Scripts in PVP

Crawelc

If anyone takes this **** seriously I would most definitely get your head checked.

I have to say... 'it looks at my procs and then chooses my attacks'. Isn't that half of what separates a decent player from a bad in the first place? Who doesn't *already* do this manually? With a 1.5 second GCD, you'd have to be the most cerebral player and worst typist in the world to benefit from something like that. As for the notion that a script could give one person the edge in a fight between two players of equal skill... well, I'll believe it when I see it. And that's assuming we're talking 1v1, which is somewhat rare in warzones; once you bring multiple players into the mix, when you talk about automation you're not talking about a scripting task anymore, but something else entirely -- something which I doubt is even effectively possible, given the client-server game architecture. This whole thing strikes me as "someone beat me ergo they hack" paranoia.

TL;DR: If someone had the requisite knowledge to script something like that, they probably wouldn't bother anyway, and their gameplay would suffer if they did.

Edited by JenseitsvonBose

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine this:

There is a free program out there that will allow you to shoot of non global cooldown abilities as soon as they are available.

It lets you use finishing moves instantly, as soon as your target hits the required % of health.

It buffs you or your team as soon as you have the required stacks of whatever.

It runs on its own, without causing lag.

It can be turned on and off whenever you chose.

It has ZERO drawbacks.

It takes 5 mins or less to set up.

It is a SWTOR endorsed product.

It's called a mouse and keyboard.

Because everyone keeps mentioning that the elite, best of the best pvpers are the ones supposedly using this, which would mean the top guilds, the ones that dominate in rated and premades. Clearly that is not the case. The op would have you believethat EVERY top guild uses something like this, and I think it is actually a very small minority, if any, and what they gain is probably not anywhere near what they would gain from actually being good. Its stil wrong if it is occurring, I just dont think its as big of a deal... I guess because it still does not give players an advantage over me that agood player wouldnt have.

So let me clarify: noobs using programs to win a 1v1 s and farm damage in normal warzone does not equal top pvper. If it can coordinate focus targets for people and best a top rated team, then I would be concerned.

I have never called out any individual or guild ever. What I have said is that the fact that it is usable and undetectable, even by your own team mates, puts a taint on rated warzones all together. With out getting into to much detail, how handy would it be to have an auto knockback when lept to. Never ever use an ability without the proper buffs. To your last scenario a target of target script would take maybe 2 mins to write. Every time your focus target hard swapped you would immidiatly switch with them. The possibilities are endless. Your assertion that no one on your server uses them is absurd, as the person right next to you in the ops frame could use them and you would never know.

You know, all you have to do is tailor the delay's to the GCD (which everyone knows is 1.5 sec.) and adjust the timing tailored to the user's specific latency. I won't go into more detail here for obvious reasons but even a troll with down syndrome can do it and you don't need a "macro goblin" esq program to accomplish it.

This post that said this was a toll post

"A script is 100 times faster than a human can play, even the best keybound player won't move as fast as a script."

You think this is true? Really? lol...

Actually the OP is speaking about "bots". Like the Walker or Ranger for Lineage 2.

It is not only for rotations. You can program many other actions. Like hiting the CC breaker the exact moment the resolve bar is full. Or any other action which requires fast reflexes and of course the computer will be always faster than human.

I have seen few cases (everyone who played Lineage could detect them immediately) but it was long time ago.

After a banhammer announced by Bioware I have not seen Neo's reflexes anymore.

Why would one want to hit cc breaker on auto?

Unless we'r getting capped and I'm on hard stun, I will keep it for later.

Only usefull thing on it would be auto bubble for whole team (for sorc), auto clense (if smart), and auto execute (maybe undying rage when about to 10% hp and maybe some healing stacks on main tank/tanks/selected players/self)

most skills if set on auto would kill energy managment in SWTOR.

You know, all you have to do is tailor the delay's to the GCD (which everyone knows is 1.5 sec.) and adjust the timing tailored to the user's specific latency. I won't go into more detail here for obvious reasons but even a troll with down syndrome can do it and you don't need a "macro goblin" esq program to accomplish it.

the thing is, unless this program is intercepting packets client side, and it would need to be pretty advanced to do that AND be able to decipher things like stuns, cc, procs, abilities used etc., it is going to fall apart and end up using non optimal abilities. One rotation, or a set of rotations donot work in every situation. No two pvp encounters are exactly alike.

This is rubbish. The time the computer inputs the delay is not fixed at 1.5 DESPITE you setting it specifically to 1.5 The actual delay depends on many many many different factors. Those factors include, the innate input speed of your operating system, the speed of your computer, how streamlined the macro program is, current cpu load, etc,etc. Setting a 1.5 GCD will NOT work like you think it will. What will happen is that every few globals you will lose a global cool down due to syncing errors. There is no way around this. The delay time is not fixed, its random.

I have to say... 'it looks at my procs and then chooses my attacks'. Isn't that half of what separates a decent player from a bad in the first place? Who doesn't *already* do this manually? With a 1.5 second GCD, you'd have to be the most cerebral player and worst typist in the world to benefit from something like that. As for the notion that a script could give one person the edge in a fight between two players of equal skill... well, I'll believe it when I see it. And that's assuming we're talking 1v1, which is somewhat rare in warzones; once you bring multiple players into the mix, when you talk about automation you're not talking about a scripting task anymore, but something else entirely -- something which I doubt is even effectively possible, given the client-server game architecture. This whole thing strikes me as "someone beat me ergo they hack" paranoia.

