The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the elite are not a apac guild they havnt been for months now. they are not included in these talks everyone already knows they are at the bastion

Thats fair enough to not be called an APAC guild. We haven't been on MDN for a fair while now. However, we are almost all APAC located players as a guild and hence, do count towards these discussions as it gives other guilds/players people from the same time zone to play with/against. Weather or not they want to is their own decision, but i believe it is more than justified and fair that we be listed here for others to know about and be included in these talks.

For the record, as someone mentioned, once MVP got geared, they had a positive record to the best of my knowledge, including against SS from Harbs.

I can understand people wanting a higher population and hence favouring Harbringer.

In my mind, if you are a serious pvper, and want to play the best team(possibly best teams plural, as a few others are very good) in rateds, there is only one choice. The Bastion. If you want to call yourself the best, then play the best on the bastion and prove it. Just my opinion.

For the record, alot of members from <The Elite> have leveled two of the same class, (1 MDN 1 Bastion), so in cases like that the duplicate is going to the harbringer, but, as it stands atm, we still intend on keeping The Bastion as our home. The RWZ scene is alive and with healthy competition. Normal WZ pops are never ending.

Proxii, be good to see you in on Bastion, if your looking for a home, look us up.

well as i was in prime aussie time and the members on the elite were in the single digits i dont think its fair to even count them

come play thers about 6 of us who are actualyl active..

Edited by Jumpchan

To clarify who the best guilds are.

Yes MVP lost on the first week on the PTS vs Squirtle Squad from Harb 6-2? But this was with lvl 50 gear in a fresh server with untested balance.

They then had another organised rated challenge a few weeks later and the 2 top guild that came out of that were Nostrum Dolus and MVP with MVP the only team that had a positive win loss ration against the former making them the best Rated team in the world* (* = obviously not every team participated but they were the best in that competition)

I don't know about Harbinger in general but Bastion runs many Rated teams.

Hey I'm MVP

Synergy A team

Synergy B team

Don't Panic

Strictly Business

Hakuna Rakata

Crits and giggles

Into the Darkness

Crecendo

Sorry for Parytying

The Elite (but we find it hard getting regular games b/c of the time zone difference but we have had a a few games already)

Then there are random Fleet pugs and a couple other guilds that que every now and again

The Elite will be on the Bastion doing rated Auusie prime time for those that want to play us.

Edited by Stavroz

well as i was in prime aussie time and the members on the elite were in the single digits i dont think its fair to even count them

Oh, sigh.

6 core members for our rated team is not 6 active players.

Troll will be troll. Running along now, adults are talking. No more food for you.

did you read the whole post or are you blind good sir

while 6 was just a random number i picked out of my *** i had no idea you dont even have a team

also while it might be fantastic to vs american teams youd be hard pressed to find 8 guys who want to play ranked between 6am -6pm

Edited by Jumpchan

Sad to see people are burning bridges because of the option of going to Harbinger as opposed to Bastion. Some of us have been playing together (as friends, rivals, guildies, teammates what have you) since launch and it's sad seeing these relationships didn't really mean much in the end afterall. If I recall correctly we have been more than welcoming of all comers who wanted to check out the Bastion with an active group of PVPers and sad to see this **** happening on the forums as opposed to /gchat or TS. Edited by iheartnyc

Not sure where you get this from Jumpy.

here are the screenshots of the guild activity in the last 24 hours.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7213/1roster.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6897/2roster.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9365/3roster.jpg

Taking out Duplicate toons (alts) that about 30 diffrent members loging in over a 24hour period.

I dont mind the critsizm but if your going to troll make sure you know *** you are talking about and can back it up with proof.

As you can see its 11:30pm and we got 8 online as well with spoon and thrash playing Mechwarrior but online anyway.

while 6 was just a random number i picked out of my *** i had no idea you dont even have a team

Man you knew what we are trying to accomplish. We have more than enough to form a couple of teams and have done rated. We want to get a "core A-team" to go up against <Hey I'm MVP> A-team and whatnot instead of half-assing it.. We're still not there yet in terms of team comp and getting BiS geared since we're all relatively new to the server.

