The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

Ok chief, lets say you were a US pvper and had to transfer to an APAC server...

You've got master D - lower population but get to verse guilds like core and Midian which you know will have awesome pvp.

Or you've got dalborra - higher population but people on the server are telling you that the pvp isn't that good and Theres only 1 ranked team to verse and they aren't as good as the players on master dar'nala.

^i think this is why jeck changed his decision. Keep in mind that they also don't have a population problem as well

Flaws in your argument.

Mdn has 2 teams, Dalborra one guild (you have no idea how good or bad this guild is, could be just as good and by the posts one of the guys has been making from this guild on harbs and here he sounds very confident.) So not much difference at all (Besides midian has fallen apart atm so I don't know if you could count them in this for now)

Not much of a difference.

I haven't seen anyone who plays on the Harbinger say the pvp sucks, I have seen a thread by one person on their forums about some frustrations he's experiencing in ranked, but I've also talked to this said person who is confident about the competition in ranked on the server. You can't use people from another server as a source of 'the pvp sucks on server A and is amazing on server B which is my home server.'

Of course people from the Harbinger are hungry for more competition, by the sounds of it so are people on The Bastion, so you can't really use any people rerolling to Bastion from harbs as a sign either, unless it was all the top pvpers from the harbs rerolling there.

-larger apac pop

- constant pops larger activity in prime time

- aussie ranked + harbs teams that want to join in

I do see these points as valid if majority of dalbs and mdn do choose to roll on Bastion tho.

After speaking to some of the guys from the top imp teams the + harbs teams part looks quite viable as well as 7pm sydney time is about midway through quite a bit of their ranked action as well.

Don't want to rip your argument apart, just my opinion and I'm sure that bastion could say some of the same

but the big thing for me is the pop their is a large difference tbh.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact there will be good PVPers from Dalborra going to the Harbinger. Guys that used to belong to the <EPOCH> guild on The Jekk'Jekk Tarr were Midian's main competition in Aussie prime time, think they just went to Dalborra as they were a PVE/PVP guild like us. How many there'll be I don't know.

After much discussion as a guild, <Core> has decided to roll on Bastion.

This decision has come after liasing with other guilds in regards to Rated warzones and assessing the potential pros/cons for each server.

I completely understand other guilds decisions to transfer to the PVE server as the increased population of pvers in our primetime would definitely be a plus for anyone wishing to do pve content.

I apologise for misleading in my previous posts and potentially splitting APAC PVPers but it actually does look like Bastion has a stronger pvp scene as far as rateds go.

If PVP is what people want to do, head to Bastion. Currently there are the Elite, Synergy and once transfers hit Core also. That is 3 competitive teams from our timezone, let alone the other halfdozen RWZ teams queuing in US primetime.

Will be sending imp toons to Harbinger in the case of anything happening but for the meantime Bastion it is!

please don't bring Obiray..........

I know for a fact there will be good PVPers from Dalborra going to the Harbinger. Guys that used to belong to the <EPOCH> guild on The Jekk'Jekk Tarr were Midian's main competition in Aussie prime time, think they just went to Dalborra as they were a PVE/PVP guild like us. How many there'll be I don't know.

There are 6 of us left which came from JJT, overall i have 26 quality pvpers moving to harbringer... As ive said, the only reason we choose harbringer over bastion? Same as why we chose dalborra, it has the less probability of becoming a dead server and most dalborra guilds are moving there. Hence a bigger apac community.. If youre issue is about the pvp experience..... Go to dalborra.... Youll have more fun there than bastion... We take pvp seriously, we even made a a pvp imp guild roll to an rp server😜

if the bastion dies the game dies and lowbie pvp dont mean nothing

No offense but the same can be said for the Harbinger. As it is right now the Harbinger hold the largest population with a very healthy divide between Republic and Empire players.

added: and depending on who you ask lowbie pvp could mean ALOT... I'm not a lowbie pvper btw but I know a number of people that enjoy lowbie pvp.

