Let's talk "exclusivity"

AshlaBoga

Hello everyone!

By now you probably know me as the guy who likes most of SWTOR, with the exception of some of the gear aesthetics (taste is in the eye of the beholder after all).

My only real issue with the Contraband Resale reputation is this:

The Contraband Resale Corporation is pleased to barter with their most frequent customers. However, nothing with the Hutts is ever free. For a small amount of Credits, players can purchase exclusive Vehicles, Companion Skins, Armor - and the ever-popular Resplendent Crown of Avarice. However, only the most dedicated supporters of the Corporation are allowed to wear a crown this...resplendent.

So let's examine this post.

1 - "For a small amount of credits." Well that's not entirely accurate: you have to get a certain reputation with the CR Corp before you can purchase those items.

2 - EXCLUSIVE. That means there's not way for someone like my friend 'K' (who's almost Legend for all the other Reputation tracks) to buy this gear unless he spends about a HUNDRED MILLION credits on the GTN. So basically you're telling all the completionists, "Sorry guys! If you're not wealthy irl then you have to spend 80-100 million credits to finish this Reputation track!"

3 - Since the Resplendent Crown of Avarice (aptly named, tongue in cheek by the dev's?) is a reskin of Boris Ulgo's crown, will we have the chance to get a similar version without participating in Cartel Market reputation?

4 - Why not make the CR Corp goods BoE? You'd have players spend thousands of American dollars to buy the packs and sell the goods that only they could purchase. I'd consider this to resolve points 1 and 3.

It's a bunch of titles and some fashion-statement armor... what am I missing here? Is there REALLY some sort of anal award that forces people to complete something that was thrown in to give a 'thanks for the fish' reward to the people that bough stuff on the cartel market?

Me, I'll save my credits for the rest of the reputation ranks and the millions of Malak armors and speeders that people are going to be posting on the GTN

It'll be like christmas baby :D

Hello everyone!

By now you probably know me as the guy who likes most of SWTOR, with the exception of some of the gear aesthetics (taste is in the eye of the beholder after all).

My only real issue with the Contraband Resale reputation is this:

So let's examine this post.

1 - "For a small amount of credits." Well that's not entirely accurate: you have to get a certain reputation with the CR Corp before you can purchase those items.

2 - EXCLUSIVE. That means there's not way for someone like my friend 'K' (who's almost Legend for all the other Reputation tracks) to buy this gear unless he spends about a HUNDRED MILLION credits on the GTN. So basically you're telling all the completionists, "Sorry guys! If you're not wealthy irl then you have to spend 80-100 million credits to finish this Reputation track!"

3 - Since the Resplendent Crown of Avarice (aptly named, tongue in cheek by the dev's?) is a reskin of Boris Ulgo's crown, will we have the chance to get a similar version without participating in Cartel Market reputation?

4 - Why not make the CR Corp goods BoE? You'd have players spend thousands of American dollars to buy the packs and sell the goods that only they could purchase. I'd consider this to resolve points 1 and 3.

DUDE, WTH are you talking about? only the CM customers play the game.....

way to go dear BW way to go, NEVER EVER SEEN a gaming company so eager to shot them selves in the feet like BW, i mean really.

People seem to be acting like drama queens about it too.

maybe because people(fans) like this game and don't want it to be exclusive for the boys with the fat pockets? maybe because BioWare lied about a great deal of things including the CM, as they said before" Its not P2W" yet people are making Millions from it. or maybe because they pissed on the subscribers and there is no reason to subscribe for anyway?

maybe because people(fans) like this game and don't want it to be exclusive for the boys with the fat pockets? maybe because BioWare lied about a great deal of things including the CM, as they said before" Its not P2W" yet people are making Millions from it. or maybe because they pissed on the subscribers and there is no reason to subscribe for anyway?

But, it's just a reputation? If you're a completionist and you abso-friggin'-lutely have to have this rep, then realize it comes with a price. Most reps require a time investment; this one requires a financial investment (either coins or creds).

This smacks of the same type of attitude that wants raid gear because "they gotta have it" yet doesn't want to make the required sacrifice to obtain said armor. Sorry, bro. If you don't like the system, vote with your wallet.

But, it's just a reputation? If you're a completionist and you abso-friggin'-lutely have to have this rep, then realize it comes with a price. Most reps require a time investment; this one requires a financial investment (either coins or creds).

This smacks of the same type of attitude that wants raid gear because "they gotta have it" yet doesn't want to make the required sacrifice to obtain said armor. Sorry, bro. If you don't like the system, vote with your wallet.

this is the thing!, see they give us the ability to gain Rep through Credits/coins then with the new achievement system the force you to have some items from the Rep faction in order to finish the achievement, look at what they said yesterday

What is the Cartel Market Reputation System?

We’ve added the Cartel Market Reputation System as a way of rewarding players who purchase multiple packs within a Shipment. Each Shipment will have its own Reputation track.

another word, they twist words until we reach the point when the CM is needed in the game content.

Besides i wouldn't even be annoyed if they have the same quality of rewards with the other Rep factions, look at the Voss items( recolored gear) and look at the Section-X faction( revamped Trooper gear), look at the Gree( recolored agent armor) while with the new faction they have a list of new and unique armor sets or items.

this is the thing!, see they give us the ability to gain Rep through Credits/coins then with the new achievement system the force you to have some items from the Rep faction in order to finish the achievement, look at what they said yesterday

We’ve added the Cartel Market Reputation System as a way of rewarding players who purchase multiple packs within a Shipment. Each Shipment will have its own Reputation track.

another word, they twist words until we reach the point when the CM is needed in the game content.

