41 to 50 to get her a tionese set for PVP, and I still had WAY over the limit for commendations. I was intending to spend those so I wouldn't lose the effort it took to get those...

And of course, Bioware had patched it a week early, meaning that all the things I had put off hit me in the face and ran off laughing. Really. Not. Cool.

I still haven't heard a real legitimate reason for not doing early access.

I mean, it's 5 days. It's five damn days. I know people who saw the preorder in January included 5 days early access and said, "Fudge that, that's the point even? It's just 5 days, I don't care."

It's not even a whole damn week. Let's ignore the way they paste the APRIL 14th date stamp all over everywhere, I don't understand the horrible pain people are experiencing by not playing on a specific planet, and having to wait 5 days.

Are you the same guys that complain if a game comes out in *** or EUR a week early? It's just a hobby, it's just a form of entertainment, it's not your life, it doesn't effect your life, gain some perspective.

It's the same people who complain about everything. They complain there is no content, then refuse to support the game when content is offered. The people that have supported the game, to make it thrive, have been given their reward.

Folks should think a little more about this in the future. A 10$ pre-order was less than people have been paying for single armour sets in the Cartel Market.

Sad. I was hoping for a well stated thread.

Personally, I agree with the OP.

I think Early Access causes nothing but issues. Here we have a situation now, where people without RotHC will log into the game, see all the adverts for it, buy it, but be unable to actually use that content until 5 days from now. We have these new Advanced Skill training, that everyone can see, but only Early Access can buy. But there's no indication that Advanced Skills require RotHC.

Honestly, I've never seen a game do early access for an Expansion before. It's always been "You buy it, you can play it". Bioware seems to love setting bizarre precedents in MMOs, and I'm really not sure if that's for the better.

I appreciate that you bothered to articulate what was bugging you, unlike the OP, but have to disagree, we who bought the expansion early have been waiting for nearly four months, and are essentially bug finders, we get early access, find most of the bugs, and are enjoying it, when you get it you will have less bugs, don't hate us, love us.

Early access is a good policy. Not just to get early pre orders in so they can gauge marketing strategy , but because it gets a staggered launch.

I mentioned in general chat last night, the one lesson I've taken from makeb in the 6 hours or so I've been there on my first toon is this. I wont be going there next week with any other toon, I'll do afew dailies and build up some xp so they are perhaps 51 when I start taking all my alts through it in a couple of weeks, I mentioned it in general and a fair few others were planning the same.

The lag is bad now with 20+ instances , it will be worse when its opened up to the rest. If it was just one single mad rush of everyone, it would be unplayable.

Dear Bioware,

Please continue to provide early access for the "expansions" you plan to release for the game. It provides a small perk for the early adopters and also allows for some minor additional testing after release and the PTS. I am a grown adult and quite capable of making rational decisions on when to make an advance purchase for an item. I accept the consequences that may come with that, as well as the consequences that come when I decide to wait until after an announced deadline or the product is released. Again, I am a grown adult and realize that choices do indeed have perks and drawbacks in everything I do.

So yes, please continue with this program of early access to reward in a small way those who have faith in the content you are creating and will release. My slush fund is ready and waiting for the Super Secret Space Project announcement and Pre-order window.

I think they shouldn't have done early access, because i was expecting the update itself at the end of the week, and had time to prepare. After all, the commendation transfer and the banishing of tioense/columi gear isn't a small thing. I needed the time to grind an operative from 41 to 50 to get her a tionese set for PVP, and I still had WAY over the limit for commendations. I was intending to spend those so I wouldn't lose the effort it took to get those...

And of course, Bioware had patched it a week early, meaning that all the things I had put off hit me in the face and ran off laughing. Really. Not. Cool.

It was really obvious that 2.0 was hitting on the 9th.