Remove Collection Edition Vendor

Ayaan_Delphine

Gents,

As someone that pre-ordered the Collectors Edition and subbed till present I feel that there is absolutely NO need to have a Collectors Edition Vendor.

BW should continue to focus their efforts on the Cartel Market instead of pandering to my fellow CE's owners whom continue to whine that they deserve unique gear at the expense of all other subscribers. The sense of entitlement amongst these people is absolutely astonishing. The developers/programmers that made the promises of elite/unique gear have long since departed the company, therefore BW/EA are under no obligation to provide ANYTHING to Collectors Edition owners.

MMO's are meant to be inclusive and NOT EXCLUSIVE. Therefore I suggest in fairness to everyone that BW confine the Collectors Edition vendor to the bin.

Edited by Ayaan_Delphine
Errors

Gents,

As someone that pre-ordered the Collection Edition and subbed till present I feel that there is absolutely NO need to have a Collection Edition Vendor.

BW should continue to focus their efforts on the Cartel Market instead of pandering to my fellow CE's owners whom continue to whine that they deserve unique gear at the expense of all other subscribers. The sense of entitlement amongst these people is absolutely astonishing. The developers/programmers that made the promises of elite/unique gear have long since departed the company, therefore BW/EA are under no obligation to provide ANYTHING to Collection Edition owners.

MMO's are meant to be inclusive and NOT EXCLUSIVE. Therefore I suggest in fairness to everyone that BW confine the Collection Edition vendor to the bin.

so the new items on the new cartel market vendor arent exclusive to players putting money into EAsaurus ? Whats the difference to buyers of the ce ? (other then they where dumb enough to trust the promises bioware made and that they already spent the money unlike the cm, where EA still earns money).

Would be funny if the items on the new vendor just where fakes and players will find out once they got the rank/stuff. but thats not gonna happen, they want more of their money.

Edited by Neglience

Sarcasm or not. I like the game and I subscribed but these CE and Security vendors start bothering me.

There is no safe and fast way to get a CE key to upgrade the account. Something that will bring new incomes, giving the chance to everyone to get access to the vendors, in other words: digital CE upgrade.

The security key vendors, I know this is to incentivate the people to have extra security in their accounts.

1. There are no physical keys available (at least not for my country).

2. The smartphone app is not stable and if something doesn't work (which happens, even with the physical key) you have to call support. I have read that people who change their phones and reinstall the app have problems. I don't need to explain that this is not pleasant for the people who live in another country and don't speak english.

In summary, the smartphone app is an easy way to get your account locked. Brilliant

It won't look well if they remove the CE vendors, after all its an advertised product. But nothing stops them to have CE digital upgrades. The "CE" term is not equal to "pre-order", which is the one that bounds the company.

However, If something needs to be removed are the Security Key vendors or make them available for those who have the extra 3 security questions, which is more than enough.

I also own the CE version of the game. To the this date the only good that has come from it is the RL extras that came with the box (statue, soundtrack, etc). I have yet to see anything from the in-game vendor I want, from either side. I say take the VIP vendor speeder, give it to the CE vendor, then make the CE vendor the VIP vendor. That way everyone can access the items once they buy the VIP band (or get it from mail for DD/CE).

Reason I say turn CE into VIP is that the CE vendor actually looks like a vendor, not just some shady guy in a corner. :p

Sarcasm or not. I like the game and I subscribed but these CE and Security vendors start bothering me.

There is no safe and fast way to get a CE key to upgrade the account. Something that will bring new incomes, giving the chance to everyone to get access to the vendors, in other words: digital CE upgrade.

It won't look well if they remove the CE vendors, after all its an advertised product. But nothing stops them to have CE digital upgrades. The "CE" term is not equal to "pre-order", which is the one that bounds the company.

This again. Ok, make a CE digital upgrade, sure, and make it cost $150.

As per thread: who is more troll? The troll who started it or the trolls that followed him?

As per thread: who is more troll? The troll who started it or the trolls that followed him?

The Troll-land Wastes are not to be traveled lightly. Trolls frighten easily but they'll soon return, and in much greater numbers.

Gents,

As someone that pre-ordered the Collection Edition and subbed till present I feel that there is absolutely NO need to have a Collection Edition Vendor.

BW should continue to focus their efforts on the Cartel Market instead of pandering to my fellow CE's owners whom continue to whine that they deserve unique gear at the expense of all other subscribers. The sense of entitlement amongst these people is absolutely astonishing. The developers/programmers that made the promises of elite/unique gear have long since departed the company, therefore BW/EA are under no obligation to provide ANYTHING to Collection Edition owners.

