RotHC Interview with BioWare

Jaspor

Does the Makeb story shed any light on the mystery surrounding the fate of the Emperor?

Brian: Well if I told you that then you wouldn’t have any reason to find out for yourself. I will say that repercussions regarding events surrounding the Emperor are a major impetus for both the Republic and Empire storylines in Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Good question. Good answer. I couldn't care less about the Hutts, but that little bit piques my interest. Hopefully different classes examine different facets of the story. They like to dance around story questions by referring to the dialogue wheel in a roundabout way and act as if it provides totally different stories.

Finishing up with two highly anticipated features: Server transfers and the Cathar species. Will we see either or both of these go live with RotHC? Will server transfers be purchasable with Cartel Coins? Any hint as to how much unlocking Cathar might cost?

Nathan: The Cathar species is an addition to SWTOR that many of us are very excited about. Since this is our first additional playable species, we are taking extra care with its presentation and as such will not be launching with Rise of the Hutt Cartel. However, additional information on when it will be available should be distributed not long after Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Another encouraging answer. Promote this man.

Also, methinks people don't realize that this interview is unique from the DH/Dulfy ones.

Does the Makeb story shed any light on the mystery surrounding the fate of the Emperor?

Brian: Well if I told you that then you wouldn’t have any reason to find out for yourself. I will say that repercussions regarding events surrounding the Emperor are a major impetus for both the Republic and Empire storylines in Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Good question. Good answer. I couldn't care less about the Hutts, but that little bit piques my interest. Hopefully different classes examine different facets of the story. They like to dance around story questions by referring to the dialogue wheel in a roundabout way and act as if it provides totally different stories.

I really hope that it isn't the lack of an Emperor that has the major impetus cause that's where we have been for the last 10 years in the Old republic.

Thanks for the feedback, folks! Yeah, there's a lot of info (and interviews) to sort through today. Some interviews contains similar questions and answers, but it seems just about every one has at least one bit of additional info.

“For decades since the Sith Empire returned to war against the Republic, the Hutt Cartel has been content to watch from the sidelines and profit from the chaos,” Hood said. “That’s all about to change, and the fallout from the Hutts’ actions will have long-term consequences for the entire galaxy.

“The Dread Masters aren’t finished yet, either. They’re about to unleash something terrible that only the galaxy’s most powerful defenders have any hope of stopping. If I tell you any more, the Shroud will have me eliminated for talking. Who is this ‘Shroud,’ you ask? Oh, you’ll see….”

So let's see what we've heard about:

1. Isotope 5 (well, it's only the most efficient source of energy found in the galaxy. The Empire must have it)

2. The Shroud (apparently a power broker AND super spy like Cipher 9 but freelance)

3. The Dread Masters (will be unleashing "Dread-Seeds")

As Marr says, "Unity, is the only thing that will make the Empire powerful again."

I think these questions are more hardball than the Dulfy/DH ones.

Absolutely they were. They actually asked PvP questions too...I liked the reply about Makeb...I hope it's similar to the Gree crossing of paths.

Yes , they mentioned it months ago and also different choices you made on certain different classes will have some different dialogue ( thank god ). We made some scary choices in our class stories especially towards the ends of some of them.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.