2.0 DPS results for all classes

Gyronamics

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible to calculate roughly the DPS in a raid from these numbers.

My main problem will be my lack of understanding of non-trooper classes.

The only way to do that would be to see the parses of each raid boss for each class and spec and compare what they do on the dummy to find what percentage of their "optimal" dps they do on a boss fight. There are just too many factors in boss fights to do it any other way.

I mean "raid" as in including armour debuff, low hp damage boosts.

For example...

Here is the Assault Commando parse with modifications to include the effects of outside boosts:

2567 solo

2719 with an armour debuff

2759 with an armour debuff and 30% extra damage on DoT for the last 30% of health

Edited by Gyronamics

For example...

Here is the Assault Commando parse with modifications to include the effects of outside boosts:

2567 solo

2759 with an armour debuff and 30% extra damage on DoT for the last 30% of health

I see, but why do you need additional info for everything but commandos? You could pretty much take the info from the parser data to at least get the damage with an armor debuff for every class. The only thing that would be a problem is for classes with an active execute ability, which would really only make a big difference for the assassin, and a minor difference for a marauder, jugg, or sniper. Also, what armor rating were you using? I found on the PTS, bosses have somewhere between 35% and 40% armor.

Edited by bbare

For example...

2567 solo

You could check out my 1.6 dps simulation for powertech and try to get a feeling for the impact of armor debuff and DoT-Buff. The sheet still simulate live combat, but can be varied to respect the enemy armor value and every buff/debuff possible. From this analysis somebody could extrapolate the results...

Sorry that I dont deliver those numbers myself, but I'm on a trip and dont have MS Excel acces now..

Gyro do you plan on taking parses again now that it's live?

Also, peeps...calm down on the whole raid vs. dummy argument for dps output. Everyone should know certain classes/specs get buffed in raid more than others. A dummy parse is still the best guage to use since individual damage in an actual operation can vary depending on the group you're in (i.e. # of BTs, how fast you push phases, how often debuffs drop off from unaware players etc. The list goes on and on).

If you want to see how you're class/spec stacks up to others, learn how each class' damage is affected in raids (and better yet, specific fights). This is also the best method to see how you're rotation/priority system stacks up against the best in your spec barring any raid distractions.

Edited by odawgg

Gyro do you plan on taking parses again now that it's live?

Also, peeps...calm down on the whole raid vs. dummy argument for dps output. Everyone should know certain classes/specs get buffed in raid more than others. A dummy parse is still the best guage to use since individual damage in an actual operation can vary depending on the group you're in (i.e. # of BTs, how fast you push phases, how often debuffs drop off from unaware players etc. The list goes on and on).

If you want to see how you're class/spec stacks up to others, learn how each class' damage is affected in raids (and better yet, specific fights). This is also the best method to see how you're rotation/priority system stacks up against the best in your spec barring any raid distractions.

Also, the dummy parses are an excellent learning tool. I know I've learned how to play a few classes because I went in and viewed the logs to see their rotation/priority.

Hybrid Powertech still out dps's Merc after the nerfs + buffs? :confused:

No. The hybrid parse used a 2.0 adrenal. The merc parse did not. If you gave the merc parse the 2.0 adrenal, it would probably be above the PT Hybrid.

Correction, Merc used 2.0 adrenals, but didn't have 2.0 augments, which is even a wider gap than not having the adrenals. Plus there were changes after PTS closed for mercs, we aight don't worry :D

Can someone actually post the corresponding builds for these parses? Otherwise how are we supposed to try out these builds? Rotations would be nice as well.

Well i can tell you the Merc-Arsenal ones were:: 6/36/4 but not sure if it's the optimal alacrity options. Waiting for further testing to see if 1:1 crit/reaction and system cal or 0:2 for static 2% alacrity.

And I can't remember the Pyro build, I know I didn't use Thermo Det...I did some more parsing afterwards with Thermo Det and I saw more consistent results and were about the same DPS, makes sense since it utilizes another DoT that it would be less spikey.

Can someone actually post the corresponding builds for these parses?

Would be nice.

Rotations would be nice as well.

You can gather all the rotation info you need by reading the parses. It requires more effort, but the result is equivalent.

Since someone was curious about rotation, thought i'd post my tests on Engineering here :)

The first vid is kind of a "fun" video I made:

1) Engineering with cooldowns (this is a 2.0 Sniper burst test video. The Engineering section is at 1:30) -

2) Engineering single target rotation no cooldowns -

3) In actual PVE operations -

Edited by paowee

Just throwing in my very rough 1200dps as Immortal Specced Jugg in full tank gear. No Parse, just did the math after soloing trapjaw right on enrage timer as I was curious.

600000/(8x60) = 1250, as I was a couple secs over the enrage calling it 1200.

Would be nice.

You can gather all the rotation info you need by reading the parses. It requires more effort, but the result is equivalent.

Not for people who play imperial classes and don't know the names of the corresponding skills on republic characters.

Good time for you to learn what your mirror class attacks are then.

Easy way to learn is to know your mirror class uses them exactly as you do.

I won't be updating this anymore, all the info anyone needs in in the parses and it's still useful until it gets outgeared.

Edited by Gyronamics

Good time for you to learn what your mirror class attacks are then.

Easy way to learn is to know your mirror class uses them exactly as you do.

I won't be updating this anymore, all the info anyone needs in in the parses and it's still useful until it gets outgeared.

Would be nice if someone that is not a deuschebag replied, but I guess I was foolish to assume otherwise.

Would be nice if someone that is not a deuschebag replied, but I guess I was foolish to assume otherwise.

Would be nice if some people could do things on their own sometimes instead of expecting everyone else to hand you stuff on a silver platter, but I guess I was foolish to hope for that.

Talk about lazy! Take the time to do a little research on your own instead of expecting others to hold your hand and do it for you. Some people....

Yes, the no-lifers like yourselves who actually make these charts and reply to these threads should cater to those who actually have things to do other than research a video game; Supposed2 be fun not work. No one wants to read your spreadsheet and do calculations to attempt to determine your rotation, which would be pretty much impossible anyway. Time would be better spent than insulting people on the forums like a bunch of clowns, thinking you're some kind of legend. Go join the circus, maybe you'll hold a job, meet a girl and understand why most people don't have as much time as you for computer games.

You sound like exactly the type of person I'd love to take time to help.

But you have to admit, if this was in real life, that was a bit of a deauschbaggery approach to telling somebody to do some self study / research!

@ daleish,

You can check http://www.torhead.com and look at the mirror tree for the faction you are interested in.

You can visit http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/forum-7.htm they normally have stickied threads of mirror terminologies for each class. Very useful site.

Anyway I think you were interested in the warrior/knight class before this internet quarrel lol took place.. here is the link http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-293.html

Edited by paowee