Any more double XP weekends?

Caelrie

I think it'd be really cool if one weekend a month were designated as double experience weekend. But that doesn't appear to be the plan. Double experience weekends are now done, unless there's a change in plans going forward.

my money says now that they've done it, BW'll look at how people responded to double XP and plan for the future. if they feel it can bring people back, retain intrest or boost CM purchases they'll do it more.

the fact that the double XP boosted the impact of XP boosts was proably great for that aspect of busniess

I went ahead and posted a recommendation in the Suggestion Box to make the fourth weekend of every month a double experience weekend. I don't know if the suggestion will be taken, or if there's a better argument in favor than "it'd be cool", but it seemed worth a try.

I went ahead and posted a recommendation in the Suggestion Box to make the fourth weekend of every month a double experience weekend. I don't know if the suggestion will be taken, or if there's a better argument in favor than "it'd be cool", but it seemed worth a try.

One weekend a month will not bring subscribers back. it has to be at least 3.

I doubt we will see them as a regular thing. The minute you make something regular it becomes a normal part of the game. Part of the reason double xp has been such a success (the servers has been packed) is that this was something unusual.

I'd bet that we will see double xp weekends again in the future, but only when BW has something to promote ... like patch 3.0 for example.

Many people in the last month somehow turned double xp for leveling into a moral failing for mass condemnation.

Regardless of that opinion, all i can say is double xp was FUN!!!!!

There's value there somewhere.

Bah, I'm gonna miss them! It's sooooooo nice leveling an alt by only doing the class story and some flashpoints.

If you get all the legacy unlocks for XP and you use the consumable XP boosts, it shouldn't take you much more than this to level anyway. You can skip a large portion of the content and quests even without double XP.

One weekend a month will not bring subscribers back. it has to be at least 3.

Double XP weekends were never intended to bring back subscribers unless it was because they were also coming back for ROTHC. It was only intended to help people level up characters to get them to 50 for ROTHC. There is no real reason that double XP, itself, would have any significant boost to bringing back subs. Someone is going to re-sub just because they can level alts faster to get to the end-game that they weren't enjoying which caused them to drop their sub in the first place? Yeah, not likely. If they didn't enjoy playing their 50's before, then they weren't going to re-sub just to get more characters to 50.

double exp tokens sound good

bind to legacy items that once activated, last 48 hours or however long the double exp weekend we just experienced were. I think it was closer to 60 hours since it started at 1pm friday and lasted until 1am monday?

If you get all the legacy unlocks for XP and you use the consumable XP boosts, it shouldn't take you much more than this to level anyway. You can skip a large portion of the content and quests even without double XP.

Double XP weekends were never intended to bring back subscribers unless it was because they were also coming back for ROTHC. It was only intended to help people level up characters to get them to 50 for ROTHC. There is no real reason that double XP, itself, would have any significant boost to bringing back subs. Someone is going to re-sub just because they can level alts faster to get to the end-game that they weren't enjoying which caused them to drop their sub in the first place? Yeah, not likely. If they didn't enjoy playing their 50's before, then they weren't going to re-sub just to get more characters to 50.

Exactly... because that's what your really paying for when you sub. You're paying for the endgame, and crafting, i guess. You can level 1-50 on f2p with blues and just enjoy the class story for free. ( I don't get how people can complain about 100+ hours of content PER CHARACTER on f2p, but that's not the topic of this thread)

Dbl xp was a bad idea imo, but i see why they did it.

I resubbed, along with my brother, my wife and 5 guildmates, because of double-exp. we will now play rothc once, but after that stop the sub until the next double-exp.

Exactly... because that's what your really paying for when you sub. You're paying for the endgame, and crafting, i guess. You can level 1-50 on f2p with blues and just enjoy the class story for free. ( I don't get how people can complain about 100+ hours of content PER CHARACTER on f2p, but that's not the topic of this thread)

-25%XP , 3 space missions, 3 Battlegrounds and only 4 quickbars is too much of a cutback while leveling. so resubbing is definitely the way to go when leveling.

-25%XP , 3 space missions, 3 Battlegrounds and only 4 quickbars is too much of a cutback while leveling. so resubbing is definitely the way to go when leveling.

I think the sweet spot is to sub at least once. Add a security key, get a refer a friend mount, and do crafting to purchase all the expensive (and cheap) cartel unlocks for your account off the gtn (plus go for any 350k+ mounts you may want), and get as many alts as you can/want to level 15 to get speeder piloting 1.

Then easily drop back to preferred... you're only going to be missing quick travel and medprobes then..

100's of hours of gameplay for FREE and ppl complain. I'm not saying that subbing isn't better, but if you're too cheap to dish out 15 dollars a month what can you expect?

100's of hours of gameplay for FREE and ppl complain. I'm not saying that subbing isn't better, but if you're too cheap to dish out 15 dollars a month what can you expect?

I´m totally with you on that. I always resub when coming back to a mmo. I hate f2p-cutbacks.

Gone forever? No

Gone for now? Yes

The point of Double XP weekends was to get as many players to level 50 so that there are lots of players who will play the new 50-55 content.

I can see Double XP on some important anniversaries (like a game's "birthday") or much more likely before the next level cap increase

I think it'd be really cool if one weekend a month were designated as double experience weekend. But that doesn't appear to be the plan. Double experience weekends are now done, unless there's a change in plans going forward.

I hated double xp, it ruins the game, i know people are on about how you hate leveling but it takes all the fun and story out of it, so i hope they dont do another one for atleast 8 months

I have enjoyed the double xp weekends a great deal. I have about four 50's, and I really don't need to do every side quest at every hub to feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of the game. The double xp allowed me to level by doing my class quests, a reasonable number of flashpoints and then only the quest lines I enjoyed at each planet.

It is a good pace for an experienced player to explore additional storylines or revisit ones they haven't seen in a while. Even though I have a 50 sniper, the double xp weekends encouraged me to start a new agent from scratch because I enjoyed that storyline so much.

I would vote for making them regular occurrences.

Edited by Akash