Got in from work, logged into TOR

Thaltom

Thought I would share my experience with logging into TOR...

So I arrived home from work and entered the queue for Mandalore the Indomitable, a full population server. There was a queue (OH HORROR OF HORRORS!). I made myself a sandwich and a glass of water, took a quick bio, and sat down at my computer right as the character selection screen appeared.

Total wait time: I didn't put a stopwatch to it but between 5 and 10 minutes. MAX.

Total time to make this post: eh, 3 minutes.

Total enjoyment with this game: Not calculable

I feel sorry for the people waiting an hour or more... but I can't shake the feeling that they are massively exaggerating. Anyway, see you in space!

I would love for that to be true for me but I am stuck in queue of 1000+ players :( I would change servers but don't want to start my character all over again.

EDIT: BTW I was assigned to this server with my guild, I would never pick a full server.

Edited by Royds

So I arrived home from work and entered the queue for Mandalore the Indomitable, a full population server. There was a queue (OH HORROR OF HORRORS!). I made myself a sandwich and a glass of water, took a quick bio, and sat down at my computer right as the character selection screen appeared.

Total wait time: I didn't put a stopwatch to it but between 5 and 10 minutes. MAX.

I feel sorry for the people waiting an hour or more... but I can't shake the feeling that they are massively exaggerating. Anyway, see you in space!

SHHH... don't tell them about our server...

No exagerations necessary. There are some servers that have massive queues. Swiftsure and The Fatman have anywhere up to 4 hour queues (was nearly 6 hours on Friday). Last week I was #1637 in a queue on Harbinger and waited just over 3 hours.

People are not making these numbers up for the sake of it. They do exist.

I'm glad not everyone is experiencing the queue issue, but it is an issue

I was already logged into this afternoon, enjoying the game.. a friend logs into ventrillo, explains they are in the queue

they didn't get into the game for another 1 hour, 45 minutes...

that is not good at all :/

I wake up. Sit in que for the first time ever on my server-for 5 minutes.

Go to work. Use teamviewer to log into my computer at home, send companions on missions every 15 minutes for nine hours.

Drive home. Find computer still on character selection screen.

Win.

In all seriousness though I picked my server based on the fact that I assumed people wouldn't swarm to its name. Its now full, but no outrageous ques as of yet.

Edited by khaoimon

Unfortunately you can't fix "popularity".

If bioware opens all servers at once it will only break the game and it will be down for longer then any queue and it will lag like crazy after words.

As unfortunate as it is. Theirs really no choice but to wait for it to die down. It is launch after all. Sucks but I rather a working game then a broken game. You guys will probably have better luck tomorrow anyway.

I managed to play from 5 am est till 7pm est with no queue, lag or crash. So its really only down to your luck.

*Raises flame shield*

Edited by flunkorg

The longest I have waited has been around 10 minutes, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I know people have time invested into their character, but it's not that much time. I mean, my early access started 7 days ago and if I have to wait longer than 30 minutes, I'm switching to a lower populated server. 7 days invested isn't all that long, but I can understand not wanting to leave your server especially if your guild and friends are on it.

going over an hour in a few minute on Prophecy of the five. Atm have 1 level 28 and 4 levels 20's unless they offer transfer im not leaving with that much play time in on the server guild and friends also behind.

Thing is i picked it on day 2 of EGA thought it wasn't the coolest name or w.e and now its one of the most popular servers >< i guess thank god i dont have a job(hate not working) otherwise i'd be stuck in que all the time

They also mailed me a vial of Ewok Tears so that I might enjoy the taste of their agony as I play SWTOR.

Inquiring minds want to know: what do ewok tears taste like exactly? I was told mint depression by some and expresso anguish by others.

Try logging in to Anchorhead when you get home from work tomorrow. Do it. DO IT.