Pot5 pvp

Polymerize

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is difficult to discuss what I am trying to convey. If it were easy to depict then it wouldn't be too hard to be the player that I think knows how to play the game, now would it?

Easy to say you play the right way; just as easy for me to see you in a warzone and 'lol' at the fact that you believe you know how to play the game at the highest of levels. & those same people want to tell me what the qualities are of a top notch player.... (Know their class & other classes/1v1 competent/will click objective when applicable) - fckn LOL, that all it takes? No mention of anything intricate whatsoever, and you think I'm 'missing something' so you fill my void with a single sentence. What YOU people fail to realize is what YOU all believe qualifies you to be a good player is the easy part - then again people don't like to aim for anything higher than what is the socially accepted community standard.

Sorry, but I like to break this game down to an intricate, analytical level that goes beyond the 'accepted standard'. Any more attempts at declaring what it takes to be a top notch player that embodies less than 10 minutes worth of reading will just be neglected entirely.

It is difficult to discuss what I am trying to convey. If it were easy to depict then it wouldn't be too hard to be the player that I think knows how to play the game, now would it?

Easy to say you play the right way; just as easy for me to see you in a warzone and 'lol' at the fact that you believe you know how to play the game at the highest of levels. & those same people want to tell me what the qualities are of a top notch player.... (Know their class & other classes/1v1 competent/will click objective when applicable) - fckn LOL, that all it takes? No mention of anything intricate whatsoever, and you think I'm 'missing something' so you fill my void with a single sentence. What YOU people fail to realize is what YOU all believe qualifies you to be a good player is the easy part - then again people don't like to aim for anything higher than what is the socially accepted community standard.

Sorry, but I like to break this game down to an intricate, analytical level that goes beyond the 'accepted standard'. Any more attempts at declaring what it takes to be a top notch player that embodies less than 10 minutes worth of reading will just be neglected entirely.

The skill cap on this game isn't high enough for intricacies or deep analyzing. It's essentially smash or be smashed. The better players just smash more people, more often and know where the taunt key is located. If you think this game is much deeper than that at this point than you are sadly mistaken.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but no one is playing this game to satisfy their need for strategery. ;)

The skill cap on this game isn't high enough for intricacies or deep analyzing. It's essentially smash or be smashed. The better players just smash more people, more often and know where the taunt key is located. If you think this game is much deeper than that at this point than you are sadly mistaken.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but no one is playing this game to satisfy their need for strategery. ;)

Move along.

Sorry but you're definitely wrong. This game is much more than that, that becomes quite obvious in rateds, because what you're describing is not very difficult and there is a much larger skill difference than that.

Why exactly do you presume to understand all the intricacies of the game when your own experience of top level PvP in this game is so limited or non existent?

You're so quick to point out how bad people are in this game without first establishing yourself as a known player on the server, and that can be done through more than just numbers (which, by the way, are NOT irrelevant).

When I first moved to this server, PVP was great. It was immensely better than Shadowland's PVP.

As of late, its pretty garbage.

If you're bad and you're on POT5.

>unsub

>quit my team if you get put on it

>if you're on the opposing team, also quit

>if i tell you what to do, do it

>if you tell me you didn't better than me because you out dps'd me, l2p

>if you tell me i'm bad because i talk in chat, l2p

>if you challenge me to a 1v1, l2p

Not interested in playing **** games because there is **** on my team, and its even worse when there is **** on the other team.

BIOWARE - make a matchmaking system so I can get quality games. Tired of playing this game at a high level w/ no rewards because one team or the other is inadequate.

/end pointless rant

There's two reasons for this.

1) Gree event

2) Power leveled 50s - literally hundreds of them

I remember the first time the Gree Event came how horrible the Imperial groups were. Now add to that a bunch of 12-14k 50's who are too stupid to even realize they have free recruit gear. Much less actually grinding out the gear ahead of time on their main. No, that'd be too much work.

I'm not a hypocrite,either. My trooper will hit 50 probably end of week but he won't touch a 50 warzone until I get him almost all of his WH gear transferred over from Gìllies. It's what I'd want other people to do.

Edited by islander

Sorry but you're definitely wrong. This game is much more than that, that becomes quite obvious in rateds, because what you're describing is not very difficult and there is a much larger skill difference than that.

Replace 'smash' with 'fotm' then. Rateds are a joke.

Replace 'smash' with 'fotm' then. Rateds are a joke.

That's kinda weird... Based on what?? Most rated teams comps have 7 of the 8 advanced classes. Yes commando is kinda weak, but rateds have very little to do with fotm.

People don't play rateds then just assume they're "a joke". Ok.

Yes and no. Rateds offer a layer of team chemistry that regular queue does not, but not much else. Team comp leaves little to the imagination (reference the post by Pistols on page 2) as you only get to choose a few DPS specs and even that selection is limited. I agree that playing as an 8 man team requires time and effort and I certainly don't want to detract from the groups and guilds that have put time in to become part of the top tier, but any game that offers premade games is the same in this regard.

This game offers very little in strategic choice unless you are counting basic things like focusing the correct player, guard swapping, or taunting the higher DPS targets. Admittedly I haven't been in the rated scene in awhile, so perhaps there were some significant changes that have completely passed me by. But if the best teams still stalemate at mid/south and have VS being decided by number of kills since no one caps a door, then I don't think there is much the game is offering to add any layer of depth.

Thx for the name drop quinny, I feel special now.

P.s. why did you leave that wz and put me on ignore? :(. I'll do wz's with you anytime... especially if it's huttball

Your question was answered in game.

Hutt Ball is the best.

What you seem to be failing to understand is that the best players can do top damage, win 1v1's, get good protection/heals, all while accomplishing all their objectives.

So since objective play is required for all good players, the next criteria for determining who is good vs who is not as good is numbers. So saying you don't care about numbers doesn't really make sense, since you get numbers by making your team stronger or the other team weaker, giving your team the advantage to accomplish the objective.

This is kinda half bull ****. In all the pvp maps in this game you can just zerg a node and die or kill the guy with the ball in fire and never actually have to do any real damage and win games.

Yo man you need to chill out. You put everybody in the same category who doesn't agree with your opinion. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but what qualifies you to be the one to tell people that they are bad and you are not. I got no issues with you, but you constantly have issues with everyone. Everything you write could pertain to you also. Just because you think you are right doesn't make it right. You could be the one playing wrong, but you are too blinded by your own ego to see the big picture. Once again I am not saying you are right or wrong, but if you really want people to listen to you stop talking down to people. I don't think you were good from the beginning and people have to learn, REGARDLESS if you are good or bad.