Petition to EA/SWTOR -- please read and perhaps respond.

ElvisLegShaker

OP there is nothing similar between the two scenarios. Ilum was stopped because players far below the intended level range for the bolster affect were taking advantage if it. This is players running their appropriate level missions and turning them in for their reward. Waiting one day to turn them in is no different than running them that first day. Intended missions run by appropriately leveled characters and turned in. Nothing exploitative or even unintended here.

/signed. QFT ^

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done this very thing in previous MMOs. So I get maybe a quarter of an XP bar head start. I'm a completionist and I'm looking forward to doing all of RotHC, I'm not a power leveler, but I do try to be efficient.

In other words, this is no big deal, stop worrying about it.

Got eat my paste? Lol! Thanks... think I'll have mango this time.

You mad?

BTW, Illum has had a real impact on you. But you know... the things going on Illum? They were mainly due to the Bolster to 50. Lowbies got the bolster you see... and therefore, they were getting 50 level xp at lowbie prices.

Bottom line OP, you really don't understand what was going on Illum with regard to xp and power leveling in the first place. So... better check your diaper. I think it is time for a change.

=D

Ok ... Gonna try to touch on some of these, just to kinda bring to light... folks who didn't read or understand or perhaps sniffed a bit of glue, etc...)

It's not. Yet, they "corrected" the same thing in regards to Ilum and "lowbies" with the x2 XP (so much in fact that it effected legit level players trying to quest AT level for the planet).

I don't care. I could not care less if someone decided to power level 1-50 (much less 50-55). However, the fact remains - they messed up Ilum in response to the "power leveling" (READ-- THEY changed it). So, to me, in all fairness they should insure that level 50's can't "game" the system in the same manner - unintended, Unless of course, some double standard is applied.

Have they made an announcement? I'm sure that through their "QA" it wasn't even mentioned... else they would have made an announcement at this stage .. the 9th is right around the corner. But, as far as I'm concerned in the scheme of things.. read above this.

Ok, gotta drop down into your post first of all .. are you so ret ard ed that you didn't nderstand what I wrote? Where in that do you get anything that could even suggest "control freak"??? And to back up a sec ... ahh.. nevermind... You know what princess .. you got to the 9th.. get em done.. turn em in. =)

But.. to wrap it all up.. in regards to your "ps" ... go look for the ilum double xp posts and see (new to the forums?? Didn't see those posts?? Ok). You will find many folks that somehow got sand in their vag over it... I'm simply making the claim that this is the same thing. *** for tat.

I personally don't care if you had some back woods 2 cents an hour reject power level you .. I could not care less if you frequent "gold/credit" sellers ... I do .. not .. care ... what I am saying and bringing to light is what EA/SWTOR did to the folks levelng during doulbe XP on Ilum. If THAT was not intended .. then SURELY (and I'll stop calling you Shirley) this should be considered "not intended".

But this will take place during EARLY ACCESS. Which in turn means they wil get a much larger jump in leveling vs those without early access. Which in turn means that they will have skill points in place, among other things, .. ahh missing ? nothing. nevermind. you're fine. go eat your paste. I don't care how fast they level either.. I didn't care how fast folks leveled on Ilum with the double xp ... but some did and EA/SWTOR responded --- it wasn't intended. So, with that, how is this? Ah nevermind.

Nevermind... jeez...

Neve.. wait .. we are not .. at least I am not (and in MMO world) if YOU are thinking about the casuals taking 9 hrs.. you sir are ignorant. This is not about the casual. This is about the supposed and sadly classified "hardcore" (oh g od dam m .. I hit buttons HARD!!) crowd. You know the ones.. any advantage possible. You know the ones.. "first!".. you know the ones...

And at any rate ... did you actually read what I wrote before you ta rd ed out with this reply? I could not care less about your game play or what you think or how you view the game.

Sigh .. go back.. slowly this time and read. Then go read (look em up.. maybe have someone read it to you) the fallout from the ilum double xp situation. THIS is what I am talking about and THIS is what I EXPLAINED in the op. I am sorry you are an idiot (report me?! God forbid.. you are implying something about me that isn't very nice.. sniff sniff.. <cries>).

----

At the end of the day -- I could not care any less on how any of you level, what you do your life, how you view things or think. At the end of the day -- THIS is about how they handled leveling on Ilum (how THEY handled it) during double xp. THEY messed folks up in that mess. I just want to make sure there is no double standard in messing folks up with THIS loophole.

That is all. Nothing more. Nothing less. At any rate.. got the thread started, y'all have fun with it. I will monitor it to see how it goes. Other than that... pfhh.

