Petition, straight and simple.

Tachenko_Yuri

Urael, it's an excellent allegory, but...

Actual frogs of Planet Earth don't do that. If they can escape the pan (the walls are low enough), they will get out, even if the temperature gets up slowly. People have conducted experiments, and that's what they have observed.

If you put them into a pan, yes, they jump out. They don't like being in pans. They're frogs. Pans aren't normal places for frogs to be. So they try to leave.

Put them into an environment that looks and feels friendly then slowly raise the temperature.

Actually, please don't. There's no reason to kill a frog like that, and that's exactly what would happen.

Edited by DarthTHC

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my quick skimming of the thread has about 40 people actively supporting the petion and about 20 expressively objecting to it.

Seems like I have to correct myself: This is not the *****torm I feard, but more like a storm in a tea cup.

Carry on.

My quick "skim" has about 58 against and 19 for. The thread "Erked" has 41,745 views and 1,403 posts at the time of posting this with countless other threads denouncing this money rep grind. If that's not a " *****torm " I don't know what is.

Edited by jedimessiah

I'm pretty sure that petitions are frowned upon.

I'm pretty sure that adding a paid reputation grind and paid achievements (on the PTS some of the CM titles, pets and speeders are REQUIRED for achievements!) is frowned upon by not only many players, but game designers as well.

Why are you people so pissy about this? They ADDED a NEW Reputation, it's not like it's blocking you from getting anything you could've had before they made it. Don't buy stuff in the CM and don't raise the rep if you are gunna complain about it. No one is saying "oh, you can't log onto your favorite character unless you get the highest rank in this rep". Get over it. It's new and it's optional.

Why are you people so pissy about this? They ADDED a NEW Reputation, it's not like it's blocking you from getting anything you could've had before they made it. Don't buy stuff in the CM and don't raise the rep if you are gunna complain about it. No one is saying "oh, you can't log onto your favorite character unless you get the highest rank in this rep". Get over it. It's new and it's optional.

Honestly? Because buying Reputation, whether credits or CCs just feels wrong. Even being able to buy BiS gear wasn't tacky since A) a bad player would still wipe on NiM EC with BiS, and B) it wasn't from the CM it was from other players.

Reputation/Factions are a feature that many of us want to be kept separate from the CM. Let me put it this way, I'm fine with everything regarding the Contraband Resale Corporation (certificates and whatever, EXCEPT the Reputation aspect). Increase the Certificates required or something, heck triple them for all I care, but don't leave the Reputation feature in there.

Edited by AshlaBoga

As a customer or Star Wars: The Old republic, I could give a flying squirrel's genitals about the implementation of anything in the game that gives neither a statistical nor time advantage to any player that is created exclusively via money expenditure.

This. I'm not a completionist, and honestly, don't give a rat's hindquarters about an unfilled bar.

BTW: It's approve of, considering that one's approval is not needed for a game company to implement any aspect.

Now whether you like (and therefore, approve of ) the aspect is another story.

Honestly? Because buying Reputation, whether credits or CCs just feels wrong. Even being able to buy BiS gear wasn't tacky since A) a bad player would still wipe on NiM EC with BiS, and B) it wasn't from the CM it was from other players.

Reputation/Factions are a feature that many of us want to be kept separate from the CM. Let me put it this way, I'm fine with everything regarding the Contraband Resale Corporation (certificates and whatever, EXCEPT the Reputation aspect). Increase the Certificates required or something, heck triple them for all I care, but don't leave the Reputation feature in there.

Uh. That's not the point. The point is to reward the people who do buy the packs so everything isn't so damn random. Everyone is just whining because they don't buy the packs. Too bad.

I'm fine with it. Makes perfect sense. If you feel so strongly, don't buy the packs. But, they are probably selling more of them now, so you're just going to have to deal with it.

Get over it. They're moving it to a different tab so you can pretend it doesn't exist.

/thread