Here come the multi-boxers >.<

Antasius

i can see two or 3 boxing in a few games, i two boxed in daoc (everyone did) but when you start getting up to 4 or 5 boxes you have problems. But 40?? *** dude? Im betting this 40 box guy is a raving lunatic and i would love to see an interview with him.

I didn't check to see whom posted, but go do a browser search under the name "Sam Deathwalker" (and no, I am NOT Sam). He's infamous for multi-boxing like that in WoW and I think EQ1.

Then go to EQ2Flames, an EQ2 fan site and find the thread about Sam...it's..amusing, should be archived there somewhere.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOR doesn't exactly seem multiboxer-friendly to me. In addition to the lack of macros and there not really being an ideal class (Sniper or Mercenary might be the closest thing), which have already been mentioned, I see a couple of other problems.

This game needs a lot more resources than WoW to run, and it still has that memory leak, doesn't it? If you have four instances of TOR open, I imagine you'd have to log out pretty frequently to clear your RAM. This probably won't be an issue if you use multiple computers, though.

The other problem I see is the class story. You'd have to watch every class story cutscene and fight through every Class Story Area four times if you're multiboxing a full group of four characters. I can see that getting awfully old pretty quickly.

You might be better off keeping it down to two characters and their companions.

Personally I didn't realize /follow had been removed from WoW. It’s an interesting move on Blizzard’s part and (now that I ask internally) we are already looking at any possible negative aspects that might occur if multi-boxing within SWTOR was to become a ‘thing’. I'll be clear that certain ways of technically implementing multi-boxing are very much against the Terms of Service, so I would suggest erring on the side of caution and not depend on existing functionality staying static...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=608444 < This is calling your name Phillip.

How is that a legitemet form of gameplay, what possible reason would anyone have for that? seems to me he is a gold farmer/powerleveler and should be banned anyway.

No, it's nothing like that. I don't quite see the charm of multiboxing, either, but some people do really enjoy it. One of my guildies in WoW used to multibox when he wasn't raiding with us. He was a cool guy, and one of our better players, so I take a "live and let live" approach to this particular subject.

I am not worryed at all. I don't pvp. Pvp always has people trying to camp/greaf others. On top of that I watch people find it so funny killing some one, and not letting them run away. It gives them a power high of some kind. I stay far away from pvp. I would only do pvp if I was guaranteed that players would have to play fair, and there was no world pvp allowed. Til then. I will stick to pve or rp.

I am not worryed at all. I don't pvp. Pvp always has people trying to camp/greaf others. On top of that I watch people find it so funny killing some one, and not letting them run away. It gives them a power high of some kind. I stay far away from pvp. I would only do pvp if I was guaranteed that players would have to play fair, and there was no world pvp allowed. Til then. I will stick to pve or rp.

This is about PvP in warzones. Not griefing people in the world. Your post is irrelevant to this.

This is about PvP in warzones. Not griefing people in the world. Your post is irrelevant to this.

Lol. Um the topic is multi boxing, and how it will affect the game as well as others. All I did was state I am not worryed, and that I stay clear away from pvp stuff and reasons why. I don't know why you would be rude to me by saying what I said on it is irrelevant. But then agein. This is the forms. Its common for people to be rude to others.

/follow would be a horrendous way to PvP in WZ's, due to the stuns/slows/roots alone lol. Also, there is no decent way to grind out top tier PvP gear outside of WZ's, so that's moot.

I have seen players multi-box in previous games, like 4+ toons, and they will utilize a 3rd party program (key recorder) for their movements/abilities. In World PvP, yeah it's quite comical, in WZ's it will be kinda giggled at considering the maps we have. But hey, bring him on lol.

Stun the first toon that's multi-boxing in the fire watch the other burn yep killed half there team in one move that worked great lol

There is all ready boxers in TOR just search youtube you will find the videos of people doing it.

This is what kills me. There have been multi-boxers in SWTOR since launch. I'm one of them, and I can't recall ever seeing a single thread in the forums reporting a problem caused by folks multi-boxing.

WoW takes action to remove the /follow command from PVP, which I actually agree with as multi-boxing should not be allowed to interfere with other player's gaming experience, but out come the Chicken Little naysayers screaming to the Devs that "the multi-boxers are coming to SWTOR and they're gonna destroy it!", to the point that a senior head at BW posts that they are now looking into disabling it.