TL;DR: If someone had the requisite knowledge to script something like that, they probably wouldn't bother anyway, and their gameplay would suffer if they did.

Thank you. This person gets it. Nailed it. If you guys and gals had actually done any scripting, you would know how impossible a challenge making a script like y this is. I have done real world scripting and automation as an it professional, as I am sure this guy has. This scenario just isnt plausible.

]I have never called out any individual or guild ever[/b]. What I have said is that the fact that it is usable and undetectable' date=' even [b']by your own team mates[/b], puts a taint on rated warzones all together. With out getting into to much detail, how handy would it be to have an auto knockback when lept to. Never ever use an ability without the proper buffs. To your last scenario a target of target script would take maybe 2 mins to write. Every time your focus target hard swapped you would immidiatly switch with them. The possibilities are endless. Your assertion that no one on your server uses them is absurd, as the person right next to you in the ops frame could use them and you would never know.

Here this is why you can tell this is ********. Everything bolded is (where he says not calling anyone out then says your mates use them) just **** that people can do WHILE ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME and he asserts "wow macro wuld b so gud 4 dis" like its needed to hit knockback when lept to or hit dps buttons properly. How delusional to think that NO ONE can do these things by themselves, he literally doesn't show any real advantage to using a script unless you are physically handicapped and have no arms. Thus why this is a troll post.

This is rubbish. The time the computer inputs the delay is not fixed at 1.5 DESPITE you setting it specifically to 1.5 The actual delay depends on many many many different factors. Those factors include, the innate input speed of your operating system, the speed of your computer, how streamlined the macro program is, current cpu load, etc,etc. Setting a 1.5 GCD will NOT work like you think it will. What will happen is that every few globals you will lose a global cool down due to syncing errors. There is no way around this. The delay time is not fixed, its random.

except it reads pixels, you do not set a default gcd because the script can monitor the color change of the cast bar and cast as soon as the gcd is up. no half casts no early cast no use of spells when an important buff is missing. Sure a good player will do this 95-99% of the time, but the script never messes up ever.

Correct, and its not even something that is on purpose, its just due to the shoddy hero engine and latency / network load fluctuations.

/sigh

I agree, however, you misinterpreted my post. The point is that you can manipulate the delays to get very impressive results despite all the variables.

Raz I have never said no one could do it, I have said no one can do it better than the scripts can. machine>man for reaction time and prioritizing operations.

So you assert everyone uses scripts then say that everyone could do what scripts do normally but yet you delete your character because everyone doing what they can easily do while hitting buttons is ruining your game?

Troll.

Everyone please abandon thread this guy is wrapped around a tree hes so twisted up.

So you assert everyone uses scripts then say that everyone could do what scripts do normally but yet you delete your character because everyone doing what they can easily do while hitting buttons is ruining your game?

Troll.

Everyone please abandon thread this guy is wrapped around a tree hes so twisted up.

Lol dude, reading is not that hard bro.

except it reads pixels, you do not set a default gcd because the script can monitor the color change of the cast bar and cast as soon as the gcd is up. no half casts no early cast no use of spells when an important buff is missing. Sure a good player will do this 95-99% of the time, but the script never messes up ever.

I don't mean to be glib, but this is beyond ridiculous. Imagination != reality.

I had a pocket healer one voidstart and hit 600k by just using my mouse/movement keys. I couldn't solo everyone, but I rarely lost a 1v1.

ROFL, if that is all you can achieve with this "great " script, I am not really worried. 600k max in VOIDSTAR WITH A POCKET HEALER is not spectacular at all.

Even if such a script would exist (which I doubt), it would have no effect of ranked wz, anyway. Just autochoosing the "best" attack (whatever that is) on a target in range might give you big numbers in the end, but will get your team nowhere against at least a mediocre ranked team. This is even more true when it comes to healing.

If you buy that, I've got a friend who's a Nigerian prince.

WOW! That's your friend!? Amazing, he just sent me a mail asking me for a favor and said there's some cash in it for me as well! What a coincidence!

If you doubt thats how it works that is your perogative, move along then

I can't move along, or even have prerogatives, because I'm actually an artificially created unsupervised learning machine designed to parse inane internet debates and respond by interjecting reason. I was developed using a scripting language called LOLZ that is unknown to all, because my creator prefers to make hyperbolic claims rather than provide any real evidence that it actually exists.

I don't mean to be glib, but this is beyond ridiculous. Imagination != reality.

This part is actually true. Bots in diablo 2 & 3 work off of pixel reading. That's how the autoit prog works too. I just dint think it is plausible for such a program to work effectively in swtor.

So,

how exactly would this program know when and who to swap guard to???

how would it know who and when to taunt someone??

how would it know how to coordinate burst with a teammate?

how would it know which enemy to apply a heal or accuracy debuff on, and when to do it to maximize efficiency?

how would it know that it needs to cc to ensure your team caps a node and not to break certain cc's or fill resolve?

does it know how to carry or pass the huttball?

does it know how to time a fire pull? or a stun/root over the fire?

does it know to pop a bubble from range before dps-ing from close?

does it know how to fake cast to bait an interrupt? or even which abilities are important to interrupt?

If it can't do these all of these things, then I'm really not too worried about it, since i can do all these things even if i'm 0.1 seconds after the global cooldown.

To be successful on a rated warzone team, you need humans using abilities timely and intelligently. There are too many intangibles that are not accounted for with any kind of bot.