Besides i wouldn't even be annoyed if they have the same quality of rewards with the other Rep factions, look at the Voss items( recolored gear) and look at the Section-X faction( revamped Trooper gear), look at the Gree( recolored agent armor) while with the new faction they have a list of new and unique armor sets or items.

What? Your anti-CM rants grow more incoherent with each passing post.

Edited by Vember

What? Your anti-CM rants grow more incoherent with each passing post.

iam not Anti-Cm, i love the CM and i got many items from it BUT making it part of the game content and making it the first priority by adding better items on CM while pissing on the rest of game WHICH the subscribers pay for is just out of place.

again SWTOR is not the best MMO nor the brightest but the ONLY reason i play it because its "Star Wars".

You act as if I haven't been here since early access and dealing with the same things. I am a CE owner also, so I've seen it all here too. The problem is that Bioware added a feature that gives a little TY to the people that have gone above and beyond in the form of some armors and a Mount and people are acting like drama.queens like Bioware just told them that they have to sacrifice their first born child. Either people play the CM mini game or they don't, its not something required; people need to stop acting like it is.

Edited by Hyfy

If you are talking about the cartel certificates, those are only required IF you want to purchase some of the vanity items. The rep tokens that actuslly build your rep come in EVERY cartel pack which can be bought on the GTN when people post them. And to be honest the Rep vendor items aren't that great looking, hell the only one I even want as of right now is that Aratech Eclipse speeder. The smoked see through ferrings on it is a nice look but the actual vanity armor is meh at best.

You act as if I haven't been here since early access and dealing with the same things. I am a CE owner also, so I've seen it all here too. The problem is that Bioware added a feature that gives a little TY to the people that have gone above and beyond in the form of some armors and a Mount and people are acting like drama.queens like Bioware just told them that they have to sacrifice their first born child. Either people play the CM mini game or they don't, its not something required; people need to stop acting like it is.

the question is, If i ignore the CM and all its "Fluff" would the CM also ignore me? in other word, If i dont care about the CM market and all its changes would i be a way from the side effects and changes it brings?

the crafting is already Crap, the economy is so messed up where people get Millions of credits while others have to work their asses out to get money through endless boring dailies, the focus turned to CM and the rest of the game already suffers because of that in many ways including the Lowest and crappiest kind of RECOLORED armor we got in the other Rep vendors.

question is, do i want the "fluff", of curse i do and i already bought some of the Items from the CM and until now revans mask which cost 5mil is something i couldn't afford enough money to get So there the Argument of " you can buy it with out spending CC" goes away.

AGAIN- if the change which is happening because the CM doesn't effect me i wouldn't give a **** bout it but it does and it does it badly!

If you are talking about the cartel certificates, those are only required IF you want to purchase some of the vanity items. The rep tokens that actuslly build your rep come in EVERY cartel pack which can be bought on the GTN when people post them. And to be honest the Rep vendor items aren't that great looking, hell the only one I even want as of right now is that Aratech Eclipse speeder. The smoked see through ferrings on it is a nice look but the actual vanity armor is meh at best.

The reputation tokens do not come in every pack. The certificates drop from the same table. So you can wind up with a lot of rep without the proper currency to take advantage of it, or inversely with a lot of currency without meeting the minimum rep requirements.

Edited by CelCawdro

I can speak only for myself, but I was fine when the system was released - I actually perceived it as a "thank you" for loyal customers who actively used the Cartel Market. The line is crossed, however, when multiple lines of reputation are created. It's superfluous and it transitions the system from a sign of good will to one of contempt in an attempt to milk those very same customers dry.

I don't really see how this is so different from having cartel packs for sale. It just means instead of using a completely random roll for an item you have an incremental progression.

It looks to me like BW decided they need to prevent the cartel market interface from becoming too bloated and decided that this was a way they could get things off the CM itself without removing them from the game.

I don't really see how this is so different from having cartel packs for sale. It just means instead of using a completely random roll for an item you have an incremental progression.

It looks to me like BW decided they need to prevent the cartel market interface from becoming too bloated and decided that this was a way they could get things off the CM itself without removing them from the game.

Only true if there is a single bar. More than one voids that concept, unfortunately. And that;s a shame, because I actually liked the system before that was made known.

Edited by CelCawdro

The reputation tokens do not come in every pack. The certificates drop from the same table. So you can wind up with a lot of rep without the proper currency to take advantage of it, or inversely with a lot of currency without meeting the minimum rep requirements.

I don't recall seeing a single pack I bought not have one of the three in it.

the question is, If i ignore the CM and all its "Fluff" would the CM also ignore me? in other word, If i dont care about the CM market and all its changes would i be a way from the side effects and changes it brings?

the crafting is already Crap, the economy is so messed up where people get Millions of credits while others have to work their asses out to get money through endless boring dailies, the focus turned to CM and the rest of the game already suffers because of that in many ways including the Lowest and crappiest kind of RECOLORED armor we got in the other Rep vendors.

question is, do i want the "fluff", of curse i do and i already bought some of the Items from the CM and until now revans mask which cost 5mil is something i couldn't afford enough money to get So there the Argument of " you can buy it with out spending CC" goes away.

AGAIN- if the change which is happening because the CM doesn't effect me i wouldn't give a **** bout it but it does and it does it badly!

So your argument is "because I haven't seen anything added since the CM came into play that YOU like then obviously the game is suffering". Gotcha!

So your argument is "because I haven't seen anything added since the CM came into play that YOU like then obviously the game is suffering". Gotcha!

I think he means that crafters suffer on the GTN due to the flood of goods from the market (meh, minor issue). He could also mean that more effort is being put into developing the cartel market than the rest of the game (if true, big issue).