WARNING: Do NOT buy a physical authenticator from BioWare!!!!

mattjgibson

I got my authenticator with my CE. Worked fine until today. Now it doesn't work at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acoljRl40BI

Now I'm locked out of my account and have been waiting in queue for a customer service rep for over three hours.

Thanks for this worthless piece of junk, BioWare. It's almost as good as the soundtrack CD that skips or the faulty Malgus statue stand. $150 well worth it.

RSA SecurID from my work: still works after 8 years.

BioWare authenticator (Digipass GO 6): lasted 4 days.

Edited by mattjgibson

So your statue was broken, your soundtrack was beat up, and you're surprised the authenticator isn't working? Someone run over your box?

My old WoW authenticator I've had for at least two or three years is the same type/brand and still works fine. Just got a bad one, sorry.

Statue wasn't broken, the stand for Malgus has holes misplaced, so I can't put Malgus on the stand. Soundtrack isn't beat up, the disc is unscratched but it is skippy like a super scratched CD would be. Four different CD players I have tried.

I got my authenticator with my CE. Worked fine until today. Now it doesn't work at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acoljRl40BI

Now I'm locked out of my account and have been waiting in queue for a customer service rep for over three hours.

Thanks for this worthless piece of junk, BioWare. It's almost as good as the soundtrack CD that skips or the faulty Malgus statue stand. $150 well worth it.

RSA SecurID from my work: still works after 8 years.

BioWare authenticator (Digipass GO 6): lasted 4 days.

After watching that video, just buy another one since it seems you like to waste money see you bought that over priced SW:TOR mouse. And if that doesn't work, just keep buying them til one works.

Android. No app for Android. And I doubt that'd solve my problem.

If you account says that its acutally locked try changing your password and see if that works. i know when I had issues with the security questions that allowed me to unlock the account. once unlocked see if you can get the key to work.

Not trying to fuel a fire or anything here but I believe you have to press and hold the button on the device for it to come on... Based on the video, it didn't look like you were doing that. Failing that, not sure if the battery is replaceable or not.

Just got off the phone with customer support.... YAY!!!

Or not.

The lady who spoke extremely broken English had no idea what I was talking about. Put me on hold three times. Picked up the phone the last time and said "the issue will be escalated, someone might call you within 24 hours, please be waiting, sorry" and hung up.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, BIOWARE?! If this is the level of support I am to expect, it makes my decision quite simple when it comes to a subscription.

Android. No app for Android. And I doubt that'd solve my problem.

If you account says that its acutally locked try changing your password and see if that works. i know when I had issues with the security questions that allowed me to unlock the account. once unlocked see if you can get the key to work.

Just got off the phone with customer support.... YAY!!!

Or not.

The lady who spoke extremely broken English had no idea what I was talking about. Put me on hold three times. Picked up the phone the last time and said "the issue will be escalated, someone might call you within 24 hours, please be waiting, sorry" and hung up.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, BIOWARE?! If this is the level of support I am to expect, it makes my decision quite simple when it comes to a subscription.

welcome to outsourcing. Free trade is destroying established economies but no one does anything to adjust it.

Read again m8, it's locked by authenticator. Without the authenticator's code there is nothing you can do. It generates an unique digit code that can be received only trough it.

I had my broken in WoW too, the only way to deactivate the option was to confirm it with the same authenticator "unique" code.

Edited by Boefje