The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

In a game where new end-game content is getting rolled out one WZ or Ops at a time every 6 months, I dare say everybody PvPs and PvEs at some point, no matter how they describe themselves.

The nature of this game is such that numbers will fluctuate wildly, any one who says differently is either from BW trying to make with the positive spin on it, or making assumptions based on previous MMO experiences.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to the harbringer brother and play pubs with me

Hey buddy, good to see you're still around. Would definitely be keen to hook up over on the Harbinger if I decide to keep playing.. need to see whether I can tolerate Jekk Jekk style lag again :p

also be careful guys, even with a larger pop on the pve server, there is likely to be less people pvping in wzs there than on the pvp server Bastion. Even on our server id say 1 in 2 people do wzs ( i am guessing but i know a large number of people who dont ), i suspect on a pve server it would be even lower, so you may have a larger pool of people but a smaller grp of eople who will go in a wz.............

For random queues the queues on Harbinger are faster simply cause there are more people. At night there aren't many reps players online on Bastion that queues take too long. On harbinger they are still decent at night. At night there are still two or so fleets on Harbinger except very late like 2-5 am you start to see one fleet, but population has always been +100 for reps. In comparison the queues on bastion take so long in this time interval because there about 50-70 players or less on the fleet at this time. That's why I don't pvp on Bastion this late at night. Queues usually take longer than 20 minutes late at night. I even waited once over 30 minutes for a queue and just log off the Bastion.

Edited by Knockerz

For random queues the queues on Harbinger are faster simply cause there are more people. At night there aren't many reps players online on Bastion that queues take too long. On harbinger they are still decent at night. At night there are still two or so fleets on Harbinger except very late like 2-5 am you start to see one fleet, but population has always been +100 for reps. In comparison the queues on bastion take so long in this time interval because there about 50-70 players or less on the fleet at this time. That's why I don't pvp on Bastion this late at night. Queues usually take longer than 20 minutes late at night. I even waited once over 30 minutes for a queue and just log off the Bastion.

I think you were bugged dude. The longest I've ever waited was 5 minutes and usually it's near instant pop. Maybe you were trying to que when the Gree event reset or something.

Edited by iheartnyc

Hey buddy, good to see you're still around. Would definitely be keen to hook up over on the Harbinger if I decide to keep playing.. need to see whether I can tolerate Jekk Jekk style lag again :p

Just like old times.. Im sure youll still play... Reroll pubs please... Lets do this JJT style.. Is Pom still around?

negative, sadly

Honest opinion for each existing pvp guilds here... Move to harbringer.... Apac community can be intact.. Realistically we are talking about a rough 300+ players (harb on prime time has 270+ with 3 instances at the pub fleet) roughly with more from dalborra than mdn... If we all stick together... Both factions will be guaranteed an aussie ranked time... As back in JJT it was like a 24 hours wz pop before the server actually died. We will have ranked wzs , not only on our prime time....

And off the record... The only down side..... The Harbringer sucks sooooo bad in pvp... Like literally bad.... Worst pvpers ive ever played against and played with. It will most likely be APAC pvp that will be competitive.

I still think we need to goto Bastion for the best pvp community, regardless of hours. The dalborra guys will be fun to play against during normal hours but the real ranked is gonna happen vs the best teams at their hours and probably only once a weekend. I'd like to at least be able to Vs the best ranked guys once a week as opposed to playing with noobs 24/7 - plus with guys like the elite and a few other guilds who run at odd hours we'll have plenty to play with and probably have alot more fun in the process.

Also remember that anyone who wishes to return to the game will find themselves on bastion away from all their old guildies / friends, we're trying to encourage apac people to come back not drive them away. People were happy to merge the apac servers together and have what would have been a crappy population with wzs only popping in the evening still - and now we're all getting greedy about how bastion only has a few wzs going at off peak times? it's still 24/7 there. We're only going to add to those off peak hours being even busier

Edited by parbs

I still think we need to goto Bastion for the best pvp community, regardless of hours. The dalborra guys will be fun to play against during normal hours but the real ranked is gonna happen vs the best teams at their hours and probably only once a weekend. I'd like to at least be able to Vs the best ranked guys once a week as opposed to playing with noobs 24/7 - plus with guys like the elite and a few other guilds who run at odd hours we'll have plenty to play with and probably have alot more fun in the process.

Also remember that anyone who wishes to return to the game will find themselves on bastion away from all their old guildies / friends, we're trying to encourage apac people to come back not drive them away. People were happy to merge the apac servers together and have what would have been a crappy population with wzs only popping in the evening still - and now we're all getting greedy about how bastion only has a few wzs going at off peak times? it's still 24/7 there. We're only going to add to those off peak hours being even busier

Agreed

Those who had rolled on Bastion and played on the imps side would understand the kind of quality and fustration of playing pvp there. From what i hear from my US friend, dalborra pug side pvp is even worse than those imp pugs on bastion.

we should have the option to split our toons i for one have doubles and i know a few do, so ill have the ability to play both which means i can enjoy a healthy population and go play ranked with the so called "best"

Edited by Jumpchan

If it's just for ranked once a week, you could always roll a Bastion character this weekend have him to lvl 50 in the ~20hrs or whatever it takes. Doesn't take long to get WH or the 2.0 equivalent to be competitive. If everyone from MDN went pubs on there you should have some decent numbers to choose from.

