Let's Talk Forum Rules

EricMusco

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make everyone happy, make a Spam Central subsection, for all the trolls to do and say what they want. If you don't wanna get trolled, don't go in. From there on out, trolling OUTSIDE of Spam Central, should result in a week long band. This has usually worked in the past on other forums.

Why encourage trolling here at all? Don't they have the whole rest of the internet to troll and spam to their heart's desire?

No and what does that have to do with the topic of te thread? Seriously just stick with the threads you currently have.

I dont know maybne they said they would be more directly active in answering posts and since sins habe been ignored it makes perfect sense if i can add one plus one

I dont know maybne they said they would be more directly active in answering posts and since sins habe been ignored it makes perfect sense if i can add one plus one

The thread was about forum rules. Therefore he would only respond to that type of question. He does not have information regarding sins, that is for the combat team. So why on earth would he respond to you?

What we will not allow, and we will continue to action, is personal attacks against developers, but this rule is no different than anything else as we do not allow that kind of behavior between forum users. You are allowed to be negative as long as you remain respectful and we absolutely will use that feedback to pass on to our development team!

Positive step. Allowing one to create and maintain a post that begins with, "The developers are a bunch of morons that have no clue about gaming", will do nothing beyond waste space with a heated, and often times, adolescent argument filled with vitriol and accusation.

As someone that has been "warned" for an infraction that I still do not understand, I'm very please with the direction and common sense approach here.....and I'm sure they are pleased that they have my approval. ;p

Edited by Blackardin

I've pretty much stopped posting since this went live. The moderation on these boards has always been amateurish and blatantly biased towards certain points of view, and even posters. I certainly have gotten annoyed at times and resorted to flaming, so I'm not claiming to be innocent of going against the rules, at times but by no means do I come here to troll and flame people for the sake of trolling and flaming people, unlike certain posters who have been doing the same exact thing since before launch with NO action taken against them.

On more than one occasion I've been called names and insulted many times in a single thread and the MOMENT I responded with essentially "***?" I get an infraction for being rude and uninviting, while the posts with insults that aren't even veiled in any way stay in the thread without any sanctions.

Certain posters can just keep on flaming without worry with no sanctions whatsoever but if you DARE to challenge their point of view, you get a warning for, if nothing else, being "off-topic" even if you directly respond to something someone else said. It's as if the mods have never had a conversation about anything in their entire lives as they don't seem to comprehend that discussions EVOLVE and repeating the same point over and over again ins't a discussion, it's ranting.

And now, I'll most likely get a warning for "discussing moderation" in a thread that was made by the CM tea mlead to... discuss moderation. Because that makes PERFECT sense.

/Agree

I honestly think forum moderation needs to truly lighten up. The new infraction system goes against the team's aim at being more lenient. Cleanse previous infractions forum accounts had and truly look towards the future. Also, give infractions an expiration date. Ridiculous how they'd be there forever.

IMO, this has been handled unprofessionally and it's been laughable.

:rolleyes:

/Agree

I honestly think forum moderation needs to truly lighten up. The new infraction system goes against the team's aim at being more lenient. Cleanse previous infractions forum accounts had and truly look towards the future. Also, give infractions an expiration date. Ridiculous how they'd be there forever.

IMO, this has been handled unprofessionally and it's been laughable.

:rolleyes:

Is it that you finally got perma banned on your own account or something?

1) We all live by the same rule set... so what difference does it make?

2) You have self-admitted in your open letter thread to be using a friends account to post here, and frankly you risk getting him banned for your misbehavior. What you are doing is against the ToS, so you of all people have no business demanding anything with respect to forum moderation.

I think it's fair. I think most folks know the lines they should not cross and do anyway.

I have to admit I have received a few odd warnings for things not listed in the rules...but they were just warnings. So it was nothing lost, something gained in my view.

One time I got a warning for making a thread of the whereabouts of a certain forum member. It was just a friendly, simple question and the thread got deleted and I got a warning for it.

To this day I cannot see anything I gained from that.

Is it that you finally got perma banned on your own account or something?

1) We all live by the same rule set... so what difference does it make?

2) You have self-admitted in your open letter thread to be using a friends account to post here, and frankly you risk getting him banned for your misbehavior. What you are doing is against the ToS, so you of all people have no business demanding anything with respect to forum moderation.

I'd rather not use my own account to post on the forums because he has a Display Name I greatly regret giving him.

Misbehavior? I think the only time I was guilty of that was in the last petition thread, but BW said a lot by not saying anything or doing anything at all in that thread. Kudos to doing something right for once.

My friend doesn't even use this account anymore so he gave it to me. He only really needed it for that broken Friends of SWTOR program.

One time I got a warning for making a thread of the whereabouts of a certain forum member. It was just a friendly, simple question and the thread got deleted and I got a warning for it.

To this day I cannot see anything I gained from that.

Fair enough, but like me I would contend you gained the knowledge that that behavior was against the rules.

Fair enough, but like me I would contend you gained the knowledge that that behavior was against the rules.

I once got an infraction for something someone else actually said.

I appealed it and it was reversed and they apologized. Turns out I had reported it, and they had assigned the infraction to the reporter rather then the reportee.

Warnings... I have never received a warning that..... after reviewing what I wrote objectively...I did not deserve. Sure.. it's always a judgment call on Biowares part.. but it is their forum and internet text is not a perfect medium of expression. It's easier to offend (even if not intentional) when there is no body language and face to face interactions. Thats' why important diplomacy in the real world is done face to face.

I once got an infraction for something someone else actually said.

I appealed it and it was reversed and they apologized. Turns out I had reported it, and they had assigned the infraction to the reporter rather then the reportee.

Warnings... I have never received a warning that..... after reviewing what I wrote objectively...I did not deserve. Sure.. it's always a judgment call on Biowares part.. but it is their forum and internet text is not a perfect medium of expression. It's easier to offend (even if not intentional) when there is no body language and face to face interactions. Thats' why important diplomacy in the real world is done face to face.

In my case my warning was for posting something in the forum I should not...but I had no way of knowing that information was not allowed. In hindsight I certainly understand why they would not want the info to be posted now, as it was explained rather well in the warning.

I think it was fair, and I learned to never post that kind of info again.

I also received a warning once for "outing" my boss...he was ravennight on the forum. I was just pointing out how proud I was of his work, and doing so was against the rules. I think that was fair as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Something tells me you've never received a warning... :p

Edited by FriendReferral