Where is the big announcement?

Chemmie

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it APAC server transfers? Or a merger? Or ANYTHING??

That'd cause a lot of joy, you know. You could make a lot of people really, really happy.

My issue has nothing to do with APAC and It doesn't concern me however I do feel for you APAC peeps! Server Transfers would address all of our concerns and that will be the final issue that is fixed and we can finally put our focus on feedback on content.

One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure.

I never said I didn't like space and considered it trash, just for right now, server transfers are more important. Then we can focus on the good stuff like space. Trust me, I've played SWG space and I loved it!

Dual spec or adv class chage! :eek::rak_02::)

Key words: "BIG Annoucement."

Bioware: "We have several things to annouce and to do before we launch the expansion."(from that cantina tour meeting or something)

But today its a Big Annoucement(which got pushed into tommorow), so tommorow has got to be important.

You mean where you announce that you know you screwed up with the Reputation from Cartel Packs only concept? I sincerely doubt Bioware would have the guts to admit something like that, or change it.

Sometimes I don't get people. If you lack the self control to not care about an empty reputation bar, for a feature you disagree with, then you have bigger problems then the new reputation grind. On top of that, people wanted a way to buy certain Cartel Pack items directly w/o the randomness of the packs. That is all this is. If I tend to buy packs in large amounts to get said items and strike out, which certainly happens, I now have an alternative to buy the items directly. And yes it makes sense to tie this into actual money spent. So now if I want the new shiny piece of gear (with no stats btw.....) I have several options, I can 1.) buy cartel packs and hope I get it (you can easily spend $40 bucks on packs and not get the item you want). 2.) buy off the GTN for several million credits (helmets, rare crystals) or 3.) use my reputation that I got from all the cartel packs I struck out on and buy directly, but much cheaper than the GTN (may have to wait a while before item becomes available.

They said in the 1.6 Q&A that the SSSP was very far off. Probably way too soon to be getting announcements about it.

They could still show a teaser for it or announce that it is in the works officially. I would think they would also run a beta for that type of expansion also and would hope that this time they would allow active subscribers to have access to it.

Dual spec or adv class chage! :eek::rak_02::)

I hope not. With free respecs+field respecs we can basically dual spec. I know you have to re-arrange your quick bar each time, but there are ways around that even.

Advanced class change isn't a huge announcement to me. I just don't see any reason to change my advanced classes. I know some people may want to, but I could care less.

Server transfers is what is likely the biggest issue pending for players.

They could still show a teaser for it or announce that it is in the works officially. I would think they would also run a beta for that type of expansion also and would hope that this time they would allow active subscribers to have access to it.

It is in the works and at least it looks like its at the top of the list of the wall of crazy. Still not gonna see it anytime soon.

I lied to you :(

We hit a small hiccup, the announcement will happen tomorrow though. Promise!

Spoiler: It is not the release date.

i doubt this will be oceanic merges/transfers we have been asking about for about 8months?

i doubt this will be oceanic merges/transfers we have been asking about for about 8months?

Its likely its information about server transfers in general, APAC isn't the only one complaining, fans across different servers want to transfer off to another server. Its not definite, but its likely.

Edited by Jonoku

I never said I didn't like space and considered it trash, just for right now, server transfers are more important. Then we can focus on the good stuff like space. Trust me, I've played SWG space and I loved it!

Nor do I think Server Transfers are Trash (even if I have all my toons on the most Populated Server), just an expression. But I do feel for all the other people who need transfers, just wanted to put other options out there.

I was thinking along the lines of this.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Its likely its information about server transfers in general, APAC isn't the only one complaining, fans across different servers want to transfer off to another server. Its not definite, but its likely.

atleast you guys get more then 20 people on a server making it somewhat playable. US did get free mergers and apac been ignored for bout 8months now.

Disney/Lucas cancelling SWTOR in favor of an EWOKS the cartoon based MMO where you have to buy nub nub from the cash store to walk. EA are apparently excited by the opportunity as it will target the critical 5-9 year old market with their huge spending power..

Eric, I really do appreciate your honesty and great communication with us recently :)

It really feels like you've revitalized this community. Can't wait for this mystery announcement... :rak_02:

Man at least have the decency to put spoiler tags! As a mod you should know better! :rak_04:

Edited by Keffeine

Good News Everyone!

The Big Announcement is here! The expansion is going to be renamed to reflect the current direction of the development strategy at Bioware. Welcome to SW:ToR 2.0....

RISE OF THE CARTEL MARKET: Cartel Coins Online

"May the Fluff be with you!"

Will you have what it takes to gain rep with all the new cartel vendors on fleet? Who will be the first to own that rare and ugly speeder before fleet is crawling with thirty slightly diffrent colored versions of it? Will you survive the horrific conditions of your bank tabs overloading with useless garbage? With Cartel Coins Online, the adventure is here! (In your wallet.)

The nerd rage with you people would be entertaining to watch if it wasn't so sad. Buy the packs, don't buy the packs, but for the love of God give it a rest. You all have gone on for 80 some odd pages about it and said nothing beyond I won't participate but its unfair that other people will. They added a little something extra for the people who do get the packs, its all cosmetic play the meta game or don't.

But stop whining.

Sometimes I don't get people. If you lack the self control to not care about an empty reputation bar, for a feature you disagree with, then you have bigger problems then the new reputation grind. On top of that, people wanted a way to buy certain Cartel Pack items directly w/o the randomness of the packs. That is all this is. If I tend to buy packs in large amounts to get said items and strike out, which certainly happens, I now have an alternative to buy the items directly. And yes it makes sense to tie this into actual money spent. So now if I want the new shiny piece of gear (with no stats btw.....) I have several options, I can 1.) buy cartel packs and hope I get it (you can easily spend $40 bucks on packs and not get the item you want). 2.) buy off the GTN for several million credits (helmets, rare crystals) or 3.) use my reputation that I got from all the cartel packs I struck out on and buy directly, but much cheaper than the GTN (may have to wait a while before item becomes available.

Well said. Much more succinct than I was conveying.