Aww, games people play.. Easy to tell because you locked onto the Ilum thing in every defense..

http://www.heretical.com/berne/nigysob.html

Life Game 4: Now I've Got You, You Son of a *****

This can be seen in classic form in poker games. White gets an unbeatable hand, such as four aces. At this point, if he is a NIGYSOB player, he is more interested in the fact that Black is completely at his mercy than he is in good poker or making money.

White needed some plumbing fixtures installed, and he reviewed the costs very carefully with the plumber before giving him a go-ahead. The price was set, and it was agreed that there would be no extras. When the plumber submitted his bill, he included a few dollars extra for an unexpected valve that had to be installed – about four dollars on a four-hundred-dollar job. White became infuriated, called the plumber on the phone and demanded an explanation. The plumber would not back down. White wrote him a long letter criticizing his integrity and ethics and refused to pay the bill until the extra charge was withdrawn. The plumber finally gave in.

It soon became obvious that both White and the plumber were playing games. In the course of their negotiations, they had recognized each other's potentials. The plumber made his provocative move when he submitted his bill. Since White had the plumber's word, the plumber was clearly in the wrong. White now felt justified in venting almost unlimited rage against him. Instead of merely negotiating in a dignified way that befitted the Adult standards he set for himself, perhaps with a little innocent annoyance, White took the opportunity to make extensive criticisms of the plumber's whole way of living... White was exploiting his trivial but socially defensible objection (position) to vent the pent-up furies of many years of his cozening opponent, just as his mother might have done in a similar situation. He quickly recognized his underlying attitude (NIGYSOB) and realized how secretly delighted he had been at the plumber's provocation. He then recalled that ever since early childhood he had looked for similar injustices, received them with delight and exploited them with the same vigour. In many of the cases he recounted, he had forgotten the actual provocation, but remembered in great detail the course of the ensuing battle. The plumber, apparently, was playing some variation of 'Why Does This Always Happen to Me?' (WAHM).

This isn't an "exploit". Not even close. If someone has done the content, they should be able to turn the missions in and get the XP (and other rewards) from them. How is wiping their XP from those missions in any way fair?

Although, an interesting question does arise....if I turn in a mission on the 9th that would have returned Columi/BH/Daily comms on the 8th, will it reward classic comms instead? Or will it just bug out?

All this XP is killing me, we are still suffering from Double XP weekends on Flashpoints... the amount of new Tanks who have NO idea what their supposed to be doing is staggering. They seem to think their indestructable and an almighty DPS rolled into one with no thought to CC's or gameplay. As a Healer sometimes I keep these Tanks on short leases by only healing them to keep them at around 25-40% HP :p Either they take a min after battles to let me regain stamina or do CC's on next group or they die. Random rant over.

mountain out of mole hill.

So someone can gain an hour or 2 of time over someone else... I can just as easily go do those same dailies on the patch day, and be at the exact same place... only difference is the time. It isn't an issue.

But this will take place during EARLY ACCESS. Which in turn means they wil get a much larger jump in leveling vs those without early access. Which in turn means that they will have skill points in place, among other things, .. ahh missing ? nothing. nevermind. you're fine. go eat your paste. I don't care how fast they level either.. I didn't care how fast folks leveled on Ilum with the double xp ... but some did and EA/SWTOR responded --- it wasn't intended. So, with that, how is this? Ah nevermind.

You realize there will be people who hit 55 before ROTHC becomes available to everyone else, regardless of if they stock up on 25 quests or not ahead of time... Early Access is intended to give players a jump.

Edited by jgoldsack

I've read through this and there's one part that I'm still looking for some information about:

Why do I care?

Seriously. Why do I care if someone levels to 51 before me? How is it different from someone logging in at 6am and playing the game for 12 hours longer than I do? How is this different from the loads of people who will be finished with Makeb long before the Early Access is over (and therefore, progressed beyond everyone who didn't get Early Access)? What advantage do they get? First chance to sell items on the GTN? The glory of sitting in the queue for Lvl55 Ops since no one else is there yet? What? What do they get that I don't? What harm is done to me, or what do I lose that they gain?

Why do I care?

Got eat my paste? Lol! Thanks... think I'll have mango this time.

You mad?

BTW, Illum has had a real impact on you. But you know... the things going on Illum? They were mainly due to the Bolster to 50. Lowbies got the bolster you see... and therefore, they were getting 50 level xp at lowbie prices.

Bottom line OP, you really don't understand what was going on Illum with regard to xp and power leveling in the first place. So... better check your diaper. I think it is time for a change.

Bored. So checking in and bingo.

Well as long as you have your preferred taste in paste... happy for you. Enjoy.

Now as for Ilum ... nope, no effect on me. I hit Ilum with my 50's to get enough rep and coins to buy my blue eyeball. Got it and done. Haven't been back since. Won't be back.

