Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Chiron_Prime

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many choices in the class missions so it would be too much work to make something that takes all those choice into consideration.

The entire plan for the game was to do just that. The plan was to have continuing class stories with the first three as just the beginning. It didn't become unfeasible when the game stumbled after launch , merely unaffordable, and it's certainly not unfeasible now that it's on solid footing again.

This was announced today:

So, if I'm getting this right, Bruce Maclean has basically announced that class stories are done. No more specific stories for your specific class. So the biggest selling point of this game before launch is no longer worthwhile?!

I am the only one that is concerned about this?!

It just means once I do all the class stories it's bye-bye.

I SUPPORT this petition! /SIGNED

:eek: Individual class stories were my favorite thing that this game brought to the table. I am surprised that they don't plan on continuing the individual stories. I REALLY wish they would continue them as it seems almost everyone would rather them continue than never work on the individual story-lines and companion story lines, PLEASE continue them!). I would like to point out that i am a founder and the BEST part about this game by FAR is the 1-50 leveling experience. I have over 12 level 50-51s. How many 55s do i have? ONE! Because why would i bother giving the 51+ content in your game the time of the day to make all of them 55 when the 51+ content is almost exactly the same for every character of your faction except for the starting/ending cut-scenes of makeb which hardly count. I am sure if you did a poll the numbers for continuing would FAR outweigh those who don't want continuations of the story or for things to continue as they are now.

I have been holding out hope that they would one day continue my first characters story or any of the others i have made since. After finding out this news maybe it is time to move on to a new game. I had THOROUGHLY enjoyed playing through every classes 1-50 content but now that that is finished and there will be no continuation i don't feel like your game is worth the subscription cost as a casual player or even as a frequent player..

TLDR: VERY disappointed that you are choosing to not continue with the story-lines of each individual class. Please continue the class story-lines and maybe the companion quest lines as I feel they are one of the best things about your game. Seems like the majority of the people on the forum are for it, Including myself.

Edited by Pikkupstixx

Signed.

Class Stories are why I'm going to do all 8 characters. While I have no problem with similarities in the stories in future expansions (All Imp characters want to save Makeb for ruthless exploitation while all Pub characters want to save the populace.), that still leaves room for class missions and varying reasons (Smugglers want to help save the populace in exchange for future favors. Jedis want to save the populace because of light side reasons.) to work towards the same goal.

The PvE story is a big draw for this game. Eliminating future class stories will just make players finish quicker and then abandon the game. I've wondered myself if I really want to bother going through Makeb 8 times instead of just twice.

Signed. Class stories are why I play different characters. If there were no class storied, I would just be playing the same old planetary quests again and again. I want new planets, and class stories, interesting class stories with them.

I just went on a rant this morning on this same subject. Basically there is PC version of a Game that i have ben playing since the 3rd installment and now the 6th is FINALLY coming to the PC and this game has to October to present new Class stories and all those other things you made mention or, i am done with this game, for that long awaited, Classic will have all my free time.

Get with it BW.....

/SIGNED

Signed!

I truly believe that a story of any kind does not simply improve by trying to make everything epic and grandiose. There is a danger of losing your audience when attempting that approach over and over again simply because it starts to become repetitive, which ultimately diminishes the intention of the "epic story" approach. Saving the galaxy defeating the mega-sized doomsday robot, or malevolent space monster, or conniving Sith Lord or traitorous Republic Commander is all great epic fun, but what I would truly be more interested in experiencing in this game is more class-specific story. When a player is engaged in a mission that has that vital personal touch, it draws them in much, much deeper than another massive epic boss fight.

This is an intelligent and sophisticated MMO and it attracts the minds and imaginations of intelligent, sophisticated people. I would love to see a game expansion that gets back to the heart and soul of the heroic characters we play. If Bioware simply doesn't have it in their budget to produce an expansion that continues the personal stories for all 8 classes, at least they could come up with a compromise and simply include more class-specific cut scenes interwoven with whatever universal story arc they have going.

I would especially love to see more content for companion stories including a continuation of companion romances. For those players who romanced their companions, I think it would be very fun and very intriguing to see what would be in store next for the newly-wedded character and his/her companion. I would love to see Bioware be bold and ground-breaking in this genre by addressing things like the Jedi Knight and his romance with Kira (or her romance with Doc). Or the struggles a Sith Warrior would have trying to relate to feisty Vette or the Imperial Agent and his complicated affair with Kaliyo, etc. Themes of love, hardship, sacrifice, heroism are all great tools to keep players coming back for more. The real key is to give all these stories that extremely important personal touch, and that is largely accomplished by going back and focusing on the individual hero rather than lumping them into a mass of "living legends" all waiting in line to tackle the next epic threat to the galaxy.

Signed!

I truly believe that a story of any kind does not simply improve by trying to make everything epic and grandiose. There is a danger of losing your audience when attempting that approach over and over again simply because it starts to become repetitive, which ultimately diminishes the intention of the "epic story" approach. Saving the galaxy defeating the mega-sized doomsday robot, or malevolent space monster, or conniving Sith Lord or traitorous Republic Commander is all great epic fun, but what I would truly be more interested in experiencing in this game is more class-specific story. When a player is engaged in a mission that has that vital personal touch, it draws them in much, much deeper than another massive epic boss fight.