MMO's are meant to be inclusive and NOT EXCLUSIVE. Therefore I suggest in fairness to everyone that BW confine the Collection Edition vendor to the bin.

i hope this is a sarcastic statement, If not then its not your call to make!!

i even doubt you are a CE owner in the first place. if you are then why did you buy the CE? if for the contents in the box, oh well you can get them all in Amazon....

Edited by saremun

Sorry, I missed your argument between the name calling.

$150 Fine, do you think you are the only kid in the block who can afford that number?. Congratulations.

I would honestly support the removal of the CE vendor if, and only if, I were the last person in the world to own a copy, thereby making it cost ineffective to continue it.

On second thought, who am I kidding? I paid for the damn thing, gimme my vendor!

I call shenanigans on the OP and his post. I'd certainly be inclined to waive the "updated (on occasion)" part if the number of CE owners dropped to next to nothing, but it's still something these people paid for. Only when the last CE owner cancels their sub would I feel dropping this vendor is justified.

Edited by althene

Sure, they could remove the CE vendor.

But then I'd also want €100 refund. I'll pretend that the actual physical contents of the box are worth €40-50, although production costs are likely less than that.

The sense of entitlement amongst these people is absolutely astonishing.

Yes, it's absolutely astonishing that customers hold service providers accountable for their promises.

The developers/programmers that made the promises of elite/unique gear have long since departed the company, therefore BW/EA are under no obligation to provide ANYTHING to Collectors Edition owners.

So you are saying that a company should never be obligated to live up to statements made by its representatives?

That the companies only have to fire their community managers in order to invalidate every single promise that has been made through them?

Including feature lists that still exist on the product's official website?

MMO's are meant to be inclusive and NOT EXCLUSIVE. Therefore I suggest in fairness to everyone that BW confine the Collectors Edition vendor to the bin.

Then, in all fairness, everything on the Cartel Market should be free for everyone.

Because charging for items is unfair when a lot of people can't afford them.

Edited by JediMB

meh, at this point they might as well completely get rid of the vendor just so the CE owners aren't being fed the false hope of regular updates.

I bought the collector's edition. I accepted long ago that the CE vendor was a wash.

In this latest patch, three brand new reputation vendors were added for a rep that can primarily only be advanced through buying cartel packs (yes, you can buy the packs on the GTN, but it will cost many millions of credits to get the rep). One of these vendors contains more exclusive gear than the entire collector's edition vendor.

In 1 day they gave more exclusive gear to people buying cartel packs than they ever gave to people who bought the collector's edition.

They have new items, they have lots of them. It seems that pushing new items (via the Cartel Market) is now the main focus of the development part of EA's TOR division (not sole focus, just main focus).

They have new items, they just choose not to put them on the collector's edition vendor.

Edited by Jaing

The developers/programmers that made the promises of elite/unique gear have long since departed the company, therefore BW/EA are under no obligation to provide ANYTHING to Collectors Edition owners.

This is one of the strangest points of view i've ever seen. It's original though and after 2 years of browsing swtor.com I like it when I finally see something different. Thank you.

This is one of the strangest points of view i've ever seen. It's original though and after 2 years of browsing swtor.com I like it when I finally see something different. Thank you.

You honestly haven't seen the "They don't even work here anymore!"-argument thrown around when someone is miffed when a developer quote is provided to counter whatever wild claims and statements they're making? I see it all the time, across a wide variety of forums.

The crux of the matter is, though, that any comment made by an employee of a company is representative of that company. Their current employment status doesn't matter.

You honestly haven't seen the "They don't even work here anymore!"-argument thrown around when someone is miffed when a developer quote is provided to counter whatever wild claims and statements they're making? I see it all the time, across a wide variety of forums.

The crux of the matter is, though, that any comment made by an employee of a company is representative of that company. Their current employment status doesn't matter.

heh, been having the same thought.

It wasn't Employee X and Employee Y promising that they themselves would produce regular updates. It was Employee X and Employee Y speaking on behalf of the company's development department, promising that the company would produce regular updates. (this was also listed on the actual product packaging, the packaging of the collector's edition for the game The Old Republic, last I checked that's the game we're still playing).

Edited by Jaing

While they do represent the company and any obligations they create fall upon the company, in this case the CE vendor, its a fair response to dev statements about direction or planned development. Neither direction nor planned development constitute some sort of legal obligation to customers to achieve these goals in a timely fashion or at all. Stances and goals change when management changes. Like they were previously very against AC swaps, now they say its something they'll probably add eventually.