Now.. as far as bolster goes .. what difference did it make to ANYONE... how ANYONE else leveled? None, correct? Yet, there was an outcry and the devs stepped in and said "unintended". THE DEVS said it.

I can't slow this down for you.. so maybe have someone read it to you slowly.

The .. same .. mechanic .. applies .. to makeb .. for early .. access ...

t it for tat. Gaming xp for levels on ilum during double xp ... applies to gaming levels for ealry access.

look, I do NOT care how anyone levels... I do NOT care if anyone buys credits ... and to be honest I don't care how they treat this -- I just thought I'd make a vocal outcry concerning it. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

They messed with the double xp in regards to Ilum ... the SAME positional is in place for early access makeb. Fix it like they did with the other.

fair? i think so.

I see you have some change to your tone, i am glad you have learned a lesson or two ;)

However, if the lvl 50 daily give any exp, it's intended because otherwise what's the point ? If not, then you have nothing to cry about.

It's also fair that people get reward for their work, regardless of early access or not. If you don't have early access, a lot of us will be already level 55 when you get on Makeb anyway ( :( ) so you can just move on.

Anyway it's a lot different than in Ilum, for Ilum it's borderline power level and that's what Bioware don't want, this case is not.

Aww, games people play.. Easy to tell because you locked onto the Ilum thing in every defense..

i'll direct to you to this (posted a bit further down) ....

Bored. So checking in and bingo.

Well as long as you have your preferred taste in paste... happy for you. Enjoy.

Now as for Ilum ... nope, no effect on me. I hit Ilum with my 50's to get enough rep and coins to buy my blue eyeball. Got it and done. Haven't been back since. Won't be back.

Now.. as far as bolster goes .. what difference did it make to ANYONE... how ANYONE else leveled? None, correct? Yet, there was an outcry and the devs stepped in and said "unintended". THE DEVS said it.

I can't slow this down for you.. so maybe have someone read it to you slowly.

t it for tat. Gaming xp for levels on ilum during double xp ... applies to gaming levels for ealry access.

look, I do NOT care how anyone levels... I do NOT care if anyone buys credits ... and to be honest I don't care how they treat this -- I just thought I'd make a vocal outcry concerning it. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

They messed with the double xp in regards to Ilum ... the SAME positional is in place for early access makeb. Fix it like they did with the other.

fair? i think so.

at any rate,,,,

No it doesn't. Multiple people have already pointed out exactly how the two are not alike. If you insist on trolling at least come up with a better logical rationale for your premise.

No... it... doesn't.

Ilum was unintended in that it allowed for Lvl 10 players to gain Lvl 50 XP in an area intended for Lvl 45+. They could level up from Lvl 10 to Lvl 50 in a very short period of time.

Stacking quests before Makeb will allow Lvl 50 players to gain Lvl 50 XP for completing Lvl 50 quests. They will level up from Lvl 50 to Lvl 51 (maybe) in a very short period of time.

How are they similar again?

We need more whining threads about how other people level their toons. Keep'em coming.

No doubt...I'm wondering if the OP has any suggestions on what we should be allowed to wear or what classes he feels we should be playing.

I see you have some change to your tone, i am glad you have learned a lesson or two ;)

However, if the lvl 50 daily give any exp, it's intended because otherwise what's the point ? If not, then you have nothing to cry about.

It's also fair that people get reward for their work, regardless of early access or not. If you don't have early access, a lot of us will be already level 55 when you get on Makeb anyway ( :( ) so you can just move on.

Anyway it's a lot different than in Ilum, for Ilum it's borderline power level and that's what Bioware don't want, this case is not.

wait what? what change to my tone? Not that I'm not glad you appreciate it =)

The thing is that the quests at level 50 give... nothing ... until early access. And I'm not crying about it. I'm really not. I'm just fighting this battle because of what they did to folks leveling on Ilum (I've got my 50's.. I took no part in that). And I honestly saw nothing wrong with the power leveling that took place -- more power to em.

They didn't lock lower levels from getting there, they didn't implement measures to prevent players from accessing the area... they locked everyone. EVEN the players who's level was appropriate. Level 48? Too bad.. we fked ya. Was that FAIR? Nope.

This is the SAME type... even though it's not to the same extent. No, the player can not do it everyday to get the same "jump" ... however.. it's in place that the player can get the INITIAL jump and gain an advantage over other players.

Surely if a player wasn't suppose to gain an advantage on Ilum at a level lower than 50 then a player can not gain an advantage over another starting at level 50.

I do not care either way .. I do think what they did to players regarding ilum was really fcked up .. but they did it. So, in that same manner.. they should prevent the level 50 25 quest turn in folks ... it's only fair.

