Why the sudden nerfs to Gunslingers?

Icedanno

Look at the notes, I can only assume you didn't, and you will see 2 of or instant big damage attacks were removed. Our damage buffs were reduced and... so on and so on...

Those abilities were removed from every class because they were deemed utterly useless wastes of space.

Don't feel bad, I am a PvE player, do not PvP, and they took two of my favorite abilities away that I used all the time. The pommel strike and vicious (savage) kick. They were not considering the PvEers when they did this. Again, Bioware put emphasis on the PvP players to the detriment of us PvE players. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Don't feel bad, I am a PvE player, do not PvP, and they took two of my favorite abilities away that I used all the time. The pommel strike and vicious kick. They were not considering the PvEers when they did this. Again, Bioware put emphasis on the PvP players to the detriment of us PvE players.

That makes no sense; the abilities weren't usable in PvP anyway.

Don't feel bad, I am a PvE player, do not PvP, and they took two of my favorite abilities away that I used all the time. The pommel strike and vicious (savage) kick. They were not considering the PvEers when they did this. Again, Bioware put emphasis on the PvP players to the detriment of us PvE players.

But even in PVE they were next to useless, since they were not usable on any bosses or the like. I mean was killing trashmobs maybe one GCD faster really that important?

Edited by Arutar

That makes no sense; the abilities weren't usable in PvP anyway.

I think that's the point. They were useful in PvE. This game is not a PvP only game but Bioware takes them out because they aren't useful in PvP despite the fact that many, many people use them PvE.

I think that's the point. They were useful in PvE. This game is not a PvP only game but Bioware takes them out because they aren't useful in PvP despite the fact that many, many people use them PvE.

They have the metrics, and the metrics told them that 'many, many' people did not use them, hence their removal.

Don't feel bad, I am a PvE player, do not PvP, and they took two of my favorite abilities away that I used all the time. The pommel strike and vicious (savage) kick. They were not considering the PvEers when they did this. Again, Bioware put emphasis on the PvP players to the detriment of us PvE players.

Yeah, that's why you get all the content.

Seriously, if you can't accomplish your PvE objectives without these two extremely situational skills, you need to rethink your choice in class. I've never used these incapacitated attacks on ANY of my 6 characters.

These skills were noob traps and useless to all play styles. It just wasn't very apparent to everyone...

"OK, cool, I stunned this guy. I am totally going to use my cc-only skill with 1800 base damage instead of my skill that is available all the time for 1800 base damage!"

Never once used or bought these skills from the trainer after first toon. NO use. Meaning that while you COULD use them. There were always better alternatives. Now you will do BETTER for not being able to use them. And this has nothing to do with pvp nor ever has.

But even in PVE they were next to useless, since they were not usable on any bosses or the like. I mean was killing trashmobs maybe one GCD faster really that important?

Their uselessness you mentioned is just another reason not to remove them. Why not just let them be for people who use them if they make no difference? Others can remove it from quickbars. More options make better game. Existence of those abilities didn't harm anybody.

Edited by zzoorrzz

Their uselessness you mentioned is just another reason not to remove them. Why not just let them be for people who use them if they make no difference? Others can remove it from quickbars. More options make better game. Existence of those abilities didn't harm anybody.

There is cap on the amount of abilities a player can train. Speeders and pets count against this total. A while back people were having problems because they would access a vehicle but they were over the cap so the vehicle/pet/emote or whatever would vanish into the ether.

It was probably easier to remove some of the more useless abilities from the game than to raise that cap (that sounds like something that would be a part of the engine). And now we have new abilities and they are always adding stuff to the Cartel Market so squeezing as much room out of the ability cap was probably the goal. Just my guess but from stuff I've read seems like the most rational.

It was probably easier to remove some of the more useless abilities from the game than to raise that cap (that sounds like something that would be a part of the engine).

They raised the cap a few months ago. Regardless, removing a measly two skills would hardly alleviate pet/mount bloat.

Only reason I could see why they would be removed.
AFAICT their existence mortally offended a large enough faction that EA considered their removal. When they consulted their almighty metrics, they found them to be underutilized.

Clearly they didn't bother to figure out why these skills weren't used all that often. They're situational and require setup. I never used Tumult on my Sage (ranged dps) but I used Pommel Strike and Opportune Strike all the time on my Sentinel (melee dps) when doing my dailies. So now I get to either use my basic attack or burn a cooldown on trash.

Well that's just nifty.

Yes, my Gunslinger is so useless now.

Devs, if you read this: PLEASE DON'T NERF IT BRO'S!

.. Oh, how could I think that. Smash spec went untouched forever, this will too.. I'll have another time in the light making people cry left and right. :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.