Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Men = Formal, girls = sex slaves

Alexthree

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the biggest necro I have seen since I started playing swtor. I was so thoroughly confused until I started looking at the dates.

The one who dredged up the 6 year old post was not an SJW. :rolleyes:

In fact all the "on-topic" repies are bashing the "SJWs" for "ruining" the game.

Yes, it was the anti-SJWs who brought this post back from its long-ago death in the first place! Who's desperate to have something to complain about now? :rolleyes:

It was thanks to threads like this that Bioware became more aware of their biases and started creating more equal opportunity sexiness. And for that I am grateful :D

I feel the same way. In the past I would have thought this complaint was ridiculous, but not anymore. Culture is so filled with built-in bias and prejudices that it is hard to see the prison bars unless you imagine yourself in someone else's shoes.

Exactly. Or that only girls should be allowed to wear skimpy outfits, which is just as bad.

Either way you look at it there's a sexist implication, and I don't like it. It is also unfair in general as somebody upthread pointed out- girls have to wait until social rank 2 before getting any of the special clothes.

All I want is access to the same game people who made male characters have. The game has a nice 'gender-fairness' thing going on, and I like that for example my sith master is a strong independent woman, but this was a real slap in the face.

It's not just clothing that implies sexism for this game, just look at the romance options for male characters vs romance options for female characters. Clearly female characters were given far less thought when it came to anything beyond playing the storyline.

It was thanks to threads like this that Bioware became more aware of their biases and started creating more equal opportunity sexiness. And for that I am grateful :D

I want them to unlock the female only dancer outfits making them available for males. [Filbert Widmark] Pierce needs to be forced to wear it!

I want them to unlock the female only dancer outfits making them available for males. [Filbert Widmark] Pierce needs to be forced to wear it!

*snirk* I'd pay to see Filbert Widmark Pierce in that. Oh, the humiliation of it all. :p

I have always wondered why there was a female slave outfit but not a male slave outfit. it seems like there would be both male and female slaves so both need outfits. Plus there are a few companions that need to wear the male slave outfit Corso, Quinn, Corso, Skadge, Corso, and Corso.

I have always wondered why there was a female slave outfit but not a male slave outfit. it seems like there would be both male and female slaves so both need outfits. Plus there are a few companions that need to wear the male slave outfit Corso, Quinn, Corso, Skadge, Corso, and Corso.

I mean I'm sure you don't really "wonder" because we ALL *know* why, you're just being polite. :cool: (agreed about Corso)

But it's cool to see how many more options we've got for both genders now (since this thread was made). It's a case study in how calling out this kind of ******** in necessary. The whole gaming culture has come a LOOOONNNNNNNG way from when I first started.

Though, there are still a few items that irritate me how it can look full body on a male and then you put on your female toon and suddenly it's swim wear. bllggrrggggh *delete*

I mean I'm sure you don't really "wonder" because we ALL *know* why, you're just being polite. :cool: (agreed about Corso)

You are correct I am just being polite. I am sure it is the same reason why the male smuggler can flirt and sleep with everything that moves and the female smuggler barely gets a flirt option.

I'm not a fan of the 'sports bra and boy shorts' default undies on ladies either! The color looks to me like someone washed their whites in with some dark browns over and over, not appealing. I've been thinking of trying to pick up the gear version of them though... maybe they would be more useful outfit pieces if i could dye them.

I have the version from when you could use Cartel certificates.. but even with a colour dye the top can doesn't change properly, it often looks darker than the colour or it looks like it's got grey through it. The only colours that seem to work are the darker ones, but not dark blue.. the pants are fine though and often look good with the covert belt

I think this is the biggest necro I have seen since I started playing swtor. I was so thoroughly confused until I started looking at the dates.

In fact all the "on-topic" repies are bashing the "SJWs" for "ruining" the game.

Nah, I've seen worse 😉

You are correct I am just being polite. I am sure it is the same reason why the male smuggler can flirt and sleep with everything that moves and the female smuggler barely gets a flirt option.

...ehh?? Skavak, Darmas, that guy on Balmorra, Alderaan, the married man on Voss, would all love to disagree with you. Oh, and on Ziost

the flippin' Emperor himself, though guys also get that option because...reasons that actually make sense, sort of, ish

...also Jace Malcom on Alderaan's bonus series... I swear I'm missing a few people, but it's been a while since I played my female smuggler. Anyway, yeah, that's less than guys get, but it's hardly "barely getting a flirt option."