The point about great PVP rated teams on the Bastion is moot, unless they happen to play in APAC prime time,

which I think Ghoppa's own words speak volumes...

The Elite (but we find it hard getting regular games b/c of the time zone difference but we have had a a few games already)

The APAC prime time server pop on Bastion when I have checked matches Wards numbers

from this post (I also agree with his sentiments in the final sentence)

ust a random snapshot of server populations now that I'm home.

8PM AEST fleet populations IMP./PUB

Basation 135/77

Harbinger 185/149

Harbinger is going to get the biggest influx of Australian players too. I'll do some more checks at different times but given our current circumstances I have an unhealthy fixation with population.

I think considering the disparity between the current APAC prime time population of Harbinger and Bastion, (double the pop in the case of Rep numbers) AND that we should be concerned primarily about people who will be PVPing in our prime time.. there is a great case to be made for making The Harbinger the default APAC server.

Splitting up a small population is a MISTAKE, and the Harbinger gives us the best starting population.

My only concern with the Harbinger is its stability, all else seems good. Regarding idiots, well you get them everywhere..

If you want to play against the best Yanks..well by all means but your going to be playing 1pm-5pm AEDT approx, which is 7pm-11pm their prime time (West Coast time).

"how more and more retarded" - Read that again and then slap yourself once you see the irony of your post.

I actually hope that wherever we all go its not the server you are on. Maybe if every second post on the Oceanic consolidation thread for the last 6 months wasn't you shouting everyone down and saying the latency isnt that bad we'd still have a server.

You walked out on this community, went out of your way to encourage as many people as you could to do the same and now want to welcome everyone to your new server with open arms.

Please.

The point about great PVP rated teams on the Bastion is moot, unless they happen to play in APAC prime time,

which I think Ghoppa's own words speak volumes...

Yep. Fair enough. For the record:

I have played 16 ranked games, with 7 wins and 9 losses in the last 3 weeks, all against the better yankie teams. We aren't getting alot of RWZ pops on weeknights, although that is more to do with our guild, not other peoples. Snyergy has alot on all the time, and most weeknights around 9-10pm melbourne time they have been asking for rated games. If you talk to guild leaders on the server, they are happy to organize games whenever as they are on mostly 24/7.

As i type just now, we are about to que up against MVP in a no smash no bubblestun game. (12:30am thurs night/fri morning)

Just wanted to post it here for anybodys curiousity.

I actually hope that wherever we all go its not the server you are on. Maybe if every second post on the Oceanic consolidation thread for the last 6 months wasn't you shouting everyone down and saying the latency isnt that bad we'd still have a server.

You walked out on this community, went out of your way to encourage as many people as you could to do the same and now want to welcome everyone to your new server with open arms.

Please.

Got a short memory? It's only after all of my guildies and teammates (including Chippy) quit the game that some of us decided to look for other options to continue playing. And a bunch of the people you call "your community" had left the game for long stretches of time to play D3, GW2 or LoL while we were still trying to maintain this "community" and keep it working through the long summer and fall of last year where EA gave us no updates to the game. It was only in the last month or so that I rerolled on the Bastion and said the latency was manageable.

Whatever man, I've done more than my share to keep this community going. But yeah, call me a traitor.

And enjoy playing on the US servers, where just a day or two ago your "community" was clammoring about how "unplayable" it was and how they were going to unsub. Sorry for trying to be a voice of reason and optimism.

By the way who is your main on APAC?

