Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14

EricMusco

It's a good thing to finally have a launch date. considering all the talk last year I had expected the launch to be earlier in 2013, and kind of drifted away from the game during these months.

Now I am just worried that possible skill/talent changes will water down this experience for me.. Hard to be excited if after hours of download I would be forced to spend next hours figuring out how to spend refunded talent points. Are some talent trees changing in the update? I thought somebody mentioned something like that somewhere but the official "news" of course leaves more information out than it tells.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing to finally have a launch date. considering all the talk last year I had expected the launch to be earlier in 2013, and kind of drifted away from the game during these months.

Now I am just worried that possible skill/talent changes will water down this experience for me.. Hard to be excited if after hours of download I would be forced to spend next hours figuring out how to spend refunded talent points. Are some talent trees changing in the update? I thought somebody mentioned something like that somewhere but the official "news" of course leaves more information out than it tells.

yes there are some changes to the trees. you can look at it here:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/

on a related note, does patch 2.0 lends at the same time ? I don't plan to buy the expansion, so will I get patched too ? thanks

Has an actual TIME been decided as to when the expansion will be ready?

Will it be available in the morning of April 9th for those who pre-ordered?

I don't want to take a day off of work only to find out that the expansion isn't ready until 2pm EST..

I do hope that they take into consideration that having a morning release would definitely be better to those who truly live and breath this game!

Has an actual TIME been decided as to when the expansion will be ready?

Will it be available in the morning of April 9th for those who pre-ordered?

I don't want to take a day off of work only to find out that the expansion isn't ready until 2pm EST..

I do hope that they take into consideration that having a morning release would definitely be better to those who truly live and breath this game!

Are you REALLY going to take time off work to download a video game? Where are your priorities? /facepalm

Are you REALLY going to take time off work to download a video game? Where are your priorities? /facepalm

Well, if you really want to know, i play this game all the time. My time played is over 77 days.

And yes, I have LOTS of vacation time as I work for the government, so I can take time off as I see fit.

I would like to make the most of my available time and simply interested as to whether I should book an afternoon off, or a day.

Is it really that much of a shock to see dedicated players wanting to know, what would on other games, basic update information.

Bioware, now known as EA, has had very inconsistent times for maintenance and updates. Sometimes they start at 2AM CST, sometimes at 6AM CST, and range in time form 2 to 8 hours.

Don't judge people by how much they play, be grateful that subscribers like myself do play the games, and buy the cartel packs and keep this game running.

I wouldn't be a leader and in a progression raid having completed EC HM and NiM if i didn't play this game as much as i do.

Is the Planetary Comm cap going to be raised, and even if it is, what happens with characters that currently have enough comms from the various planets to go over the cap? Are we just going to lose those comms (and hence need to go waste them on useless low level stuff that will get merched) or will the comms simply be allowed to go over the cap until they are spent?

Well, if you really want to know, i play this game all the time. My time played is over 77 days.

And yes, I have LOTS of vacation time as I work for the government, so I can take time off as I see fit.

I would like to make the most of my available time and simply interested as to whether I should book an afternoon off, or a day.

Is it really that much of a shock to see dedicated players wanting to know, what would on other games, basic update information.

Bioware, now known as EA, has had very inconsistent times for maintenance and updates. Sometimes they start at 2AM CST, sometimes at 6AM CST, and range in time form 2 to 8 hours.

Don't judge people by how much they play, be grateful that subscribers like myself do play the games, and buy the cartel packs and keep this game running.

I wouldn't be a leader and in a progression raid having completed EC HM and NiM if i didn't play this game as much as i do.

I agree, same here!:D

Very happy with this.

I'm surprised that no one has said anything about it dropping on a Sunday xD

I was just going to post that myself, why a Sunday and not on the Friday, April 12th, so everyone can enjoy this on that weekend? This is the first expac I have seen drop on a Sunday ever!:jawa_confused: :jawa_confused: :jawa_confused:

I was just going to post that myself, why a Sunday and not on the Friday, April 12th, so everyone can enjoy this on that weekend? This is the first expac I have seen drop on a Sunday ever!:jawa_confused: :jawa_confused: :jawa_confused:

Not sure what the new pre-order advanced days are, but I would imagine they announced this well ahead of time to encourage people that there is still time to pre-order and maybe get in for the weekend.

I ordered the initial pre-order, so I know I will be playing that weekend anyway. Likely they want to encourage others to pre-order to be able to do the same thing.

Not sure what the new pre-order advanced days are, but I would imagine they announced this well ahead of time to encourage people that there is still time to pre-order and maybe get in for the weekend.

I ordered the initial pre-order, so I know I will be playing that weekend anyway. Likely they want to encourage others to pre-order to be able to do the same thing.

We’re thrilled to announce the launch date of Sunday, April 14, 2013, for the release of the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Introducing five new levels of gameplay and the vibrant new planet of Makeb, Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for download beginning April 14 or for players who qualify for Early Access*, beginning April 9. To start the download, simply log in to the game and click Play.

Read More

If you pre-ordered, then you have access April 9th

Can i buy the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Pre-Order digital pack using Prepaid visa card

I would assume yes as I was able to buy some cartel coins with a gift card I had laying around.

On another subject for the DEVS or any yellow name.