The multi-boxers aren't "coming" to SWTOR, they've been here all along, and how many of you naysayers have ever had a single problem caused by a multi-boxer? Yet, here you are, crying to the heavens that it must be stopped. Unbelievable.

Hey, I have a solution: since multi-boxing is basically a single person running a group of toons, lets permanently fix the problem. Turn off the ability to group altogether. In fact, let's make every aspect of this game an instance, no grouping, and then no one will have to worry about multi-boxers ruining the game. We can all enjoy our personal, secluded MMO gaming experience without the threat of those evil multi-boxers.

There is all ready boxers in TOR just search youtube you will find the videos of people doing it.

The ones I've seen on there are all doing PvE content. I think multi-boxing on PvE isn't as frowned upon as it is in PvP. And the topic here is about WoW removing follow from PvP. They didn't say it was removed from PvE.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

This is what kills me. There have been multi-boxers in SWTOR since launch. I'm one of them, and I can't recall ever seeing a single thread in the forums reporting a problem caused by folks multi-boxing.

WoW takes action to remove the /follow command from PVP, which I actually agree with as multi-boxing should not be allowed to interfere with other player's gaming experience, but out come the Chicken Little naysayers screaming to the Devs that "the multi-boxers are coming to SWTOR and they're gonna destroy it!", to the point that a senior head at BW posts that they are now looking into disabling it.

The multi-boxers aren't "coming" to SWTOR, they've been here all along, and how many of you naysayers have ever had a single problem caused by a multi-boxer? Yet, here you are, crying to the heavens that it must be stopped. Unbelievable.

Hey, I have a solution: since multi-boxing is basically a single person running a group of toons, lets permanently fix the problem. Turn off the ability to group altogether. In fact, let's make every aspect of this game an instance, no grouping, and then no one will have to worry about multi-boxers ruining the game. We can all enjoy our personal, secluded MMO gaming experience without the threat of those evil multi-boxers.

How do you multi-box in TOR PvP? Explain. Before you get upset and all temper, remember this is about WoW doing it in Battlegrounds without saying they are doing it from the entire game.

How do you multi-box in TOR PvP? Explain. Before you get upset and all temper, remember this is about WoW doing it in Battlegrounds without saying they are doing it from the entire game.

Thanks for the question.

I don't multi-box PVP at all, in SWTOR, WoW, or any other game.

The naysayers would have everyone believe that all multi-boxers are PVPers that use multi-boxing to gain an unfair advantage, and so multi-boxing should be disallowed from all content (PVP and PVE).

While I guess you could multi-box PVP in WoW, I don't think it would really work in SWTOR because of the issues of trying to keep the group together when they get stunned, pushed-back, etc. Multi-boxing isn't a very good thing for PVP - I'd actually say it would be harder than PVPing with a single toon.

I would have absolutely no problem with BW removing the /follow command from all SWTOR PVP content. What gets me steamed is that the naysayers are coming out of the woodwork crying that multi-boxers should be stopped at all costs, from all content (including PVE) due to all these "theoretical" problems that haven't even occurred.

Edited by CinderBane

Thanks for the question.

I don't multi-box PVP at all, in SWTOR, WoW, or any other game.

The naysayers would have everyone believe that all multi-boxers are PVPers that use multi-boxing to gain an unfair advantage, and so multi-boxing should be disallowed from all content (PVP and PVE).

While I guess you could multi-box PVP in WoW, I don't think it would really work in SWTOR because of the issues of trying to keep the group together when they get stunned, pushed-back, etc. Multi-boxing isn't a very good thing for PVP - I'd actually say it would be harder than PVPing with a single toon.

I would have absolutely no problem with BW removing the /follow command from all SWTOR PVP content. What gets me steamed is that the naysayers are coming out of the woodwork crying that multi-boxers should be stopped at all costs, from all content (including PVE) due to all these "theoretical" problems that haven't even occurred.

