The Future of the "Yoda-Species"

Swissbob

Now that George Lucas has sold Star Wars, do you guys think that the strict ban on revealing the name, home world, origins and etc. on Yoda's species be removed?

Do you think we will finally learn about this mysterious race?

Curious to know your opinions. :D

this depends on if anyone at Lucas Studio's actually told the people from Disney the name of the species or not, or whether they respected their old bosses orders enough to keep it a secret even from their new bosses. This also assumes that Lucas even told his employees to begin with. Edited by XantosCledwin

If the people at Disney have any respect for the franchise, they will keep it a mystery. Not much mystery left in the SW franchise. Leave it to our imaginations to fill the gap where Yoda came from.

are you insane? not much mystery left? that has to be one of the most ignorant statements ive ever heard. the amount of what we know about the star wars universe is almost nothing compared to what we could know. theres so much left to be discovered and brought into light. to say otherwise would be foolish. although i do agree that the origins of the yoda species be kept hidden.

are you insane? not much mystery left? that has to be one of the most ignorant statements ive ever heard. the amount of what we know about the star wars universe is almost nothing compared to what we could know. theres so much left to be discovered and brought into light. to say otherwise would be foolish. although i do agree that the origins of the yoda species be kept hidden.

Midi chorians.

Lucas has repeatedly expressed that he never thought of a name for Yoda's species, or any kind of backstory. He was just the puppet designed to fill the mentor role in ESB.

Lucas described him as the mysterious stranger, who enters and exits the story without any explanation other than the help he provides to Luke.

Lucas has repeatedly expressed that he never thought of a name for Yoda's species, or any kind of backstory. He was just the puppet designed to fill the mentor role in ESB.

Lucas described him as the mysterious stranger, who enters and exits the story without any explanation other than the help he provides to Luke.

He kind of threw that out the window turning Yoda into a spastic action hero in the Prequels.

That and his profound advice to Anakin for dealing with loss, "Get over it." :p

He kind of threw that out the window turning Yoda into a spastic action hero in the Prequels.

That and his profound advice to Anakin for dealing with loss, "Get over it." :p

A spastic action hero! Why did I never think of that? When he went all Jackie Chan on Count Dooku all I could think was: "Wow, a flying, bouncing piece of menthol."

EDIT: Also, Yoda is not the only one. Don't forget about Oteg, Minch, Vandar Tokare and Yaddle.

Edited by tobbelq

I for one still think that Yoda's species is/should be a Whill. I think this is what Lucas had in mind when he originally created the idea but threw it out. Yes I know he denies it but wouldn't that make sense that he'd deny it if he wants Yoda's species to remain a mystery.

You think about what he originally planned as a concept for the movie which was a story told by a wise but mysterious race of beings or one in particular, who keep tabs on galactic historic events. Species would have to be long lived (Yoda was close to 1000 years old) in order to be able to keep an accurate record. This may have been Yoda originally, but...he became a more central figure in the movies in that he is no longer just behind the scenes but now a part of events that lead to the defeat of the Sith.

I've always liked this idea. Even if wrong, I personally would love to learn Yoda's, Yaddle's, Vandaar and Oteg's species. Where they come from and why there are so few in the galaxy even though they make appearances through out the history of the galaxy and mostly as Jedi.