Can we get some clarification on what exactly is going to happen on the 9th for those who did not preorder or preordered after the Jan 7th cutoff date? The reason I ask is because there is also a major game update coming with the expansion. This update includes some very drastic changes to the skill trees that might make those 5 days of waiting to be a but frustrating for some. Will we be able to gain XP during these 5 days but NOT access Makeb and L55 content or do we have to wait until the 14th (for those who preordered late)? Will we be able to spend our newly converted comms on the Makeb planetary or Classic vendors? Will we still have access to the current skill trees (31 points to top tier skill) until the 14th? In short, is 2.0 with all its changes releasing on the 9th or 14th when all preorders have access to it?

Is the Planetary Comm cap going to be raised, and even if it is, what happens with characters that currently have enough comms from the various planets to go over the cap? Are we just going to lose those comms (and hence need to go waste them on useless low level stuff that will get merched) or will the comms simply be allowed to go over the cap until they are spent?

When I copied my toon over to PTS I lost on planetary comms. I had about 50 or so normal planet comms and about 180ish Tionese crystals which were supposed to convert to p-comms at a 6:1 ratio. Upon loading in I only had 100 comms (the total cap) with my my weekly cap of 50 capped as well. This was a loss of about 130 comms. I wound up spending those crystals on that one char on live because of this. I don't anticipate them raising the cap. While I normally wouldn't have any use for planetary comms at level 50, the new Makeb planetary vendor (level 50 rating 136 if I'm not mistaken) will have some pretty decent mods to buy for many fresh 50's or even just to gear up companions with.

Edited by Werdan

Not that the writers will read this but what the hell...

An average galaxy is estimated to house roughly 400 billion stars.

The StarWars universe is pretty populous, even compared to other sci-fi settings; Even if only say, 0.00001% of those have habitable solar systems, that's 4000 habitable solar systems - some of which will have more than one habitable world, outpost or some kind of presence on or near a planet / planetoid of value.

Even if only 40 of those are hubs of civilisations, the idea that an entire galaxy might be affected in any significant way by a conflict of any kind on a single world - even if it does have dominant control of a single important element, be it adam, spice, adegan crystals, <mcguffin> or coffee is prostrating the game before its audience, begging them to take it

The 'ruthless mercenaries' we're set to face off against are just a bunch of people with guns and droids?

People've worked really hard for years to establish Mandalorians as a viable opponent for the Republic and Empire to tangle with, though they're too easy-an answer and other antagonists are absolutely needed... this really isn't it though, they're just a bunch of dudes.

I'm of course looking forward to the expansion, but the premise that a bunch of dudes with guns pose a threat to the Republic or Empire in anything but catastrophic collapse just doesn't make sense.

Edit: What I'm actually trying to get at here is that the writers excessive use of hyperbole frames the situation in ridiculous terms.... and that employing 'a bunch of dudes' as antagonists is incredibly weak.

Edited by Kynesis

All I know is... I'm excited about it. And yes... I will be taking some time off of work for this. Gaming is my hobbie and in particular MMOs and this game. A few days off doing what I love is my definition of a vacation. :)

Not that the writers will read this but what the hell...

An average galaxy is estimated to house roughly 400 billion stars.

The StarWars universe is pretty populous, even compared to other sci-fi settings; Even if only say, 0.00001% of those have habitable solar systems, that's 4000 habitable solar systems - some of which will have more than one habitable world, outpost or some kind of presence on or near a planet / planetoid of value.

Even if only 40 of those are hubs of civilisations, the idea that an entire galaxy might be affected in any significant way by a conflict of any kind on a single world - even if it does have dominant control of a single important element, be it adam, spice, adegan crystals, <mcguffin> or coffee is prostrating the game before its audience, begging them to take it

The 'ruthless mercenaries' we're set to face off against are just a bunch of people with guns and droids?

People've worked really hard for years to establish Mandalorians as a viable opponent for the Republic and Empire to tangle with, though they're too easy-an answer and other antagonists are absolutely needed... this really isn't it though, they're just a bunch of dudes.

I'm of course looking forward to the expansion, but the premise that a bunch of dudes with guns pose a threat to the Republic or Empire in anything but catastrophic collapse just doesn't make sense.

Edit: What I'm actually trying to get at here is that the writers excessive use of hyperbole frames the situation in ridiculous terms.... and that employing 'a bunch of dudes' as antagonists is incredibly weak.

This is star wars, has it ever made sense in that way

Not interested, as I only buy hard copy, not digitals. Sadly BW can not be bothered and want my bank details which are not going on a PC ever. So sadly I can not get this . Oh well looks like this has run its limit here, as I have no where left to go on SWTOR.

How big will the download be? Please tell me it won't be 25GB+ in size. I'd guess that with multitudes of people all downloading at once, a large download will effectively take many hours, (possibly days for those with slower internet connections) and negate the early start benefits. Also, if the download is done like updates/fixes, many players may not be able to get in-game for a significant period of time awaiting download completion.

That would be a nightmare indeed.

Whoa, slow this thread down! 10 pages!!!! I know it's the thread discussing the release of the new expansion and all, but you have gotta lock this thread before it gets out of hand.

At least the other team, when they were on these videos, seemed generally excited, and were much more 'commentator' friendly. These guys - it's obvious they are reading off of a cue card or something, and their excitement seems forced.

meh.