The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove "rare" Jawagram

JPryde

Actually just remove the Jawagram altogether. Seriously if you want them in the game, then just make them available at a vendor. They are pointless and a waste of CC that we get.

Ironic you mention that, because the Social Vendor in the VIP area of fleet, has the "flowers" one for 1k.... you make a very valid suggestion, one that wold make everyone happier. However, they should be available in more areas than VIP if this was to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got two Jawagrams in a pack, I googled it because I assumed it was a bug and found this thread. Single-use items shouldn't be given in place of permanent ones like armor or speeders or whatever, it just isn't fair. Someone suggested earlier that they make them into emotes, I would be ok with that, but as it is I feel cheated. :(

/signed.

This is ridiculous. If the Jawagrams were able to be exchanged for cartel certs or some kind of comms as others suggested, that would be one thing, but as it is, they're freaking useless. I was very willing to shell out CCs for the gambling packs on the principle that while I might not get what I wanted, I'd get something -someone- wanted...

This is pointless. It's one thing to gamble big and lose small. It's another thing to gamble big and lose it all. I think it would greatly encourage those who legitimately enjoy the thrill of opening a cartel pack if they knew there was a limit to how badly they'd lose on it.

Since my last post I've gotten *at least* one Jawagram in every pack I've opened. This is cruel. :( I can't afford to keep doing this, my entertainment budget is very limited. I'm going to hold on to the pile of Jawagrams I have on the off chance Bioware does the right thing and makes them worthy of being a "Rare", but I'm not going to buy any packs from the Cartel Market until this changes. (Which is painful since I only need 30 more rep to get Newcomer rank with the Contraband Resale Corp.)

MANY of the "RARE" items are complete crap.

BANNER's in the first couple packs had been "RARE" as well.

This is why they are called gambling packs.. LOL :D

Me personally.. not spending any RL money on that crap until they make them actually worth something.

According to the info up on Dulfy's site, the next pack coming out will supposedly include "reusable" Jawagrams! Personally, I'd rather they remove them completely, or at least make them less rare (and who knows, maybe these will be), but this is still a huge improvement IMHO. I am sure they will be a lot more appreciated now, and I am glad for those that will enjoy them. :)

I also agree with this. Jawagrams are cute extras, not a rare item that any player is going to be happy with.

I'm sure it's not an intentional strategy from the developers to promote more sales by disappointing people when they spend real money on packs. I don't think it's intentional because it seems pretty obvious that disappointing customers with the product you provide will have the opposite effect: They won't buy any more of that product.

When I originally create this topic, there were no dye modules...

Now with dye modules in existance, I hereby propose to exchange ALL consumable Jawagrams with a random dye module instead (obviously only those in the boxes still, not those in inventories).

You can at least sell dye and even the wierdest coloring seems more asked for than some stupid jawagram.

Its all part of the money milking master plan. So they can advertise it as getting a "rare" you think ooo so I'll definitely get something good! But no EA is manically laughing at you as you get a "rare" jawagram.

I have been saving all my CC for a while now thing I would get some packs when they're next on sale, they went on sale today but I also read this thread so... Not going to buy a single one until this is fixed. I'd be better buying an armour set and selling it then using those credits to buy the items I want from the packs.

• 1 month later...

I took a break for a while and when I came back I read this:

Jawagrams

“Awesome!” Permanent Jawagram

“May the Force be with you!” Permanent Jawagram

“Party On!” Permanent Jawagram

Does that mean everyone's feedback paid off and they are now in fact permanent like it seems to mean? Well, the new ones at least. :p

If so I'll be nuking my signature, and also - thanks Bioware!

Edited by Callaron

/signed

Agreed, consumables should never count as a rare in a pack.

I am lucky, I have only gotten one of the (worthless) consumable ones and one of the (almost equally worthless) reusable ones. I am very glad that they were from packs that I bought cheap off the GTN. I would have been irritated if I had spent real money to buy CCs then bought a pack with them and got that garbage.