lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster isn't really designed to work with ewh/wh as it's no longer avalible.

ergo-you can only b**** if you wanted to pown L 30-new 50s with min maxed EWH with gear advantage.

Stop complaining, get empty/greens/go naked...

if you expected to have twice hp then a L 40 and one shot them, you just got served.

lowbies is where you level/collect comms for L 55, not to boost your ego with min maxed gear.

Man, the full point is, why "naked" set is better than ANY gear set?

The problem here is that some people who yesterday were max-leveld, min/maxed-EWH-geared fighting machines can't adapt fast enough to the fact that a couple of hours later they became lowbies with useless vintage gear. Get used to it. It's an inevitable side effect of expansions with additional levels and gear.

Running around naked for optimization purposes is an inevitable side effect of expansions?

Really?

Maybe you should start playing an MMORPG and not all those rated 18+ years games. :D

I am not having this experience - at least not on my shadow. She's BIS EWH and taking everything off lowers my stats in WZs. Haven't tried my others yet. Is it possible it's only certain specs or ACs?

That said, I am dying very fast as a shadow tank in a MUCH lower TTK. Barely have time to do very much before I am dead again. Something is clearly not working correctly but I have only done 2 WZs so far.

I will try and answer some of these questions for you on naked PVP <Sith Sorc... madness spec>

ALL stats, not just main stats are effected and up scaled... but maybe not to the way you would have done them... ie my crit only goes up to 26% when naked, but my surge is 77%... my Activation is 7. something... damage increase is noticeable... and my health jumps to 24000+... and Expertise is over 2000

Before the 2.0 release I had Elite WH gear... that I had customised to get the stats that I wanted... I had 35% crit, 75% Surge, 8 Activation... 22000+ health

First PVP I went into nearly made me quit the game in discussed... a lvl 33 "green armor" sorc had 24000+ health... I thought ***... anyway I went on to get smash in that PVP... someone on our fleet suggested naked PVP... guess what it works... better stats than my Elite WH gear

I tested some things with different stats... ie Power, crit, expertise in my lightsabre... it actually gave me less stats then being naked

I have tested "orange" empty shell armor and weapons... it is the same as being naked... I have tested my Columi gear... worse than being naked... but better than Elite WH gear

I have yet to test any low lvl green gear, but I think it would be the same

I have tested some old lvl 47 PvE armor I had in my cargo hold... worse again than naked

So I guess until they "fix" the bolster system, everyone will be playing naked or in empty orange shell armor

Now that was what I was waiting for :)

Thanks for that, and damage reduction (armor raitng)? If putting any mod in actually lowers stats, then

either, they want people to pvp naked in lowbie PVP -note I said lowbie- to exclude gear disadvantage

or

this has have to be tweaked a bit.

Stop complaining. You all wanted gear progression. Here it is.

1. Go in with your full min-maxed EWH Gear

2. take off your helmet

3. take off your gloves

4. take off your bracers

5. take off your boots

6. take off your belt

7. take off your chest piece

8. take out your relics, earpiece and adrenals

9. take off your pants (and if you are leet, you do a sexy dance at the same time.

10. pwn

There you go. 10 steps worth of progression.

I am not having this experience - at least not on my shadow. She's BIS EWH and taking everything off lowers my stats in WZs. Haven't tried my others yet. Is it possible it's only certain specs or ACs?

That said, I am dying very fast as a shadow tank in a MUCH lower TTK. Barely have time to do very much before I am dead again. Something is clearly not working correctly but I have only done 2 WZs so far.

Are you sure it is lowering your stats? Check your HP and your expertise, also your main stat will go up.. Some stats might go down like the crit rating, but who cares ? You are getting , at least I am , 7k crits anyhow and almost everything lands a 5k crit.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

The thing is - bw robbed us of our pvp gear, which means all that time to get it was spent in vain.

And one more thing. Why should I grind gear for pve? I want to simply equip green **** and be competitive with the players who cleared the end game content.

The whole point of bolster is to make it even for everybody.. What? Did you want to go back and bash on undergeared people and feel good about yourself?

No... but when you can play with no gear at all and have better stats than some who is geared... even green geared...

Then there is certainly something wrong...

And 2 hit kills... what's the point?... no skill there... just point and shoot

And forget taking on 2 people at once... lol... instant death

So no... we don't want to go back to bashing under geared people... although if they made an effort like the rest of us to just have gear for the level they are at... ie if you lvl 33 wear lvl 33 gear... not lvl 20 and then whinge that the better geared people are killing you

This is probably the wise comment of the full thraet. I completely agree with it

OMG are people so thick headed that they want this to be about something it is not just so they can be confrontational?

Yes. I just totally cannot adapt by taking all my clothes off and running around naked. :serioussmiley:

^ this :rolleyes:

I want to go home from work now, create a type 4 body type juggernaut male, call him mcdonalds and smashmonkey everything naked!

Way ahead of you. have body type 4 twilek male and body type 3 female pureblood. just waiting for me to get home from work :p

This doesn't look good for the future of the game; can they come back from this?

Well, the real game decider will likely be for many how bolstering in lvl 55 will work out, i.e. does the nudist party continue or will you have to do PVE for the best PVP gear?

If both are answered with a solid no (like the developers have promised), I do not think there will be any lasting effect on the hardcore pvp player base.

Though the definetly shoul look into the under lvl 55 bolstering system as well.

Edited by Arutar

Everybody is getting a taste of what it has been like to PVP as a merc/commando for the last year. I'm enjoying this while it lasts, mercs/commandos are competitive again, even if it is naked.

P.S. if you see me naked in a WZ that big "gun" is not my assault cannon. ;)

Edited by ChicagoBearsFan

The thing is - bw robbed us of our pvp gear, which means all that time to get it was spent in vain.

And one more thing. Why should I grind gear for pve? I want to simply equip green **** and be competitive with the players who cleared the end game content.

Yeah, my main stat and endurance go down but my expertise goes up when I remove all my gear.

Will check again shortly to be sure I am not seeing things.

EDIT - i quoted the wrong person. Forum noob.

Edited by Jaiyne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.