Heezdedjim

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are claiming 50 in 10 hours doing this:

(1) Make a level 1 toon

(2) Buy Priority Transport: Black Hole, port there, then shuttle to Ilum

Yeah point 2 is flawed straight away.. you CANT buy priority Transport to Black Hole until you're in your top 40's if not 50, The whole weekend ive seen about 4 under 50's on Ilum an they were still past mid level at that, now they are proberbly blitzing their way through class stuff to get their ship them flying directly to Ilum.. but again I havent seen any lowbies, although pre-50 pvp has been full of them grinding that way

Yeah point 2 is flawed straight away.. you CANT buy priority Transport to Black Hole until you're in your top 40's if not 50, The whole weekend ive seen about 4 under 50's on Ilum an they were still past mid level at that, now they are proberbly blitzing their way through class stuff to get their ship them flying directly to Ilum.. but again I havent seen any lowbies, although pre-50 pvp has been full of them grinding that way

False, if you have cartel coins, you can buy anything at any level even speeder piloting 3.

I tried that for fun on my smuggler, then 15 or so, except I took my ship to Ilum. It worked before and it works now. I don't feel like skipping that much content for any of my alts, though. But if someone wants another quick 50, why not? A neat mechanic, in my opinion. Edited by MariaD

False, if you have cartel coins, you can buy anything at any level even speeder piloting 3.

Literally staring at it right now on my screen. Even with Cartel Coins, you still need to be Level 50 to purchase.

There is so much misinformation going on in this thread it's ridiculous.

Literally staring at it right now on my screen. Even with Cartel Coins, you still need to be Level 50 to purchase.

Wrong. You CAN still buy the Priority Transport with CC's w/o meeting the level requirements.

but can you use it? I didn't buy it when looking at my screen, but "must be 50" in red letters was there, staring back at me

also - I leveled my operative through Illum dailies, but I started when she was lvl 45 and did it through daily quests. which is as intended and not in any way an exploit.

something to point out. people who don't know how to play their class can happen regardless of how they level. its not just an issue of boosting.

Bolster only happens on Illum at level 45. So that means those people are powerleveling to 45 and THEN going from 45 - 50 in half-an-hour.

Given that the last 5 levels have a decent xp req, that's a neat trick.

I got to Ilum at level 17, and had bolster applied from then. I did 1-50 in 18 played hours.

haha

I bought the BH transport with CC at level 1. Useed to to fly to Ilum and started my XP grind there as a brand new level 1 toon.

Frankly the only thing I can read into the people that are against this so called "exploit" (even going to the extent of saying BW should crack down or ban them) is that they feel the need to try and force everybody to play the way they think the game should be played...

Dont we have enough of this already?? I mean everytime people come up with a way to play the game that Bioware does not approve of they introduce a "fix" to put a stop to it.

Everyone has a different idea of what is and isnt fun - Just let people play the game however they want to

As Im a person who likes to take it nice and slow I still only have 2 characters at 50 even though Ive been in this game non stop since EGA and Launch. But thanks OP, at least now I know i can go to Ilum and get some extra XP so that I can go through the class quests (which is what I really want to do) while skipping the planet quests and sidequests which can be tedious and get boring after your 3rd time of doing it.

You just gave me a way to speed up my class questing - THANKS! :D

so out of curiosity, I made my way to Illum (which is easy enough to do, without having to buy priority transport) on one of my alts. it bolsters your character. but not your companion. so you cannot really accomplish all that much solo. you HAVE to be boosted.

that said... if people want to do that? let them.

P.S. it does explain though why I've been having issues with SCORPIO tanking for my operative. I thought she wasn't being boosted, and now I know it to be a fact. which makes it annoying to quest there even as a 45 (unless you don't depend on your companion as much)

xp gain from basic kills is just not worth it, when quests even in lowbie areas give so much more now...

Edited by Jeweledleah

To those who still doubt the Ilum 'technique', for whatever reason:

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2066/swtor50in18hrs.png

and that's probably 2-3 hours slower than it could have been.

Right or wrong, exploit or not, it's happening, en masse, across servers. On POT5, what started as a fun and social way (whole guilds, out there, chatting, joking and enjoying each other's company, regardless of level) to powerlevel to 50 had, by Sunday, become a ruthlessly cutthroat factory for grinding out new 50s.

Bioware, over to you...

I had nothing to do with it, I have a feeling a ban hammer may be on the horizon for players who participated. I was not willing to take that chance. Would have been nice, but not willing to chance it.

If that's the case hundreds of people will be banned. There was at least 2 groups of Imperials and one group of Republics and people were coming and going constantly.

If that's the case hundreds of people will be banned. There was at least 2 groups of Imperials and one group of Republics and people were coming and going constantly.

I hope not, really I do, but...I remember back what happened to a lot of the players who chose to exploit the first Illum loot boxes. Just seems to me that it's a safer bet to just not get involved. Since Devs have little communication with us about things we talk about, I'd rather not chance it.

I hope not, really I do, but...I remember back what happened to a lot of the players who chose to exploit the first Illum loot boxes. Just seems to me that it's a safer bet to just not get involved. Since Devs have little communication with us about things we talk about, I'd rather not chance it.

As far as I'm aware, though, they did nothing about the people who exploited early Ilum valour gains.

I'd say they'll fix this with the next patch and be done with it. They would have to ban literally thousands of people if they go down the banhammer path.

I finally clicked why some are taking issue, its the themepark mentality and rules are rules dammit! Short ppl hopping on the big ppl rides with total disregard for the sign that says "you must be this tall to hop on ride" will bring about anarchy.

Civilisation will fall unless everyone obeys every rule all the time /sarcasm

Ppl doing this way of levelling remind me of the ppl who would speed run Black talon/esselles over and over to max out social points... ie: I wish I had the patience to do these things because they are very efficient, but I dont have that patience so I just play it my way, they play it theirs... end of story (or more appropriately: Interlude).