This is an intelligent and sophisticated MMO and it attracts the minds and imaginations of intelligent, sophisticated people. I would love to see a game expansion that gets back to the heart and soul of the heroic characters we play. If Bioware simply doesn't have it in their budget to produce an expansion that continues the personal stories for all 8 classes, at least they could come up with a compromise and simply include more class-specific cut scenes interwoven with whatever universal story arc they have going.

I would especially love to see more content for companion stories including a continuation of companion romances. For those players who romanced their companions, I think it would be very fun and very intriguing to see what would be in store next for the newly-wedded character and his/her companion. I would love to see Bioware be bold and ground-breaking in this genre by addressing things like the Jedi Knight and his romance with Kira (or her romance with Doc). Or the struggles a Sith Warrior would have trying to relate to feisty Vette or the Imperial Agent and his complicated affair with Kaliyo, etc. Themes of love, hardship, sacrifice, heroism are all great tools to keep players coming back for more. The real key is to give all these stories that extremely important personal touch, and that is largely accomplished by going back and focusing on the individual hero rather than lumping them into a mass of "living legends" all waiting in line to tackle the next epic threat to the galaxy.

Ouch, no more class stories sounds terribly bad.

Taunt me if You want, but it must be said; I have been a player of Star Trek Online for ages, and this is definitly one of (THE) areas they have failed utterly. There, the player have the Choice of Three classes. Engineer, Scientist and Tactical. The only difference between these classes, are their abilities when spacefight and groundfight.

That is it. You can play several different species, but... ...there is hardly any reason to do so, because the grinding of one character alone completely drains the player from bother starting another character.

When I discovered SWTOR, I was worried that it might become tedious quickly, but hello, no. It is actually fun, to a certain point, of course, to start New characters. Enough species, Republic or Empire, Dark or Light. Plenty of options, and to top it off, individual class stories. Quite awesome in my opinion.

I haven't capped my characters yet, but I abhor the thought of reaching that stage where everything after that will be pure grinding of credits. A game without story = Grindfest and Complaints.

The selfstyled "Masters of Storytelling" (Bioware) don't want to write (any longer) personalized storylines that give this game its strength and uniqueness on the saturated MMO-market...Sometimes I wonder what the hell's wrong with this company since they don't want to play on their company's and indeed game's strengths.

I guess using (rather more like wasting) resources on those cartel packs is more important than give people their money's worth for this game.

But hey tactical sh*tpoints and bullsh*t packs on the CM seem to be their focus now. Hooray

/signed.

Edited by Aeonus

Greetings, BioWare. . .

On your facebook/twitter and many other adjacent websites you guys use the powerful mantra that " play STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ and forge your own STAR WARS™ saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from

BioWare and LucasArts."

It's what you at BioWare used as the foundation to express your game and still use it . . . yes, this may not pertain to just the class stories since you add many very small stories for flashpoints/operations - however the time for class quest additions is now. . . I understand it would be hard to get all the voice actors/actresses back that did companions/class voices and other relevant characters back . . . but you must do something . . . try to get them back to add another chapter or more companion quest . . . OR use already existing word recordings and break them apart and reforge new sentences . . .

An easier idea would be to just add a new class . . . which would add two stories - one on each side . . . with 10 new companions ( 5 on republic/5 on imperial empire side) - you guys can do this, I've seen the words " it's too hard" used by representatives, however an expansion is handwork and deserves just this

I can understand how difficult it would be to continue the old classes do to voice actors/actresses being hard to get back ( maybe some passed away or will refuse?)

But it is completely reasonable to assume you can make two new stories for the new class, with companions for them . . .

Sorry for the long babbling, but the game still uses the platform of story based mmo . . . so don't go against your own foundation of the game . . . give us what we need and want . . . but not just that . .. enrich the game by doing this . . .

Edited by Calpurrnia

SWTOR should have been following this formula from the get go

Classic: Start with 8 class stories.

1st Xpac: Add 4 new class stories in addition to another chapter to the originals.

Rinse and repeat.

At least Wow added

BC: Belf and Draenei story

Wotlk: Death Knight

Cata: Goblin and Worgen

Mop: Pandaren

To chime in again:

For class stories, could they not write out the stories and go through the dialogue in one get-go and then divide release it over the span of at least a chapter a year? That would be enough to satisfy me. Continue to add end-game content to that released chapter through out the year instead of putting it all out immediately.

For companions, why not go the route of dailies and holidays? Instead of a facebook post on Valentines, give me a cutscene or have them send a letter. I wouldn't mind repeating holiday quest, I would just look forward to that holiday to hear from my crew again! Do something in the way of datacrons was done - have us find locations to picnic with them or FTB. Read: You are essentially giving us a house and we need someone to play house in it with.

/signed

The main reason I play this game is class stories. The way every character becomes who they are is their class quests. My trooper doesnt do the same thing as a Jedi would, same with my BH and my Sorc. My reason being, I always try to choose what I think my guy would do, cause Im big on RP. I don't mind FP and that, but come on. Might as well go back to WoW.......:eek: