[BUG]Darth Malak's Mouth Cover gives no muffled voice.

Magnusheart

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't add a voice effect, they're lazy. If they do add it, they're breaking immersion and wasting time, since Malak spoke through a voice box, and the mask was cosmetic.

I admit, I was hoping for a cool voice modulation, something like some of the Sith helmets, but I'm not upset that it's not there.

Just wondering, are people really fighting for something so silly? I mean really? Seriously? This is really just a massive troll thread right?

Look at it this way, maybe some dislike the fact their voice changes with certain headgear, so they throw in a few that don't change your voice! Weeee!

Aye. I too own the jaw. I too have built a character around wearing it. I too was vastly disappointed that, after binding it mind you, I discovered it did not cause any sort of effect to detract from the thick Imperial Accent of my Sith Warrior.

I play the character much more impulsive and prone to violent outbursts through my missions. It just seems really backwards then that I have this highly intelligent, refined British accent. I had hoped a bit of muffling would do the trick towards building some consistancy between the choices I am allowed to make and the behavior I am forced to exhibit.

• 5 weeks later...
If they don't add a voice effect, they're lazy. If they do add it, they're breaking immersion and wasting time, since Malak spoke through a voice box, and the mask was cosmetic.

I admit, I was hoping for a cool voice modulation, something like some of the Sith helmets, but I'm not upset that it's not there.

Breaking immersion?

Please go out and cover your mouth entirely with a hollow metal mask and then we'll see if your voice doesnt change.

Even better, just put on a regular motorcycle helmet that covers your entire face like this and try speaking to someone and ask if you sound just the same as when you dont have anything on your head.

Jesus Christ people!!! Will you ever stop whine about every single thing on those god forsaken forums???? You get no dev response, you whine. you get dev response you whine. You get a bad dev reponse, you whine. You get a good dev response, you whine again. Do you actually have to make an effort for it or it comes out naturally? Get a life!!!!

Please stop whining.

2.0.1 Patch Notes said that Cartel Market head items now make your voice muffled and distorted...but my Darth Malak's Jaw Casing still doesnt change my voice.

OH WHY BIOWARE WHY DO YOU TORTURE US ???

Really, where do they state this?

If you come back and reply with

All Arkanian, Verpine, Black Market, and Underworld helmets now modulate and distort voices.
then you need to read more closely. Black Market != Cartel Market.

• 3 weeks later...
Breaking immersion?

Please go out and cover your mouth entirely with a hollow metal mask and then we'll see if your voice doesnt change.

Even better, just put on a regular motorcycle helmet that covers your entire face like this and try speaking to someone and ask if you sound just the same as when you dont have anything on your head.

As soon as I can build a lightsaber and use the force, I'll start comparing a video game to reality.