And about the clothes thing? ...I don't get it. What's there to discuss? The thread was from back in 2011 when there were a lot less options. It's...really not relevant now? What's the big deal?

(And after that discussion about male slave outfits, Filbert Widmark Pierce would very much like to drop the subject as well. :D)

And they need a collar and chain too 😉

Let's be honest, IRL if any of us guys tried on that slave outfit we would look ridiculous with one of our balls hangin out the side :( Thus, the female specifics :D

You know, one person's ridiculous is another person's "hot". Welcome to the female perspective.

The art just doesn't slip on, to get males to wear the slave custom would require art.

IMHO, sure, but not now, way to many more important fish to fry.

LoL, yeah.. you'd have to be an artist to get in them and and artist to get out 😉

I didnt even realize. xD :D

Frankly, I don't care about skimpy armour in games- so long as there is a male variant. Fair is fair, and it doesn't matter if any of us think it would "look stupid". It's not any of our position to judge what others find attractive.

I'm asexual, so I have no interest in the sexual appeal of revealing clothing. I'd go so far as to say that I think all skimpy armour is ridiculous, regardless of who is wearing it because it directly contradicts the purpose of armour, which is to protect you. But I also understand that it's just a game, people wear it for looks, and it's not my business to tell others what they should or should not have their fictional character wear.

This, however, does not excuse the fact that Bioware has deliberately designed and distributed multiple variants of slave girl bikinis, without offering any alternative for men. There should at least be options for men that are as relatively easy to attain as the various bikinis female characters have access to.

And just for the record, the male variant doesn't even have to be a "bikini". A simple loincloth and/or harness of some sort would work just as well and wouldn't look any more ridiculous or out of place than the bikinis do.

Let's be honest, IRL if any of us guys tried on that slave outfit we would look ridiculous with one of our balls hangin out the side :( Thus, the female specifics :D

LOL OMG Seriously bad visual. :eek::D I will never be able to look at the slave costume the same way again lol

Edited by americanaussie

Frankly, I don't care about skimpy armour in games- so long as there is a male variant. Fair is fair, and it doesn't matter if any of us think it would "look stupid". It's not any of our position to judge what others find attractive.

I'm asexual, so I have no interest in the sexual appeal of revealing clothing. I'd go so far as to say that I think all skimpy armour is ridiculous, regardless of who is wearing it because it directly contradicts the purpose of armour, which is to protect you. But I also understand that it's just a game, people wear it for looks, and it's not my business to tell others what they should or should not have their fictional character wear.

This, however, does not excuse the fact that Bioware has deliberately designed and distributed multiple variants of slave girl bikinis, without offering any alternative for men. There should at least be options for men that are as relatively easy to attain as the various bikinis female characters have access to.

And just for the record, the male variant doesn't even have to be a "bikini". A simple loincloth and/or harness of some sort would work just as well and wouldn't look any more ridiculous or out of place than the bikinis do.

I'd be down to see some Conan-style loincloths showing up in game for the guys to wear! Or an outfit similar to the Vintage Brawler set on top but with a loincloth or kilt or Roman legionnaire/gladiator type skirt thing (I don't know the historical term) instead of the pants, and sandals on the feet!! Or even a full on 'Slave Boy' speedo set with collar!

Now, I wouldn't actually use any of those sets myself (though I might stick a companion in them for a while as a laugh) since I only play female toons. However, I am a big believer in the idea that you can have all the cheesecake you want, as long as there's also enough beefcake on the table to go around as well! Fair's fair!

Edited by AscendingSky

Actually, when the game was first launched, there was no restriction on female vs male clothing, so you did see male characters wearing the slave girl outfits. The "female only" restriction was added later.

Also note that, although there is no male "slave boy' outfit, I have seen male characters using Covert Energy armor to run around in their undies or just be bare-chested.

I have the version from when you could use Cartel certificates.. but even with a colour dye the top can doesn't change properly, it often looks darker than the colour or it looks like it's got grey through it. The only colours that seem to work are the darker ones, but not dark blue.. the pants are fine though and often look good with the covert belt

Dye the Basic Underwear White/White on a Rattataki girl (with Covert Energy elsewhere) and she looks almost like she's naked, from a distance. (Up close, you can see from behind that she's wearing panties or whatever as lowers, and the griddy stuff on the top remains visible, but at a distance, ...)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.