Question of the Day 3/26/2013

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st. Scoundrel (guild main healer)

2nd Sage (Backup healer and ranged DPS toon for the guild)

3rd Sentinel (backup DPS toon)

4th Vanguard (for the rare chance we need another tank)

5th Sniper (Ptchoo ptchoo!)

6th Sorc (healer for empire side)

7th Merc (I do enjoy missle spam)

8th Juggernaught (empire tank toon)

9th Commando (Cuz I like big guns and I cannot lie)

10th DPS Guardian (Cuz I enjoy the vigilance playstyle)

11th Powertech (gogo PVP toon)

I have alot of leveling to do ;p

Was going to be my main, aka a DPS Powertech, but the DPS trees (AP/Pyro) got crapped on from a PVE DPS point of view in 2.0 so he's getting benched. I'm rolling a Marauder right now, hope to get him 50 before RotHC hits.

So in order:

1) Juggernaut tank (someone has to tank for my guild)

2) Assassin tank (...and someone has to tank for my other guild!)

3) Marauder

4) Sniper

5) Powertech :(

Edited by ScytheEleven

In 2.0 I am really liking my tank jug but I am more a dps person, so my choices are sniper or sage....I already mastered eng sniper and I want a challenge so going to level my tk sage. If I didn't have to completely regear I would probably have picked my assassin , I still may we will see.

Which character do you plan on leveling to 55 first when Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches on April 14th?

Personal Answer: My Sniper will be my first 55. She was my first 50 so it's fitting.

I still haven't made up my mind yet, but It will be definetly a republic char in my case a sentinel or a commando. Probably the commando, because I'm keen to see the class changes in (PVP) action.

I am obsessed with mobility and so the cover system isn't my cup of tea. I will definitely get a Sniper to the level cap eventually though :)

Just to clarify, I am not a developer so you shouldn't sweat my class selection :rak_03:

However, I actually spent 10 hours on Sunday at the office with some coworkers as a Mercenary healer doing Flashpoints and Warzones and I had a great time. Mercenary is on my list as my 6th or 7th character to the level cap.

Also Courtney is yelling at me to tell you that she has a level 42 Commando and it is top on her list to get to 50 next (she isn't a developer either).

Than you must have a dps sorc for pvp.

Which character do you plan on leveling to 55 first when Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches on April 14th?
Not sure. I'll probably level all a little, depending on how I feel and who's going to play with me. I've got 9 50s at the moment and three or four more should hit that level until the early access for the expansion (yeah, I have nothing else to do but grinding - which is insanely boring - until chat bubbles are finally implemented and I can enjoy my playstyle of social roleplay once again without getting severe headaches at larger events due to having to follow the chat scroll in the chat window instead of being able to focus on what people my character talks to say above their heads in the 3D space of the game).

There's a pretty well defined pecking order in my line-up of seven... the older the toon, the better his gear. They're all dps'ers so I don't need to take that into consideration. (Jugg will probably go tank when he reaches the level cap). So, unless there is some major upset brought about by the skill tree changes in 2.0 that puts me off any class in particular, I expect I'll go with:

JK Sentinel

TR Commando

SM 'slinger

BH Merc

JC Shadow

IA Sniper

SW Jugg

With the stated order, I might be able to save some credits and hand down gear too. Looking forward to the next couple of weekends when I'll be starting chapter 3 on my last two guys.

This question is so incredibly difficult to answer. By the time Rise hits I will hopefully be sitting at 5 level 50s.

• DPS Operative
  • Healing Scoundrel
  • DPS Assassin
  • Tank Juggernaut
  • Annihilation Marauder

How do I pick one?!? :(

Marauder makes the most sense with the group of friends I play with but man I am loving my Assassin right now. My class ADD is so strong. Luckily I have some time yet to make this decision.

So your first choice is the Lowest two dps types in the game Operative and assassin? and last is marauder?

How about lethality snipers which are one of the most mobile classes and currently the second most dps out there ... guessing you dont have a powertech either ... while the numbers now show PTs as the highest dps in the game i hear they are not even close at lvl 55 anymore ... but are still one of the easiest classes to play with a 4 button rotation that revolves mainly around 3 attacks.

Personally my order of importance (no pub toons to cap and not likely to see one soon either)

as a PVE raid focused player

1) DPS Sniper

2) DPS Merc

3) Healer Sorc

4) DPS PT

5) Tank Assassin

6) DPS Marauder

then start working on new 50s.

reasons:

1) Sniper first because snipers are always top end dps the changes are relitively minor and is my main PVP toon as well. Not only lis it high dps but also ranged which makes learning new mechanics a bit easier then melee in this game.

2) Merc second because he is my best geared toon and most common raid toon. Rotation is super easy and debuffs are part of base rotation which helps all dps increase. Plus able to swap to heal spec making it very versitile if needed

3) Sorc heals are always awesome, but with changes i also feel like sorc dps could be better ballanced in new content changes if alacrity changes work out well. Having a top end heals available is always great for end game raiding but also very easy to cap because you can easily gear out companions well enough that you can heal them through almost, if not, everything.

4) While reports of PTs not being top of the line dps in next update the rotation is 100 times easier then marauders and for that reason i would believe that once more balancing is done they will be up there either way... the easier the rotation the easier to maintain top numbers.

5/6) I take assasin tank over marauder mainly because as much as i love my marauder the class is too complicated for its worth and assasin tanks are great tanks. With so many high tier dps out there the marauder kinda loses out to either not enough dps for the risk factor of being melee or so complicated that the rotation loses itsself easily. I play annihilation marauder and yes i realize that htey CAN be some of the best dps atm ... outdone by only PTs and Snipers and that lethality has a harder rotation then marauders and its harder to maintain energy levels then rage levels generally speaking. But still i find my marauder gets second fiddle to almost all my other toons atm because there benifits do not balance well against there negatives to me.

the only classes on pub side i am interested in seeing to the end are Jedi Knight and smuggler for story aspects but this game so far has been far more interesting imp side dispite the fact that pubs have cooler looking gear AGAIN in 2.0.

LOL, my wife and I usually play as a duo, so my first 55 will be the character that is paired with the one she wants to go to 55 first.

I do have a Sniper that is mine and not paired and who hit 47 yesterday and I am loving the class (especially the story). I will definitely be leveling him first when I play alone.