Any more double XP weekends?

Caelrie

Are there any more? Or are they over forever?

Think about why and how this last 4 weeks of double XP came about. Why was it done? To generate pre expansion release energy in the game for veterans (and probably draw in some returning players), and to allow newer players to have a more level playing field going into the expansion (ie: be able to jump into Makeb on day 1).

Now, imagine similar promotional events leading into the next Expac. Will history repeat? Maybe, maybe not.

Time will tell. Speculation is worthless on the topic IMO. Why? Because as companies say to their investors all the time.... "past performance is not an indication of future performance".

Edited by Andryah

If it does become the norm, I would hope they make it optional, not everyone is a part of the "give me now!" generation and enjoy the time we spend normally leveling through content at our own pace.

Perhaps it should be an optional setting, unlocked after someone obtains their first 50 the normal way.

I doubt we will see them as a regular thing. The minute you make something regular it becomes a normal part of the game. Part of the reason double xp has been such a success (the servers has been packed) is that this was something unusual.

I'd bet that we will see double xp weekends again in the future, but only when BW has something to promote ... like patch 3.0 for example.

This. Just take a look at how other MMOs have managed Double XP weekends to see what's going to happen here. It's not going to be permanent. It's not going to be every month. It'll be when they want to promote something (RotHC) or spice-up the servers during a content dry patch.

If it does become the norm, I would hope they make it optional, not everyone is a part of the "give me now!" generation and enjoy the time we spend normally leveling through content at our own pace.

Maybe you somehow enjoy grinding the same things you have already done a few times before. Not everyone does. I find post lvl 20 leveling BORING as all heck. Now, exactly what does that have to do with "give me now!" generation crap when I am in my late 30's? Always with you people and your childish ego's. NOT EVERYONE plays the game or enjoys parts of the game the same way YOU do. So, don't expect everyone to play as you do or do as you do. To expect that is childish and frankly ridiculous. It doesn't effect you or your life if someone can make it to 50 in half the time you did. Why on earth would you care? Get some priorities. Seriously.

I really don't care how others level or get to 50 slow or fast. I play games for me, not an ego boost and gloating. I don;t concern myself with how OTHERS enjoy things. Let them enjoy what they enjoy how they enjoy it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Maybe you somehow enjoy grinding the same things you have already done a few times before. Not everyone does. I find post lvl 20 leveling BORING as all heck. Now, exactly what does that have to do with "give me now!" generation crap when I am in my late 30's? Always with you people and your childish ego's. NOT EVERYONE plays the game or enjoys parts of the game the same way YOU do. So, don't expect everyone to play as you do or do as you do. To expect that is childish and frankly ridiculous. It doesn't effect you or your life if someone can make it to 50 in half the time you did. Why on earth would you care? Get some priorities. Seriously.

I really don't care how others level or get to 50 slow or fast. I play games for me, not an ego boost and gloating. I don;t concern myself with how OTHERS enjoy things. Let them enjoy what they enjoy how they enjoy it.

It's more about the fact that this is an MMO

If you give people double xp weekends all of the time, people (in general) will not level up during the other days, will only level up during the weekend, and then the time it takes to get through content is significantly diminished.

It is supposed to take a certain amount of time (roundabout) to clear content, if that time is dropped by a large margin (by giving people twice the xp gain from quests) they will get through content faster than intended, providing a ton more people waiting at endgame, complaining about not having enough content to do.

I didn't mind the double xp weekends, as i was able to get 2 50s i didnt have previously. I am however against making them frequent, as it would change the way the leveling goes long term, which will negatively impact the game long term.

If you give people double xp weekends all of the time, people (in general) will not level up during the other days, will only level up during the weekend, and then the time it takes to get through content is significantly diminished.

It is supposed to take a certain amount of time (roundabout) to clear content, if that time is dropped by a large margin (by giving people twice the xp gain from quests) they will get through content faster than intended, providing a ton more people waiting at endgame, complaining about not having enough content to do.

I didn't mind the double xp weekends, as i was able to get 2 50s i didnt have previously. I am however against making them frequent, as it would change the way the leveling goes long term, which will negatively impact the game long term.

Now part of that just isn't true. On the characters I was making a real effort to level up, I would log on during the week and get at least one or two levels a night on each of them. It put me in a position to take the weekend more casually. There was never any lack of people to play with.

I still believe a compromise can and should be reached. Have a new player get to max level once the regular way. After that, let it be an optional setting for subsequent characters.

Edited by Akash

I enjoyed the Double XP weekend, but I would not want one every month. I have always liked to take things at a slower pace and experience most of the content I can. Leveling too fast would shoot me past a lot of content I would have seen without Double XP. Down the road, if I want to level faster, I would just purchase XP Boosts from the Cartel Market. Besides, isn't logging off in a Cantina to get 200% XP about the same as Double XP weekend? I know a lot of people probably play too much to get a good enough XP rest, though.

I wasn't aware that god name a rule that an MMO had to be a certain specific way.

Ive had two 50's for months and I dont complain. It took me ages to get them well geared. Double Xp just helps me level alts. I got a new one to 50 and another almost to 50 thanx to Double XP. I could have used one more day. I hope they do it again soon because I have two Republic Side toons I need to get to 50, I have no 50's on Republic yet. And when they hit max cap and end-game they will take along time to gear as well, so I wont get "bored". Double XP weekends have nothing to do with that. If some guy wants to rush through everything his first time, that's his choice, and he has no right to "complain" if he gets bored. Hindering the game for others because a few people complain is wrong.

I'd also like to know what in the heck is wrong with "get through content is significantly diminished" if you have already done it two times or more? I really see nothing wrong with speeding through the game if you have already done it. You are still playing the game aren't you? You will still gear your new 50 and do dailies, etc. Heck, Double XP weekends ENCOURAGES people to create alts. Those Alts will be played after Double XP weekend to gear and such.

This whole argument against Double XP fails imo. If they did it once every two months for a weekend i think it would help the game, not hinder it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Personally I've been playing since the beta, I've played about half way threw a lot of the classes and i have to agree that 20+ is a drag, but double xp gave me a great chance to make good pushes on two characters. what I'm really not understanding is what's the problem with wanting to skip most of the longest levels like 40+? If the game doesn't really start till 50 with raids and rwz? if you have 4 or even 5 50's that's plenty of play time just trying to get gear? other games have granted you characters that were half way leveled as a reward for your first game completion. Would love to see more double xp, maybe not all the time. but really would like to see it increase end game activities.