The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

Full on, fair competition between us and American lag-free teams was never a possibility. I'll probably send 1 character to the Bastion for ranked but that's about it.

People hating on each other and other server's isn't really helping the situation, but eh I can understand where both sides are coming from. It all comes down to priorities. I'd hate to roll onto the Bastion with10 other aussies then in 2months there's not enough people on at our peak time to get constant pops.

Edited by ausmisc

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope people see the light and roll bastion. It's the only competetive ranked pvp scene left, the top guilds on harbinger are already in the 'bored and doing balance ranked' stage - just refer to this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616604

For anyone valuing the PTS results (which i played on - class balance was quite poor when these guilds vs'd each other) you need to read the forums closer - bastion guilds like mvp only lost when they had by FAR the worse gear. Not only that Harbinger only has a couple of competitive guilds left in the ranked scene - both of which are bored and wishing they were playing on bastion.

Sorry presh my attention got stuck on this...

The teams left from MDN are but a crappy shell of the talent that used to be on the APAC servers. Most of the good players have long since left the game. Some good people left still but not enough to dominate or take over a server.

So why does this guy want us on bastion???

That's the bottom line ward. I don't care who I play, we've all been through enough that if you're still playing, you just want to play. Idc if it's ranked, non ranked, against good players or bad, I just want to play without having to wait anywhere from 5 to 35 minutes between games.

So why does this guy want us on bastion???

so we can put you in your place like we do everyone else. its pretty fun actually, and funny how the EU teams on the pts did fine with lat and the pts is far more unstable then any live server. lag is an excuse bads use when they get f'ed up and dont want to admit it

so we can put you in your place like we do everyone else. its pretty fun actually, and funny how the EU teams on the pts did fine with lat and the pts is far more unstable then any live server. lag is an excuse bads use when they get f'ed up and dont want to admit it

I actually agree with this. I think that's why all the bastions want us to go there but it feels good not to give them the satisfaction.

You're right, latency could never have any noticeable effect in an online game. Must just be my imagination that 5 x the ping really does delay things. Jump on the aussie servers and play a sin in huttball and tell me it's the same as playing on the Bastion. Americans who always have the game servers in America seem to think lag is a myth perpetrated by international bads. I don't think I'd feel much pride in beating teams playing with a hand tied behind their back.

Edited by ausmisc

You're right, latency could never have any noticeable effect in an online game. Must just be my imagination that 5 x the ping really does delay things. Jump on the aussie servers and play a sin in huttball and tell me it's the same as playing on the Bastion. Americans who always have the game servers in America seem to think lag is a myth perpetrated by international bads. I don't think I'd feel much pride in beating teams playing with a hand tied behind their back.

hmmmmmmm again the eu people not complaining about lag and still winning right because that was a myth too. considering their ms was around 200-300 usually. complain about lat more when really, ur just bad

Edited by rmitchell

hmmmmmmm again the eu people not complaining about lag and still winning right because that was a myth too. considering their ms was around 200-300 usually. complain about lat more when really, ur just bad

Why would they complain about the lag? They are a well known POT5 team who were playing on the US servers, it stands to reason that most people would know they were playing at a disadvantage. Good on them- they played for a couple of weeks or whatever with the temporary PTS copies. They weren't deciding which server to roll to full time so it's not really comparable is it? There are a myriad of things to consider for those that are going to continue playing, latency is one of them. Yes it's the same on both servers, but it might have an effect on whether people PVP as much, or get into PVE.

I know you're here trying to get some more players on your server but you aren't doing it much justice atm.

Edited by ausmisc

Whoah son, the last thing Ward is is bad... argue all you want but that fact is not true.

Also, this...

That's the bottom line ward. I don't care who I play, we've all been through enough that if you're still playing, you just want to play. Idc if it's ranked, non ranked, against good players or bad, I just want to play without having to wait anywhere from 5 to 35 minutes between games.

This is 100% ...all i want is to wait 5 minutes for a pop...i get this on Harb, it's nice to play great games but at the end of the day game is what i want...lots of them an no wait, we suffered a long time.

Edited by cuttothechase

Why would they complain about the lag? They are a well known POT5 team who were playing on the US servers, it stands to reason that most people would know they were playing at a disadvantage. Good on them- they played for a couple of weeks or whatever with the temporary PTS copies. They weren't deciding which server to roll to full time so it's not really comparable is it? There are a myriad of things to consider for those that are going to continue playing, latency is one of them. Yes it's the same on both servers, but it might have an effect on whether people PVP as much, or get into PVE.

I know you're here trying to get some more players on your server but you aren't doing it much justice atm.