Tho I guess you'd have no legacy. What's the go if you transfer 1 character to Bastion and 1 to Harbinger. Do both keep your legacy? If so you could just send a lvl 1 there. Maybe they'll lock it so all our transfers must go to a single server?

Edited by ausmisc

Just some more food for thought:

If you are talking about the absolute best of the best team compositions, you may be right in assuming that will happen only over the weekend, on our saturdays and sundays. Howver, there are almost always very competitive teams queing at our prime time from the US guys on weeknights too. Synergy is very competitive and are basically on 24/7, and usally most every night ask us to put a team together if we can. The MVP guys are on very late on most weeknights too, and we have games against them also in our AU primetime.

But lets be honest, do you really want to continue to play against the same level of competition that ended up being all that was left on MDN? Lets not kid ourselves here. The pugs were freaking awful. One premade from certain guilds in normal warzones and the game was a steam roll everytime. I dont find that very fun, on either side. There were 2 very strong teams left, we know who they were, and the others were in the next tiers below, of varying competativeness. On the Bastion all of those teams left on MDN will find appropriate and similar levels of competetion to push them. Same goes for any PvP guilds from Dalborra.

Also, from chatting to a few GM leader's on Bastion, they say that <Don't Panic> and <Strictly Bussiness> have been just as competative as those two teams previously mentioned. Lately in ranked it's a coin toss as to who wins from the 4 main guilds. That is some very healthy competition at the top levels, which would really suit the best APAC pvp guilds.

I understand that this is not the only consideration when picking your destination server. Presh bought up a few other good points, and there are other factors too, like the "APAC community". I just believe that any pvp guild or player going anywhere but the Bastion will end up regretting it in the long run. Lots of people have been posting what they feel or believe is how the bastion works, and i am only trying to present the on the ground facts from a guild already playing there.

Now as to spilting the legacys; If you read Mr Eric Musco's last post carefully, he tells us that we will be able to spilt our legacys! We will be given 1 time transfers to our choice of destination server. So if you are on MDN, transfer what you want to go to The Harbringer. Then, when they merge the servers at the end, PvP servers will merge with pvp servers. So, just leave any toons you want to go to the Bastion on MDN till they do that. Fellows from Dalborra just do the opposite.

Edited by GHoppa

But lets be honest, do you really want to continue to play against the same level of competition that ended up being all that was left on MDN? Lets not kid ourselves here. The pugs were freaking awful. One premade from certain guilds in normal warzones and the game was a steam roll everytime. I dont find that very fun, on either side. There were 2 very strong teams left, we know who they were, and the others were in the next tiers below, of varying competativeness. On the Bastion all of those teams left on MDN will find appropriate and similar levels of competetion to push them. Same goes for any PvP guilds from Dalborra.

so you think warzones work differently on bastion? a good 4man premade doesnt just steam roll everyone? the pugs are actually good there? ive heard a lot different... ive actually heard they are worse and theres more of them.

I understand that this is not the only consideration when picking your destination server. Presh bought up a few other good points, and there are other factors too, like the "APAC community". I just believe that any pvp guild or player going anywhere but the Bastion will end up regretting it in the long run. Lots of people have been posting what they feel or believe is how the bastion works, and i am only trying to present the on the ground facts from a guild already playing there.

i think majority of the apac community is going to Harbinger. so that wont be a problem unless youre going to the bastion. if they regret it then there will be transfers sometime this year anyway.

My point of view for Dalborra pvp... Our current pvp status is pretty much competitive pub vs pub.. I believe MDN dominated by the imps.. If MDN moves to Bastion regardless of Dalborra staying to harbringer... Scenario is you'll end up with perhaps quality pvp every know and then and definitely less wz pops at prime time since a moving MDN server is already dead and harb will end becoming the next APAC consolidated server since majority will be there... What competitive pvp are you guys after? Im sure dalborra would be able to somehow entice your pvp appetites. Another option maybe have The bastion people to make characters in the harbringer if they really want to compete with the best pvpers, maybe they should...

so you think warzones work differently on bastion? a good 4man premade doesnt just steam roll everyone? the pugs are actually good there? ive heard a lot different... ive actually heard they are worse and theres more of them.

Thats the thing. More often than not, its a good 4 man against a good 4 man. Warzones have more competition in general. There isn't just 1 guild on 1 side smashing every other poor team, they are more closely contested.

i think majority of the apac community is going to Harbinger. so that wont be a problem unless youre going to the bastion. if they regret it then there will be transfers sometime this year anyway.

Thats fine Obiray, or Obiraysbrother. :) If they go there then thats what they decide, im not that fussed either way, although i never say no to more aussies on the bastion. I'm just providing some info so people can make an informed decision.

Im currently playing in bastion at the moment... Pre 50 is just the same as our random pugs back in JJT.. Dalborra has way better pre 50 pugs than this...

*** is with the yanks playing sorcs/sage lowbies... Their first 1v1 attack on you is their aoe...... Seriously why???

It's understandable that the APAC players that moved to Bastion early, back when our population problems first started, want us to go to the Bastion. It would be better however if we all stuck together and move to the one server. At the moment The Harbinger seems to be this server, which makes sense. It has a healthier population during our prime time, and ranked PvP will be more balanced, especially in regards to ping if all of APAC go there. It would be really silly to split the community. Edited by SourStrap