Edited by iheartnyc

Yep. Fair enough. For the record:

I have played 16 ranked games, with 7 wins and 9 losses in the last 3 weeks, all against the better yankie teams. We aren't getting alot of RWZ pops on weeknights, although that is more to do with our guild, not other peoples. Snyergy has alot on all the time, and most weeknights around 9-10pm melbourne time they have been asking for rated games. If you talk to guild leaders on the server, they are happy to organize games whenever as they are on mostly 24/7.

As i type just now, we are about to que up against MVP in a no smash no bubblestun game. (12:30am thurs night/fri morning)

Just wanted to post it here for anybodys curiousity.

Currently watching you guys play on justbodies stream, gl guys

People thinking about going to Bastion should reconsider. All items on gtm are more expensive than on Harbinger. There are less players than Harbinger especially at night. I have both max level characters on both servers, but been wanting to transfer off Bastion since I was forced transferred a few months ago.

People thinking about going to Bastion should reconsider. All items on gtm are more expensive than on Harbinger. There are less players than Harbinger especially at night. I have both max level characters on both servers, but been wanting to transfer off Bastion since I was forced transferred a few months ago.

what is the world pvp like on the bastion, im still undecided where to go

what is the world pvp like on the bastion, im still undecided where to go

The only world pvp I seen on Bastion has been doing dailies, but I also seen that happen on Harbinger. I imagine that leveling on Bastion would be the same as old Swiftsure before the APAC servers were created. Basically, it's a pve server. There isn't much world pvp happening in any of the pvp swtor servers, which is why I didn't bother with Bastion after the force transfers. The only world pvp you will most likely experience is some random ganking. It's nothing like wow world pvp like invading cities and so forth. However, I haven't leveled any characters on Bastion.

I spent most of time on Harbinger with some occasional time on Bastion. I don't know if on Bastion the factions fight over world bosses, but on Harbinger some world pvp some times happens when the two factions fight over a world boss.

As I stated both servers will have the usual ganking going on assuming you flag your self on Harbinger. I was gank on Illum a few times or got indirectly involve due to some group member being flagged ect. The same thing probably was happen on Illum with ganking on Bastion, but I didn't do any dailies on Illum during Gree event. Not about to grind that rep twice on two different servers.

Edited by Knockerz

As alot of BOSS are already on Harbinger and I have 50s there and my son plays there it's an easy answer for me.

I think, if you want to look at it pessimistically, that if it SWTOR ever sucked so bad that only one server was viable...the Harbinger will be the ulitmate destination server for everyone...so in advance of probable sucking ...Harb, the PvP is as good and the GTN is better.

Is this Boss guild the same guild that is already on Harbinger? I pvp in ramdons with these players in the guild called "Boss" on harbinger. Just wondering if they are the same.

Edited by Knockerz

You can add <Wookie Leaks> to the list of guild heading to the Harbinger.

Note tho that the guild will be playing it by ear untill the time comes, also a few are still undecided as to move or unsub/stay unsubbed.

Another thing ppl may want to look at to lower ping is use Internode as their ISP as they have a dedicated gaming server in LA (not far from the Harb/bastion servers in SanFran) and/or use a program like smoothping.

Thnx Bob

We won1 lost 3

2 losses could have gone either way but the last game we got beaten convincingly.

That team was 5 MVP and 3 good randoms from their Friends list, its really a B team and we still have a losing record against them. Comp here is good as i have been saying.

Same with Synergy we played the B team and went 2-2 ironically the 2 games we lost they had a disconnect but we won the 8v8 which is funny.

Thnx Bob

We won1 lost 3

2 losses could have gone either way but the last game we got beaten convincingly.

That team was 5 MVP and 3 good randoms from their Friends list, its really a B team and we still have a losing record against them. Comp here is good as i have been saying.

Same with Synergy we played the B team and went 2-2 ironically the 2 games we lost they had a disconnect but we won the 8v8 which is funny.

We had some awesome fun.

http://i.imgur.com/eeGF8gU.jpg

This match was my first time ever playing combat spec. So much fun :) Sorry team!

Edited by iheartnyc