Yes, it is a non-issue in PvE so no need to change it in PvE. In this game, someone does it in PvP will probably not have that good of a time how like you said the stuns and such. This game's PvP would probably make the guy with 40 accounts in WoW rage quit after a few days. lol

I'm just the messenger here eh, so ya know... BUT - I guess I did open this can o' worms so I should clarify that message is this:

There are estimates of hundreds (maybe thousands) of hardcore Multi-boxers in WoW. - these are just wild guesses thrown around by others. Could be total bs, I have no idea.

Those players are looking into other games -en mass- after the soft-kill nerf bat hit a bit harder the other day.

/follow-gate if you will.

I have heard that SWTOR is one of the popular MMO options these hardcore multi-boxers are looking at. And so I posted here.

I'm just the messenger here eh, so ya know... BUT - I guess I did open this can o' worms so I should clarify that message is this:

There are estimates of hundreds (maybe thousands) of hardcore Multi-boxers in WoW. - these are just wild guesses thrown around by others. Could be total bs, I have no idea.

Those players are looking into other games -en mass- after the soft-kill nerf bat hit a bit harder the other day.

/follow-gate if you will.

I have heard that SWTOR is one of the popular MMO options these hardcore multi-boxers are looking at. And so I posted here.

I have no problem with you or the message. I actually fully agree that multi-boxing should not be allowed to provide any kind of PVP advantage to anyone, and I would fully support removing the /follow command from all PVP content, and even removing the /follow ability when you are flagged for PVP. No problem at all.

I just can't believe that folks are pushing to stop multi-boxing in all content based on theoretical "problems" that haven't even occurred. I'm not hurting ANYONE in this game by multi-boxing in PVE content, so why do folks want to punish me for it?

No, jealousy would be when you're in a position where you "wished" you were able to do the same as someone else.

I'm sorry, but no matter how rich I was or much spare time I had, playing loads of characters at the same time online in a multiplayer game is NOT something I wish I could do - far from it.

I enjoy playing the game because I'm actually "playing" it. Running around with a load of other characters all doing the same thing is not playing the game at all.

Also - the clue is in the name "multiplayer". I interact with real people in the games I play - I'm not too caught up in my own world that I cannot make friends, even short term ones to simply get past some content.

In awe? Quite possibly. In awe because I can think of a million and one things I could spend £400 on each month.

I'm not in awe of the fact he obviously cannot make in-game friends and if he's got the time and money to do this, he cannot make real-life friends either.

So jealousy? Definitely not.

The guy i quoted was talking about money, not playstyle.

Speaking about your post, keep in mind that we are all different, and so are our views on what is fun and what is not. Playing loads of characters at the same time online in a multiplayer game may not be something you'd like to do, but this is definitely something he likes, and there's nothing wrong with that.

If someone pours (probably) 50k into a game then rage quits when they change something (expecting nothing to change in an MMO is also idiotic), then yes that is an idiot. Fool and his money were parted.

First, if a person can earn enough money to devote that much to a game, then he's not an idiot. Idiots don't earn much irl, you know.

Second, it's not a "rage quit when they change something". They removed an ability for multiboxers to play BG's, which was there for many years, leaving him no motivation to continue playing. What if Bioware remove your way of playing this game and you quit because of it? Can other people call you an idiot as well?

Chicken little this people:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/blizzard-removes-follow-command-from-wow-battlegrounds/

The sky looks dark... the dark side of real-life it is.

You've just demonstrated the valid reason for eliminating this command. I used to three box my leveling toons but never chose to do so in PvP because it is quite unfair. Multi-boxing in BGs is basically cheating as it grants an enormous advantage to the boxer which allows him to unfairly rule the battleground as they are basically invincible.

I can think of no smarter move for Blizzard then to finally remove this command and put a stop to this. I'm thinking that the rest of the genre will follow suite as the revenue they regain from people formerly frustrated with these multiboxers will far exceed this one individuals obsessive, compulsive addiction to the game.

If the Developers of this game are astute, they will prevent this from ever infecting this game. If not, Blizzard will have seen there plan come to fruition. That plan would be to move the multi-boxer problem to another game while at the same time re-establishing the participation of avid BG players that had formerly left. This game, if not quick to react, could end up losing its avid PvPers and gaining this problem.....something they can ill-afford to do at this point in time.

My opinion anyway.,