LOL nostrum dolus is from Red Eclipse, the EU PVE server. Impulse is from TOFN a PVP server, reality check from Red Eclipse. need i continue? we did play pot5 teams. but the teams im talking about arent from POT5 LOL

Sorry, I don't know the servers that well. Same deal.

the fact is they were competitive on a US server being from EU, some from Russia which is about as far as you can get in terms of lat to the US. you are making excuses for yourself so when you get beat you can just fall back on that.

So do you feel they would have beat you if it was you that had the 0.2 second+ latency? In my experience it's generally the bads that say ping doesn't matter, anyone who is actually decent notices the effect.

So why is this such a big deal to you? You've had your numerous "ur bad, badz" spiels, are you done then?

Edited by ausmisc

So do you feel they would have beat you if it was you that had the 0.2 second+ latency? In my experience it's generally the bads that say ping doesn't matter, anyone who is actually decent notices the effect.

So why is this such a big deal to you? You've had your numerous "ur bad, badz" spiels, are you done then?

no the lat difference wasnt enough to make or break a game, and thats something that THEY said about it. i guess i can understand going to an underskilled server. lower chance of failure.

Holy ****.... all this back and forth...

As cattaa said, apac players want Population first, then we worry bout all the rest. Whatever these Bastion boys are saying doesnt really matter coz they dont play at the same time we do.

All these problems started with population, dontcha think the smartest decision would be to consolidate our player base on one server?

Edit: There's always gonna be some people who value the better "pvp experience" over population. I guess these people have not been suffering the past 6-8 months as per the most of us.

Edited by SupaHsuB

I

Certain guilds like 'The-Elite' and players like yourself directly contributed to the end of competitive RWZ on our server. I don't know why you feel the need to post in this thread with this high almighty attitude after abandoning your own community and effectively bringing an end to our server.

lol Jeck yes 11 people if that killed the aussie server you are right LOL might as well blame every player that has unsubbed.

Didn't yourself and <Core> leave and unsub before <The Elite> even had a decent team on mdn

the fact is they were competitive on a US server being from EU, some from Russia which is about as far as you can get in terms of lat to the US. you are making excuses for yourself so when you get beat you can just fall back on that.

Lol, Ward is the furthest thing from bad you can get.. That is just fact as previously stated.

It is obvious you're pushing for the ideal that bastion is *the* place for competitive pvp, but you're not doing a very good job of it by raging and parading around essentially saying "bastion is the best we'll crush you all."

Holy ****.... all this back and forth...

As cattaa said, apac players want Population first, then we worry bout all the rest. Whatever these Bastion boys are saying doesnt really matter coz they dont play at the same time we do.

All these problems started with population, dontcha think the smartest decision would be to consolidate our player base on one server?

we actually do play into your timezone sometimes. since you know we have teams that actually que on this server unlike harb.

Honestly, they must be amazing to just ignore the false goals and missing the occasional interrupt. I've been playing on harbinger since November last year, and while I'm used to the lag, missing some interrupts and having false gobals occasionally due to the lag can be annoying sometimes. But I guess I'm no where near as good as those eu players, or you for that matter :p

we actually do play into your timezone sometimes. since you know we have teams that actually que on this server unlike harb.

Thanks for the reassurance that we will have people to play with if we move to bastion, we will take this into consideration when we make our decision.

Edited by SupaHsuB

lol Jeck yes 11 people if that killed the aussie server you are right LOL might as well blame every player that has unsubbed.

Didn't yourself and <Core> leave and unsub before <The Elite> even had a decent team on mdn

I didn't unsubscribe and yes I had a break from the game for a few months after a family member passed.

Just merely stating my opinion on a few things, you don't need to agree nor disagree with anything I say.

First and foremost we need population in OUR peak playing times, competition is obviously important but that comes secondary to actually having people to play against.

The supposed level of play of guilds that play at our 3am-10am is completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned as obviously we aren't going to be able to get our team on at 4am weekdays.

On another note, If I wanted ACTUAL COMPETITIVE PVP, I'd go and play starcraft, chess or Dota 2, not a game with so many varying factors such as Latencty/compositon/gear/ability to field the same 8 players all the time.

Like others have mentioned, this game and most of it's players are far past the 'competitive' pvp even if there was any and are at the stage where playing with high population and a good community is more important.

APAC lets stick together and build a community on Harbinger.

I second this and the other posts like it from Jump/ward etc.

Althought Midian and Core are in some ways leagues ahead of the other competition on MDN, RAW proves we can bring guilds together, and who knows with more added to the mix from Harbs and Dalborra the skills of those other guilds may improve and we may see new teams forming as well.

Let's build something and if you're keen like some to play bastion as well, if we get the choice, send a toon there as well. (Or don't send a toon and let it be force merged there when time comes) or roll a toon on bastion as well. Need to stop stroking each others e-peens and think about the community imo, but not only that think about yourselves there's potential for this game to continue to decline in numbers higher pop server means longer time playing.