Edited by LingeringDrama

Naw it's not too late, have a field day. Hey, just some general advice - if you're going to ask a guild for a /ginvite, you probably shouldn't turn around and criticize them on the forums while still a member of that guild, when you have other options such as /gchat or TS. Don't know why you did that, but whatever it's irrelevant now. Best of luck on whatever server you end up on.

i really have no idea what you are talking about but okay

enjoy your crazy road

Edited by Jumpchan

Ok chief, lets say you were a US pvper and had to transfer to an APAC server...

You've got master D - lower population but get to verse guilds like core and Midian which you know will have awesome pvp.

Or you've got dalborra - higher population but people on the server are telling you that the pvp isn't that good and Theres only 1 ranked team to verse and they aren't as good as the players on master dar'nala.

^i think this is why jeck changed his decision. Keep in mind that they also don't have a population problem as well

Good question. Yes I would reroll Dalborra.

Sure MDN has the 'top' pvp guilds. But how many times did they actually play? I know for a fact that outside RAW Core hasn't versed Midian or even Ewok'aplse in months.

Sure Core will get a handful of decent games against <Hey, I'm MVP> and flatten The-Elite but if you compare it to MDN,

the 'top' pvp will not last.

The Harbinger will have all the classic MDN guilds such as Strike Team, Black Sun, Pandemic, Ewok, Wookie Leaks, Legit. It would also have Icesis and Resk and the next RAW competitions.

PLUS

The majority of Dalborra community, which could include guild merges and new rivalries.

PLUS

The huge American presence. I mean come on, 3 fleet instances at Australian peak time last night.

Would I trade this huge server with tons of guilds and possibilities for a few decent games against the 'top teams' at 9am in the morning because that's the only way you'll get competitive PVP?

No I wouldn't.

Can't wait to play with MDN (minus Core) on Harbinger!

Edited by Weeeeee

Sure MDN has the 'top' pvp guilds. But how many times did they actually play? I know for a fact that outside RAW Core hasn't versed Midian or even Ewok'aplse in months.

Sure Core will get a handful of decent games against <Hey, I'm MVP> and flatten The-Elite but if you compare it to MDN,

The Harbinger will have all the classic MDN guilds such as Strike Team, Black Sun, Pandemic, Ewok, Wookie Leaks, Legit. It would also have Icesis and Resk and the next RAW competitions.

PLUS

The majority of Dalborra community, which could include guild merges and new rivalries.

PLUS

The huge American presence. I mean come on, 3 fleet instances at Australian peak time last night.

Would I trade this huge server with tons of guilds and possibilities for a few decent games against the 'top teams' at 9am in the morning because that's the only way you'll get PVP?

No I wouldn't.

These are all decent points but I would add that whoever beats MVP will be able to claim being best in the world which would be a signifocant achievement.

LOL you forgot you asked us for a ginvite? Silly girl.

i have never? think you have the wrong dude sir - just to clairfy i am not mosus

not only that the underlying point is incorrect as i never attack the elite i said their voice shouldnt count in a apac discussion. thats an opinion

also i attacked you because you are a **** who moved on to agressive overtones and sheer elitism to bring your point across edit also childish behaviour

also on your point to chief i remmeber you laughing about competition on this game quite sometime ago saying all the guilds that were world class have left, and all thats left is rabble so if you beat mvp according you said guild would be best of the rabble that is left

sorry i dont have that kind of time to go back 4 months to find quotes

Edited by Jumpchan

PLUS

PLUS

Would I trade this huge server with tons of guilds and possibilities for a few decent games against the 'top teams' at 9am in the morning because that's the only way you'll get competitive PVP?

No I wouldn't.

Bro, you know as well as I that guilds on MDN haven't shown any real interest in RWZ despite us pushing it.

We would all rather go to a server with existing teams rather than waiting in hope that APAC guilds FINALLY get teams together and queue because it hasn't happened before. I definitely agree that if guilds/players want to do PVE then the increased overall population helps but as far as dedicated PVP guilds, Bastion is the go.

No hard feelings man, we understand you have RL mates going to Harb and it's all sweet, never know what will happen in the future anyway.

