The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so many from Master D prefer Harbinger.

No man. And this is why what the OP did is ridiculous. Half those guilds he listed as being for Harbinger are undecided/have already rolled onto the Bastion.

Still waiting for OP to update list....

Quite a lot of people if you actually bothered to talk to people (and/or read this thread) who are trying to figure out which server to go to.

Doesn't make your pointless banter and bickering valid. Maybe try keeping to the OPs thread title, and go whinge about people potentially rolling or not rolling on your server elsewhere.

Doesn't make your pointless banter and bickering valid. Maybe try keeping to the OPs thread title, and go whinge about people potentially rolling or not rolling on your server elsewhere.

Lol at the guy who unsubbed trying to play hall monitor on the forums.

And if you think that having an accurate list of guild destinations in a thread titled "The Bastion or the Harbinger" is "pointless banter and bickering" then OK good luck with that.

Edited by iheartnyc

Strange that Dalborra wants to go to Bastion and so many from Master D prefer Harbinger. According to Eric Musco, this is an aberration and couldn't possibly reflect the opinions of the people that play this game...

The main reason we thinking of bastion is because at least they want us there and tbh most of harbringer seem like douchebags

the elite are not a apac guild they havnt been for months now. they are not included in these talks everyone already knows they are at the bastion

and for that novare coast beside the horrible horrible comentating , the jugg tank we were following did alot of standing around and looking

and the only way anyone capped was abusing the hidding bug cept for the end when they actualyl used coordination stunning

both servers are full of ******es if you want to go where there are no ******es

play a single player game

Edited by Jumpchan

Just a random snapshot of server populations now that I'm home.

8PM AEST fleet populations IMP./PUB

Basation 135/77

Harbinger 185/149

Harbinger is going to get the biggest influx of Australian players too. I'll do some more checks at different times but given our current circumstances I have an unhealthy fixation with population.

That contradicts what I had heard....This is the report that I saw:

"MVP and nostrum dolus were the top 2 teams that really played. couple teams we didnt play but got destroyed by ND and like one other team we didnt really play enough to judge them fully but were a solid team. we were also the only team to manage a positive record vs ND. pretty much every other team was roflstomped by them and we were up 5-2 on them."

MVP is a Bastion IMP team and ND is an EU team. They are talking about 2.0 PTS WZs.

Emphasis in bold, yep.. i was on my phone and couldn't be bothered searching coping pasting etc the exact link. 6-1, 7-3.. meh,same same, six of one half a dozen of the other... the point was Harb is as good if not better at PvP., in that instance.

Sorry for not searching the precise fact but i believe you got the gist...anyway, your already on Bastion...consolidate your accounts.

On average it's as you'd expect, the 'general' quality on Harb is just that...general, but the best players from Harb rolled the best players from Bastion on the pts, i'm not sure if there was a rematch but i think it was 6-1... so if you're gonna play ranked then the quality is high on both servers..the average WZ though... i just finished 9 games only 2 were with guildies and we won 8, so great for getting your weekly done :)

From what I understand, this was only the first night when MVP was still in 50 gear, after that night, when they got geared, they beat harbingers team, squirtle squad/bulbarsour battalion more often than not. Also keep in mind, MVP is one of the top 4 guilds on the bastion, and the only one that did rateds on pts, so lots of talent on the bastion still. Dug these streams up from an MVP streamer, didn't go through it though, it's a lot to digest.

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/374748645

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/373521612

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/374039757

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/376235599

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/375109904

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/375102959

Emphasis in bold, yep.. i was on my phone and couldn't be bothered searching coping pasting etc the exact link. 6-1, 7-3.. meh,same same, six of one half a dozen of the other... the point was Harb is as good if not better at PvP., in that instance.

Sorry for not searching the precise fact but i believe you got the gist...anyway, your already on Bastion...consolidate your accounts.

Since many of us rolled "mirror classes" we're actually trying to figure out whether to bring over APAC accounts to Bastion (where it would be redundant) or to Harb. Haven't figured it out yet.

The main reason we thinking of bastion is because at least they want us there and tbh most of harbringer seem like douchebags

Fair call! Wasn't passing judgement on you guys, more that Eric told everyone that one of the main reasons not to merge APAC was so that people could keep their chosen play style. Seems no-one gives a flying ****, but hey, what would we know? We're just the people that pay and play. Bioware clearly knows best...

fml, please go to bastion

@opfotm

you really don't understand; in terms of pvp, the players on master dar'nala (these days?) are horrible. you don't want to encourage them onto harb lol - especially since you predominantly play imp side.

Proxxii are you going to be playing on Harbinger? Haven't seen you in Bastion but looks like you have a toon over there as well.

Hit me up. (Eliteduelist)

p.s. I still feel bad I didn't group with you for lowbie PVP group months ago because I was doing space missions :p

Edited by iheartnyc

Just a random snapshot of server populations now that I'm home.

8PM AEST fleet populations IMP./PUB

Basation 135/77

Harbinger 185/149

Harbinger is going to get the biggest influx of Australian players too. I'll do some more checks at different times but given our current circumstances I have an unhealthy fixation with population.

This is the only thing that concerns me. From what I've seen both bastion and harb have terrible pug pvp and quite strong rated teams. Other then that it's really a population choice.

As it stand harb is much bigger, about 250 imp and 200 pub 50's on now, compared to 130 imp and 96 pub 50's on the bastion.

As it stands I think ewok are going to go to the harbinger.

Proxxii are you going to be playing on Harbinger?

I will play whereever the least number of master dar'nala pvpers end up. Currently, it looks like

- My Sin is going to Harb

- My Sniper is going to Harb

- My GS is going to Bastion - (fatnerd is considered the best Sniper on NA West Coast, so naturally I'm keen to challenge him and maybe actually learn something from another GS/Sniper - something that hasn't happened since Shenoto and Ambeon left the game)

- Any other 50's I have on MDN which people don't know about are going to Bastion

- (I already have 2 toons at 50 on the Harb which I leveled a month or so ago.)

Why no love for MDN? Simple, most of the people I'm interested in playing with and against have either quit the game or wont be transferring, while the rest of the pvp community are bad enough with good pings lol.

Edited by ambitiousapple

fml, please go to bastion

@opfotm

you really don't understand; in terms of pvp, the players on master dar'nala (these days?) are horrible. you don't want to encourage them onto harb lol - especially since you predominantly play imp side.

The funny thing is you're pretty horrible yourself tbh.