Not that they will do anything about it. i did this more or less to show.. in the scheme of things.. they .. do .. not .. care.

however.. let me state once again for the slow ones ... I .. don't .. care ... go back and read from the start. just bringing it to light.

however.. let me state once again for the slow ones ... I .. don't .. care ... go back and read from the start. just bringing it to light.

You should really change your sig again - the current one doesn't seem to suit you very well.

I am saying (or rather repeating) things which were said in that debacle.

So .. playing the game "normally" as a level 50.. those quests give no XP... as it stands NOW.

Yet, hold onto them and with early access and some xp perks.............

Turning them in THEN is akin to disrupting your "normally" and getting "extra rewards for it".

Yet when people were leveling on Ilum.. there was a big to do about it, causing the devs to step in and say.. "uh... we're gonna fix it.. even though that fix means messing with legit players.. sorry".

Listen, I do not care if someone found a mob that could level them from 1 to 50 in a single fight. I really don't. I just think fair is fair. If they hampered Ilum leveling.. they should ensure the 25 quest/bonus xp doesnt give the same undue results to those with early access.

fair is fair. how is that hard to understand? .... if one actually reads it.

There won't be any bonus XP. The weekend will be over. It's just people turning in quests that they did the previous day. Everyone who starts up in ROtHC can do the same thing.

Ilum was a big to do because level 10s were never intended to be able to fight mobs in Ilum.

The thing is that the quests at level 50 give... nothing ... until early access.

Wrong. They give XP. But until Makeb is activated, your XP is capped at Lvl 50. Having those uncompleted quests is fully within the normal intended operation of the game. Stacking them is odd, but not an exploit, as you're using intended game mechanics in precisely the way they were designed.

Understand?

This is the SAME type... even though it's not to the same extent.

No, its not. The problem with Ilum was that the Bolster was applied to all players, not just players in the quest range. Instead of fixing the bolster code, they simply removed it. The "harm" done to Lvl 48 characters was minimal. Most 48's could play without the bolster. In PvP, a 48 isn't all that worse off from a 50 using Tionese gear. Both get worked over by players in PvP gear.

The Lvl 45s who lost out were already on the edge. Ilum was never really meant for Lvl 45s. It was really only playable in groups if you weren't Lvl48+.

however.. it's in place that the player can get the INITIAL jump and gain an advantage over other players.... Surely if a player wasn't suppose to gain an advantage on Ilum at a level lower than 50 then a player can not gain an advantage over another starting at level 50.

No. You've missed the entire point.

The Ilum exploit wasn't about gaining advantages. It didn't give anyone an advantage. The problem was that it was the knowing misuse of a game mechanic that was allowing low level players to skip content and bypass large amounts of the game. It's not about advantages, its about avoiding mechanics that are approaching a "Make Me 50" button.

There's a reason why MMO's make you work to reach higher levels. The Ilum exploit bypassed that. Stacking Level 50 quests does not. You do appropriate-level quests and get appropriate rewards for them.

I would think that same math would apply to folks hoarding 25 level 50 quests to gain a level or so in a jump on others .. i am probably wrong that is why I am ASKING they respond now-- PRIOR to the 9th... to clarify.

Here is another flaw in your premise. People who do this are in no way getting an extra jump on anyone. All players with early access can start this way. All players who don't have early access can start this way. No one has an advantage because no one is incapable of saving the dailies to turn in later.

Power leveling is the term used to describe the process of leveling a character as rapidly as possible with the least amount of play time.

The Ilum event exposed a flaw with the system that people took advantage of, which Bioware stated they overlooked and fixed, which was bolster bolstering people below level 45 on ilum. Granted they fixed it poorly, but they fixed it.

Storing up quests to turn in on day 1 of EA/ROTHC (whichever you fall into) is not a bug, exploit, circumventing any system. It is simply turning in quests. It is no different than me forgetting to turn in a quest today, and instead I turn it in tomorrow. I don't get any less rewards for forgetting, not should someone be punished for doing it.

You claim to not care how someone levels are gets to 50/55... but you sure seem to like making a mountain over a non-existent molehill.

storing up 25 level 50 quests along with the xp boosts is the same thing as lowbies hitting ilum to gain levels as fast as possible (the EXACT same reason). the only reason i can find that you do not agree is that you are now doing this on your 50's.

Which I do not care.. I just think if they screwed the lowbies.. they should screw the 50s.

that's it. nothing more, nothing less.

Unintended was lower leveled characters getting XP on Ilum during the Gree event.

The new intention for 2.0 and on is that level 50 characters turn in missions to gain XP. I don't see a problem with them saving and turning them in right when 2.0 hits or not.

I thought about doing missions to save up for that morning but in doing that you burn your lockout on that mission right then. You could actually get more XP by picking up the mission after 2.0 goes live and completing it then. Sure some people may get a jump right out of the gate but it will even out.