Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14

EricMusco

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see its coming out after Easter. Just like to know if they play on adding to the class story line in the new 5 levels. Also like to know if they plan on adding a few more severs to play on. Cause when I started this time last year there where allot of them and now with the 2 X Xp I find times the game just slows down in places. Be nice to have a spot to play where you can play and not have to make RL changes so you can come on when there less players on just to play.

I'm curious about something:

WIll we still have regular maintenance on April 16 as well as April 14? (I'm assuming we are having down time for the expansion to go live?)

They may not have a maintenance on Sunday the 16th. And since the early preorder people will start playing on the 9th, probably that is the day of maintenance.

They still have a couple of weeks to do that. Nothing major is going to change between now and then, so they can tell us more while we wait.

It's certainly possible. Unfortunately I'm a pessimist and I don't think there is more to the expansion than what they've told us thus far... it would be nice of them to prove me wrong.

I'm curious if bioware will lockout HM version of S&V until early access is over or if it will be open from day 1. Also I hope they toss up Makeb on the PTS for testing because I don't feel like spending my early access reporting gamebreaking bugs.

People that did not Pre Order by Jan 7th are completely left out of everything for 5 days? Is that correct? And there is no way to gain access to that content prior to 14th if you did not pre order a product that did not have a release date?

Correct. When the expasion was announced, there was a good 2-3 months where the website and the launcher both plainly stated the cut-off date for early access. If you didn't pre-order by then, you have no excuse, unless maybe you are a brand new player, at which point then it's just a case of them's the breaks.

4-5 days? What world do you live in?

If you spacebar everything or pvp your way to 50 mercilessly, yes you can be 50 in4-5 days. This was a major problem at launch when a bunch of players hit 50 during pre-launch and started saying "*** where is the content?" and many of us were like "YOU JUST SKIPPED IT ALL DUMB****!!!!"

Are the new skill trees and class balance is good enough? I'm a little bit worried...

Obviously you don't know anything about all the content included in ROTHC 2.0.

Achievements (which also allows you to find things you missed MUCH easier such as Datacrons and Locations)

New Reputations

Bionocular SIde Quests spanning many worlds

New world Makeb to explore

Class Quests to raise cap to 55

Same Sex Romance

New HM Flashpoints.

New Ops and WB including an instanced Boss

New Armor

And yes, new skill tree and balancing....including a revamp of many abilities such as Alacrity and Critical.

Still worried?

Edited by DarthVengeant

Obviously you don't know anything about all the content included in ROTHC 2.0.

Achievements (which also allows you to find things you missed MUCH easier such as Datacrons and Locations)

New Reputations

Bionocular SIde Quests spanning many worlds

New world Makeb to explore

Class Quests to raise cap to 55

Same Sex Romance

New HM Flashpoints.

New Ops and WB including an instanced Boss

New Armor

And yes, new skill tree and balancing....including a revamp of many abilities such as Alacrity and Critical.

Still worried?

I am. For over a year I have watched and waited for bugs to be fixed that just got added to the Known Issues list. Then a new update gets introduced which added more content and a whole lot more bugs, followed by patch after patch, then they just dumped the rest of the bugs on the list. More updates = more bugs, and there has been no talk of anything being fixed. Sorry, but BW does not have a good enough track record that I am ready to BUY an expansion. I wonder how many of you will spend your launch day reporting bugs instead of actually being able to play the new content. How many patches will it take to make the new planet playable? Isn't it odd that it hasn't been tested on the PTS? Isn't that what the PTS is for? Good luck to all of you. I remain skeptical.

Edited by LWSugden

We’re thrilled to announce the launch date of Sunday, April 14, 2013, for the release of the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Introducing five new levels of gameplay and the vibrant new planet of Makeb, Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for download beginning April 14 or for players who qualify for Early Access*, beginning April 9. To start the download, simply log in to the game and click Play.

Read More

Are you planning on putting out a good list of what will happen to all the different comms we have on live now once 2.0 goes live? Having tested on PTS I am pretty sure a lot of folks are going to be upset by the new lower numbers your allowed for comms. But if you give folks some warning on how current comms will be converted they will at least be able to spend enough comms so that they don't loose a lot in the conversion.

We’re thrilled to announce the launch date of Sunday, April 14, 2013, for the release of the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Introducing five new levels of gameplay and the vibrant new planet of Makeb, Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for download beginning April 14 or for players who qualify for Early Access*, beginning April 9. To start the download, simply log in to the game and click Play.

Read More

How big will the download be? Please tell me it won't be 25GB+ in size. I'd guess that with multitudes of people all downloading at once, a large download will effectively take many hours, (possibly days for those with slower internet connections) and negate the early start benefits. Also, if the download is done like updates/fixes, many players may not be able to get in-game for a significant period of time awaiting download completion.

I've read your post twice now and the only think I can understand is something to do with carrots.

Meh... I wrote it when I was a little emotional. Still, I wish and hope we get enough points we can really mix the builds up more. I hate cookie cutter... Worse I hate content enforced cookie cutter builds. (This is when the content demands you take the final ability in a skill/powers tree in a game just to be viable as a contributing team member... meanwhile said game boasts allowing you to all be different... )

If you think that statement is about "cookies", then I'm just gonna sit down and have a good laugh with you over some oreos and milk and we'll agree to disagree or just not fully understand each other and... it will still be ok because we love the game. :D

Friends? (offers handshake)

Hey im fairly new as of December, and i just reached 50 on my BH. my Question is when the hutt cartel is released, will i need to have gear better then the free level 50 gear- tionese - to play the new addition to swtor? or is there entry level 50 quests that lead right into it. cause i will be fairly bummed if i have to spend 4 months gearing myself up just to play the game addon i bought lol :rak_02: please let me know :D

Hey im fairly new as of December, and i just reached 50 on my BH. my Question is when the hutt cartel is released, will i need to have gear better then the free level 50 gear- tionese - to play the new addition to swtor? or is there entry level 50 quests that lead right into it. cause i will be fairly bummed if i have to spend 4 months gearing myself up just to play the game addon i bought lol :rak_02: please let me know :D

They've said current end-game armour will last several levels into RotHC, with higher level gear lasting longer, some of it all the way to 55. Seeing as the Tionese gears gets taken out completely (least I think I read that?) it makes sense that you do not even need that to get started on Makeb. You should be able to just play it right out of the box so to speak. And with the various old commendation types being merged into fewer new ones, you might even be able to afford some better gear right at the start too.