You're always welcome to play with us of course.

Edited by wikd

Just wanted to say that there's more than one guild doing Ranked on dalborra seems to be some misconceptions

My current guild TA has participated in rated matches for months the ranked scene is pretty much dead ATM with people waiting for 2.0 but the past 5 months we have Participated in ranked wz every night of the week avergeing around 5-6 hrs per night

We have enough players for 2 teams and frequently organised in house whien no other teams were queuing

With That said spc (MVP) is the only guild we have not been able to beat but I'm confident that as our skill and team cohesion improves we will be able to offer them better competition

Also Snx imp guild supposedly are disbanding and moving on these guy were our main competition and we versed each other frequently we lost a lot of matches but as we improved managed to even the score and get some good wins

Just a short list of some of the guilds (not all) that have joined ranked matches on a regular basis

Spc

Snx

TA

Corvus

Mind walkers

A little bit gimp

Edited by Ren_simp

I feel like this discussion has reached lofty heights since my last read through...

As I've said before, I'm happy to take BR wherever the numbers go, but I will await full details from BW, then talk to my guild before I pull the trigger on any move.

Just wanted to say that there's more than one guild doing Ranked on dalborra seems to be some misconceptions

My current guild TA has participated in rated matches for months the ranked scene is pretty much dead ATM with people waiting for 2.0 but the past 5 months we have Participated in ranked wz every night of the week avergeing around 5-6 hrs per night

We have enough players for 2 teams and frequently organised in house whien no other teams were queuing

With That said spc (MVP) is the only guild we have not been able to beat but I'm confident that as our skill and team cohesion improves we will be able to offer them better competition

Also Snx imp guild supposedly are disbanding and moving on these guy were our main competition and we versed each other frequently we lost a lot of matches but as we improved managed to even the score and get some good wins

Just a short list of some of the guilds (not all) that have joined ranked matches on a regular basis

Spc

Snx

TA

Corvus

Mind walkers

A little bit gimp

dude dont kid yourself. everyone stopped queuing when SPC started facerolling everyone and no one wanted to verse them.

ranked pvp in dalborra is dead and only ques up if its organized and you will only play guilds that are even competitors. even if these guys are queuing its not high end competitive

dude dont kid yourself. everyone stopped queuing when SPC started facerolling everyone and no one wanted to verse them.

ranked pvp in dalborra is dead and only ques up if its organized and you will only play guilds that are even competitors. even if these guys are queuing its not high end competitive

Ranked was dead before MVP changed to spc we stopped doing ranked after 1.7 when everyone had full elite and not much reason to queue

These guys are good but they usually fielded a team at the end of the night when most teams had had enough

And out of weeks of queuing ranked we versed these guys probly 5 times 0ut of the 140+ Matches I have participated in and we had some of their players join our teams on occasion because they didn't have enough player to form their own

I personally don't care where people go its the impression that none will queue against them its all half truths

And trumpet blowing. There's only 2-3 players from that guild that are amazingly good players IMO and they could

Carry any group to a win

Edited by Ren_simp

we have been watching the warzones all day on both servers and just did a search on how many lvl 50s warzones running on the servers...

harbinger - 1 warzone

bastion - 3 warzones

bastion has had more lvl 50 warzones running all day. even though the harbinger has a higher pop on the fleet atm.

id definitely recommend everyone who wants to pvp go to bastion and everyone who wants to PvE or hang out on the fleet with more people to talk to try the harbinger... theres not 1 right server for everyone so youll have to choose depending on what play style you prefer.

All the these talk would have been solved if BW have merged all APAC into one server. But since we were not given this option I think all would have to think of your playstyle and what do you really want to do or achieved in this game. In truth yes harb has the higher population, but I think most rolled in mdn in the 1st place is to have PvP fun and the ocassional ops run. So for those of guys who want to prove yourself in PvP, bastion is the server to go to.

The population is also high enough to find enough ppl for ops as well.

Equilibrium is keen to look for more ppl to do ops.

Siamgi